HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 12:23 AM
want to fly the big one please
United States, CA, Covina
Joined Feb 2013
2,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
Shipping stuff out of the Bahamas cost more than getting stuff in. And the planes I have are not good first timers. Even with two heli gyros on the ailerons of the little balsa trainer I have, it is not an easy bird to manage.
thanks, was just a thought, but that makes sense.

u and integrity should get some kinda delivery going with a drone. Lol!
wouldn't that be nice!?
psychlic is online now Find More Posts by psychlic
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:32 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,193 Posts
Lots of BIG RC Aircraft taking off @ Top Gun 2014 (2 min 32 sec)

① LMA RAF COSFORD RC MODEL AIRCRAFT SHOW - 2013 FLIGHTLINE COMPILATION (15 min 17 sec)
Last edited by psychlic; Today at 12:40 AM.
Old Today, 11:22 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlic View Post
yes, good to here RC was the hero for a change
hate to mention it though,
but there are still the dummies out there.
at lunchtime today, I overheard on TV news how here in California, Fire Rescue was bringing in a heli to dump water but could not makes it's drop because there was a big drone doing FPV getting in the way. I was not actually watching the TV, so I don't know anymore details, but it was on today's news.
It's clowns like that which will bring about more regulations, I'm afraid
just got a word from guy on other thread that the medias report was hyped up
imagine that
Old Today, 02:13 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,319 Posts
Great videos lately psych!
ChopperJack is online now Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 03:36 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychlic View Post
just got a word from guy on other thread that the medias report was hyped up
imagine that
You mean the story you were talking about was hyped up? Yeah, that makes sense.

I don't know if you guys know this or not. But Orlando Florida is actually like the murder and gun crime capitol of the world. More people get shot around there than in some war zones.

SO, get this... The other day i heard on the radio that there was a shoot out involving police and a single shooter(absolutely normal and common news for Orlando). Apparently someone decided to get their Aerobot (I HATE the word drone, that should be reserved for military vehicles with weapons specifically). Anyway he decided to get his aerobot out and see if he could see what was going on... Now i won't say what he was doing was "smart", but i also believe he had the right to do it, regardless of how SCARED OF CITIZENS the police are trained to be. Anyway, the news story that picked it up made it a point to mention that "The pilot of the "DRONE" may have been assisting the shooter"... which i'm sure anyone that knows anything about this equipment would doubt... It just wouldn't be possible to on the fly call up a buddy, have them relay video and telemetry data to you while your shooting at people...... I mean really, these people need to stop playing video games and watching movies and do some god damn research for Christ sake.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Today, 04:04 PM
BahamaHeli
The Bahamas
Joined Dec 2010
3,613 Posts
What if the police had their own aerobot, that not only could be used for recon but maybe even weaponized, to assist in the takedown of criminals in certain situations and get the humans off the front line.

Or in the case of the lost man, why not use an aerobot to do the searching in the first place.

Or in the case of the fire, the aerobot could again do recon of the fire and get exact coordinates to the pilots dropping the water.

The benefits of these devices are far more important to society than people think. They just have to figure out how to deal with the dummies that dont have a clue about responsible operation of such devices.
kdean is offline Find More Posts by kdean
Last edited by kdean; Today at 04:22 PM.
Old Today, 07:08 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdean View Post
What if the police had their own aerobot, that not only could be used for recon but maybe even weaponized, to assist in the takedown of criminals in certain situations and get the humans off the front line.

Or in the case of the lost man, why not use an aerobot to do the searching in the first place.

Or in the case of the fire, the aerobot could again do recon of the fire and get exact coordinates to the pilots dropping the water.

The benefits of these devices are far more important to society than people think. They just have to figure out how to deal with the dummies that dont have a clue about responsible operation of such devices.

I am 100% opposed to the police or military using armed drones on US soil at least up until the point that due process deems that they are forced to arm their drones because the criminals are using them. Which is called escalation and is a possible outcome in the future. But not right now. The damn swat teams make mistakes and hit the wrong addresses and kill innocent people enough already as it is.
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Today, 08:04 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperJack View Post
Great videos lately psych!
thanks Chopper, glad u enjoyed them

Devo 7e came in today too, along with more of the LionPowers for my hoard.
Old Today, 08:36 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,193 Posts
yeah, it is going to get pretty hairy in the future I would imagine, with all this remote technology coming around.
not sure if I posted this here already (i love this guy!) or not, but imagine a shoot-out with one of these:
Prototype Quadrotor with Machine Gun! (5 min 12 sec)