HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:51 AM
skidding in the sky
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
998 Posts
Hi all, I'm making the leap to a MW board from kk3 v3 and KK2, can I ask a favour? Could someone give me a hint to the connecting of the GPS. I don't want to let any magic smoke out

And also confirm that I am right in saying the GPS plugs into the 4 pins front and centre of the board?

I've been able to (with a lot of help from a MW user), to get my Talon Tri on a quite windy day, up and flying quite well. Will put it through a fine tune before further comment but all in all, looking good

Regards

WO
WitnessOnly is offline Find More Posts by WitnessOnly
Last edited by WitnessOnly; Sep 23, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:58 PM
United States, TX, Laredo
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
@witnessonly

The way I have it connected is from left to right looking at the board with the arrow facing up is blue, green, yellow and black. And yes it goes on the middle of the board where the header pins are at.

Just un comment the define in the config.h for the Gps serial 2 and the baudrate. Also look for your magnetic magnetic declination and input it on the config.h you can get it at http://magnetic-declination.com/ and convert it to degrees.decimals here http://www.satsig.net/degrees-minutes-seconds-calculator.htm

Hope this help.
marvin081 is offline Find More Posts by marvin081
Last edited by marvin081; Sep 23, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:21 PM
Sweden, Skåne County, Jonstorp
Joined Sep 2012
13 Posts
No sensor data!

Hello

My first Multiwii board and my first post here

I got the board installed in a working quad, replaced the Naza. Just to test it out on a known good flying platform. I can upload the sketch, calibrate esc. But no sensor data in Wingui or Multiwiiconfig. Just flat lines and I2C error just jumps around. Tried calibrating acc and mag, no diff. In Wingui i can see RX data change on all channels, so communication with the board works. Did i get a bad board?
Also does anybody know what led2, led3 and led4 is for?
Glycol79 is offline Find More Posts by Glycol79
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:19 PM
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
Hello did you uncoment the board type on the config.h?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Sep 2012
13 Posts
Yes, the FFimuV2, got the gps working to. Shows my location on the map in WinGui. Also tried to uncomment the sensorns and left the FFimuV2 commented. No luck. If i arm and start the motors there is no rpm change when I´m tilting the copter.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:10 PM
Australia, NSW, Bradbury
Joined Dec 2007
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin081 View Post
@witnessonly

The way I have it connected is from left to right looking at the board with the arrow facing up is blue, green, yellow and black. And yes it goes on the middle of the board where the header pins are at.

Just un comment the define in the config.h for the Gps serial 2 and the baudrate. Also look for your magnetic magnetic declination and input it on the config.h you can get it at http://magnetic-declination.com/ and convert it to degrees.decimals here http://www.satsig.net/degrees-minute...calculator.htm

Hope this help.
Hey Witness,
Marvin is spot on with his info above, exactly the same as I have mine setup!!
Cheers,
Smithy.
knobby1 is online now Find More Posts by knobby1
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:37 PM
skidding in the sky
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
998 Posts
Marvin and Smithy thanks so much, looking forward to setting it up now cheers

WO
WitnessOnly is offline Find More Posts by WitnessOnly
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
No problem. Let us know how everything turns out.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:43 PM
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycol79 View Post
Yes, the FFimuV2, got the gps working to. Shows my location on the map in WinGui. Also tried to uncomment the sensorns and left the FFimuV2 commented. No luck. If i arm and start the motors there is no rpm change when I´m tilting the copter.
@Glycol79

Does the Gui shows that the sensors are working? When u move the frame does the sensor data changes?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Sep 2012
13 Posts
@Marvin

Nothing happens in the Gui when I´m moving the frame. Its only the i2c error count that changes. The indicators for activated sensors is green.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:43 AM
Disturbed, but in a good way.
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Nov 2009
143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoGoat View Post
I have my board up and running on my X quad, but dont seem to be able to get the GPS going. I have already defined serial 2 and baudrate to 115200 but the gps just sits there and I get nothing on the configGUI.
Can anyone help me out?
Aha! Got it going. I was playing around flashing the gps with different firmware and hey presto. Up and running 10hz 115200 baudrate! YAY.
RotoGoat is offline Find More Posts by RotoGoat
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:23 AM
Sussex England
Joined Aug 2007
73 Posts
Got this board set up and working perfectly in the GUI with 8 satellites on the bench in the workshop, now for the question, with my rabbit controller i can't arm the quad until it has 5 sattelites, how do I know this board has enough satellites before I take off. Going to use this on an FPV platform and I would hate to switch return to home and the quad just disappears over the horizon.

Dave H
zagifly is offline Find More Posts by zagifly
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:59 AM
Devon, Alberta
Joined Apr 2003
200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotoGoat View Post
Aha! Got it going. I was playing around flashing the gps with different firmware and hey presto. Up and running 10hz 115200 baudrate! YAY.
Which firmware did you end up using?

Tim
Tim2 is offline Find More Posts by Tim2
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
Sussex England
Joined Aug 2007
73 Posts
Answered my own question by studying the config h page, the red led marked 1 on the board starts flashing when the GPS has picked up 5 satellites.
Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!

Dave H
zagifly is offline Find More Posts by zagifly
Old Sep 24, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined May 2010
14 Posts
Damned! Where do you see how to set it to10Hertz???
I'm turning foolish with that GPS!
Thanks for an answer, please.
Pierre
PierHenri62 is offline Find More Posts by PierHenri62