HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 10:26 AM
Joined Jun 2011
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVT View Post
I prefer stripes on the belly to help with orientation. You may be able to make them with a magic marker. Longitudinal stripes probably 3 per wing 2" wide or so are easy to detect at long distances.

Since your battery (I'm guessing the whole tray?) came out. Now would be a good time to see how far back your batt would have to move to get rid of those nails. One option would be to cut foam to extend the batt compartment back then glue (I prefer welders glue) the foam into the front of the compartment. This would shed some weight and cushion the batt better on impact. That extra weight is probably increasing your stall speed a little. I don't know how much those 8 nails weigh but they aren't doing anything for you besides the obvious of course:-) Either way Congrats on your maiden. Sounds like you'll be back in the air in no time.
Good idea for the stripes. I think I will use those and paint them with some florescent orange spray paint. I did notice last night that the control horn is missing from one elevon. Wonder what I need to replace it? Where do you get the ones that came with the kit? I may move the battery back some since I had to use about half throttle to keep the wing in the air and make the turns. It is fun to fly and looks cool in the sky. Even my wife who thinks it is a kid's hobby was impressed!
257Roberts is offline Find More Posts by 257Roberts
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 12:51 PM
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,004 Posts
Ordered those tapes.

http://www.banggood.com/3M-Reflectiv...-p-927807.html
http://www.banggood.com/10inch-Refle...-p-915309.html

Once i tried similar tape with my AXN and for visibility the reflective ones were by far the best.
Also on a cloudy day without sunlight.

Only thing is not to use too much of it because it is a little bit heavier than normal wing tape.
SilbernerSurfer is offline Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Old Today, 01:42 PM
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,004 Posts
@257Roberts

I am very interrested in your AUW with the AXN motor and the 2200mh batt.
Old Today, 01:55 PM
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sredlin View Post
I have that motor on an EZ Fly trainer scratch built, there's a thread here on RCG
Thanks a lot for this thread!!!!!

That is what i have searched for about 3 month!

Uwe
Old Today, 02:23 PM
My dog ate my airplane
San Diego
Joined Dec 2008
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer View Post
For the 2730-1500, GWS 7035 DriveCalc says 412g thrust and 70kmh and for the APC 6x4 about 350g and 80kmh (If i remember right). So it is enough for me and my brother to exercise for the first.
If i had the time i will measure the static thrust with an hanging scale.
The 7x6 and 8x3.8 are drawing more than 8amps which the 2730-1500 is limited to. So i am afraid to fry the motor with those props.

I have bought the 2730-3000 too to see the difference. One of my next projects. DriveCalc says about 150kmh with an GWS 4040 on 3s.

Also i have ordered an 2818-1350 (recommended) and have laying around an AXN motor.

All of them i will try just to see the differences.

In 2 weeks i have vacation for 5 weeks. I will see which of those experiments i can realize.

Thanks for the suggestion to the EZ Fly trainer thread.
You're welcome, the EZ Fly is pretty fun with the 7x6 prop on 3s with big throws on the rudder and elevator, it definitely has plenty of power for aerobatics and will easily rudder roll. I didn't realize the 2730-1500kv has such a low amp rating, I've used either the 7x6 or 8x3.8 without issues, but I'm not blasting around a full throttle all the time either, just short bursts and it's never hot when I bring it back for a landing. I think some of the Hobbyking ratings on motors are just precautionary, because I'm pretty sure their site shows that the 2730-3000kv is limited to 2s, but my brother-in-law has a Mini-Popwing with it that he flies on 3s with a GWS 5030 prop all the time, and that thing is super fast. I bought him this setup from an RCG user named Johnnymeg, who builds and sells them, here's the thread on those in case you want a small and fast Popwing:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1703771

Whatever you do, just have fun experimenting with different motor setups on the Teksumo/Popwing.
sredlin is offline Find More Posts by sredlin
Old Today, 03:58 PM
Joined Jun 2011
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilbernerSurfer View Post
@257Roberts

I am very interrested in your AUW with the AXN motor and the 2200mh batt.
Sorry, but I don't have a scale to weigh the wing with. I think the AXN motor may be lighter than some of the motors others are using, maybe the reason I had to add ballast to the rear of the wing.
257Roberts is offline Find More Posts by 257Roberts