HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:31 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
It's in the April 2012 issue of Radio Control Car Action.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 06:14 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
thanks
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jun 08, 2012, 12:13 AM
www.racerhobby.com
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
DXR 500 motorace - 1st I started with the gyro bike....i love it very much.....at least i can drive the bike out from the box........drive as slow as you can or imagine....its easy.....
i make a youtube....play by my son:-

1/5 R/C Bike - Anderson M5 Race MOTOGP (3 min 33 sec)

This bike look toys but the performance never get disappointed, but appearance is thruly scaleeeee....

Now i play the race kit, its also easy to drive......and fast........ but to go faster like a world champion......I think i need someone that is good to fine tune it.........what i think is just lesser out the weight will do..............i surely think it can be a competitive bike.......................many expert thought that this is just for beginner with the low price tag compare with those high price race bike.............what i like to say.....you don't try you never know.................someone is making the world to change.......................this bike is work as a 'key' to the door of r/c bike world...........................

just for your info....if you have a gyro version.....later if you think you are good.....then just change the tyre and rear wheel without gyro..............................
.My next move is modify the bike with TT SB5 body and fairings.............just to reduce weight, to see how good she can go................may be she will handle like a world champ bike...............yet to find out
jumpsa is offline Find More Posts by jumpsa
Last edited by jumpsa; Jun 08, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Mar 2011
10 Posts
I run with This in French Stockbike Championship. It is Ok. But this bike is too heavy compared toi SB5 to run in Superbike.
You Will have to put a Lot of hop ups on or i am Afraid (even on the race version)
Zedsispeho is offline Find More Posts by Zedsispeho
Old Jun 08, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Anyone have a vid on the Duratrax dxr500 with a 5900kv motor.I have been thinking about this bike.I don't race,just parking lot fun,but i want it to go as fastas possible.You tube is useless for this bike.One vid has a mamba 5700,but it is just some rap crap and i don't think he really has it wide open.I want the dxr because the product support is great and parts are plentiful.
gurumods is offline Find More Posts by gurumods
Old Jun 09, 2012, 05:26 AM
Joined Mar 2011
10 Posts
Try with keywords M5 race and MRX5 race, you will Get more result on YouTube.
Zedsispeho is offline Find More Posts by Zedsispeho
Old Jul 06, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Well i got my dxr today and i feel like a loner cause this thread is soo dead.Does anyone have this bike that can share some tips with me.I got the front brake but i am not sure if the disk is supposed to float on the hub or do i use the triangle spacer and 3 screws to hold it in place and why did they give me a duplex connector for the brake servo wire,there is no place to mount the duplex with 2 screws.A simple seervo extension should work,Right ?.Also,the damper,should i just stick with 1 or should i add another to the other side of the servo horn.ANYTHING would be helpful
Last edited by gurumods; Jul 06, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 11:04 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
I'm running mine without a front brake, so I'm not 100% positive, but I'm pretty sure the rotor should float; I've never seen a fixed rotor on a bike, but then, there is a first for everything. Mount it up floating, then give the wheel a spin and lean it from side to side to see if it wants to fall off. The duplex connector is used with channel 2 if your radio doesn't have 3rd channel brake mixing. And a single steering damper is fine, just use thicker oil and harder springs.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:55 AM
www.racerhobby.com
Joined May 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
Well i got my dxr today and i feel like a loner cause this thread is soo dead.Does anyone have this bike that can share some tips with me.I got the front brake but i am not sure if the disk is supposed to float on the hub or do i use the triangle spacer and 3 screws to hold it in place and why did they give me a duplex connector for the brake servo wire,there is no place to mount the duplex with 2 screws.A simple seervo extension should work,Right ?.Also,the damper,should i just stick with 1 or should i add another to the other side of the servo horn.ANYTHING would be helpful
the disk is suppose to float without the triangle

the duplex is connect to the receiver throltte and output to esc and front brake servo......
jumpsa is offline Find More Posts by jumpsa
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:47 AM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
TY Jumpsa.Do you have a DXR or Anderson m5 race ?.
Also,i bought this cooling fan
http://2wheelhobbies.com/product_inf...oducts_id=1333
But i don't see how i bolt it to the esc.There are no mounting hole and not enough room either.Description says it's for dx450 or dxr500.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:08 AM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
There are no holes for the fan screws; the screws go between the fins of the heatsink.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
There are no holes for the fan screws; the screws go between the fins of the heatsink.
WOW that seems kinda lame way to have to mount the fan.When i tear it apart tomorrow to start my complete overhaul i will try it.

BTW,this should fit my dxr right?
http://www.andersonmodel.com/product...id=2474&cid=40
Question is,will i be able to get in here in U.S.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:16 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurumods View Post
WOW that seems kinda lame way to have to mount the fan.When i tear it apart tomorrow to start my complete overhaul i will try it.
That's even how LRP does it on some of their top shelf speedos. If you get anxious about it, put a drop of CA in there after screwing it in place (you can do it from the side). Oh and thread lock might not work too well, as once the heat sink gets hot, the thread lock will loosen.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Apr 2006
149 Posts
Anyone tell me what wheels these are.Plastic or alum.? Maybe a link to them also

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677302
Old Jul 21, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Jul 2012
4 Posts
does anyone else run 2 steering dampeners i just instaled 2 but havent gotten to run it since it has been raining?
dxr500king is offline Find More Posts by dxr500king