Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Today, 01:36 AM
Russia, Voronezhskaya oblast, Voronezh
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Please help me.
I don't know how to choose the battery Phoenix 200.
Battery 3S 3000mAh not enough for me.
I have a video transmitter and the autopilot and the engine on a single battery.
I want to buy a new battery:
1. 5000mAh 3S weight : 354 gram
2. 3700mAh 4S weight : 393 gram
3. 4500mAh 4S weight : 466 gram
What is the battery to choose?
466 gram is It a great weight for the battery? (for Phoenix 200.)
Amrel is offline Find More Posts by Amrel
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:41 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,446 Posts
I think they are all too big and too heavy and you probably wouldn't even fit them in the battery compartment. I find a 2450 is one of the biggest that will fit reasonably well unless you get one that sits on its' side. I just don't think the Phoenix 2000 lends itself to FPV.
Choose another plane.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Today, 07:42 AM
Joined Apr 2013
9 Posts
Hy
A 3 weekes ago I remained without control om my phoenix 2000 ( battery run from his location and cut off a wire) so he fall down.
I orderd a new motor turnigy 2836/1000 and I need yor help about the angle it should be installed.

Best Regards
Bogdan
MeAmor22 is offline Find More Posts by MeAmor22
Old Today, 08:43 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by botulism View Post
I have fairly good eyesight, (albeit not nearly as good as it was 30 yrs. ago when I started flying sailplanes). Now, I find that above 1000 feet (300meters), any pattern is not discernable. The only thing that makes a difference is contrast. Against a light colored sky (overcast), dark colors (dark purple or black are my faves) show up the best. Against a clear blue sky, bright white shows up best. Since it's rarely clear (especially where you get the big thermals that get you up over 1000 feet), I choose dark for the undersides. If you fly it solely on the slope, or stay below 500 feet, like a sport airplane, then patterns or colors might be helpful for orientation. But that's not what the plane was designed for.

Only slightly off topic, here's a video showing my Eraser Xtreme reaching 2375 feet (724 meters) AGL. If the sky had not been overcast, I would not have been able to see it at all. This is a 3.2 meter (126 inch) wingspan plane. The bottom of the wing is bright orange, which looks really dark when not in the sun. I question the validity of anyone stating they have flown over 2000 feet with a 2 meter plane (Radian or Phx 2000).

Also, please PLEASE don't try to lecture me about high altitude flying. Thank you.

(earplugs inserted, fire extinguisher standing by).
--
Greg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guw9TDTyflo
Nice vid, I have flown at just over 2000ft with p2k , verified by the frsky altimeter with telemetry. But I only did it once and for a short time only on a overcast day which was good for seeing the dark shape of plane and it was not at all relaxing lol,
Other days 1000ft is a problem!

I have read reports of 3500ft but can't imagine flying that high and still being able to see it let alone have control!

On a_decent day I am happy to fly at between 1200 to 1600 ft and find that thermal activity at this height is more abundant and bigger and smoother lift makes it relaxing too!

Big thick black lines under wings works for me, on top I would probably go for bright luminous colours.
nigelsheffield is offline Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Today, 08:54 AM
yorkshire UK
Joined Oct 2007
3,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrel View Post
Please help me.
I don't know how to choose the battery Phoenix 200.
Battery 3S 3000mAh not enough for me.
I have a video transmitter and the autopilot and the engine on a single battery.
I want to buy a new battery:
1. 5000mAh 3S weight : 354 gram
2. 3700mAh 4S weight : 393 gram
3. 4500mAh 4S weight : 466 gram
What is the battery to choose?
466 gram is It a great weight for the battery? (for Phoenix 200.)
Too heavy for thermalling in general but if duration is your thing then go for the 3 cell and keep motor within specs. Bear in mind that your motor will be working harder with extra weight and running for longer with extra capacity so will get hotter _ keep an eye on this.

I would prefer a smaller battery and try to get it to thermal but depends on what you want , follow thermals up with no motor use and you can stay up for hours!
nigelsheffield is offline Find More Posts by nigelsheffield
Old Today, 05:04 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,446 Posts
Trouble is nigel, he doesn't want to thermal it. He is trying to FPV it. It just won't work with those batteries. I have FPV gear and wouldn't attempt it with the Phoenix.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid