HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2002, 03:29 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
How do i get these batts out?

I just got two qualcom packs but theyt are still in there cases how do i get access to them?

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2002, 03:46 PM
Lowcountry, South Carolina
Joined Jun 2002
110 Posts
Check this url, should give you some ideas.

http://www.nickstech.com/rc/lithium/

Hague
Hague is offline Find More Posts by Hague
Old Sep 16, 2002, 05:56 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Also do i actually NEED the circute board on the bottom of the pack? I have heard something about a protection circute i gather this is it? I have also heard youi get better performance with this off? is this the case and is this the circute?

Mal
Old Sep 16, 2002, 06:39 PM
Moderated. Severely.
Sonoma County, California
Joined Apr 2002
450 Posts
That is the circuit. As for better performance.... It just gets rid of the auto-shut off circuit. Meaning you could push them harder. And you 'could' blow them up (And Li-IOns can really blow up) I did take the circuit off mine, but I watch what I try and run on it. 2 amps is good, 3amps is pushing it. You could get away with close to 4. But then back to the line above. you *could* blow them up. Or at least damage them. They are a blast, have fun, just be carefull. They are tuchy to high amp draws.

Darren
TheAddler is offline Find More Posts by TheAddler
Old Sep 16, 2002, 07:06 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,188 Posts
..difference between Li-IOn $ Li-Poly..

"And you 'could' blow them up (And Li-IOns can really blow up)"

..is this one of the differences between these cells, that the newer Li-Polys are much safer, not as apt to blow up..?

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Old Sep 16, 2002, 07:49 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
This is what I have heard. The li Poly`s "Melt" rather tha "Blow up" What i was really wanting to know is if the "Bord" was Nesseacay for them to work. My question was answerd thanks!

Mal
Old Sep 16, 2002, 09:29 PM
Moderated. Severely.
Sonoma County, California
Joined Apr 2002
450 Posts
And yes, the Li-Poly are safer. There is a three about them, and the guy who will sell them (electricdude, or something with electric in the handle) Went and saw them at the company. He said along with some way-over abused cells that were just puffed up, there was even one with a nail through it. No explosions. The other BIG advantage with the Li-Poly's is they will handle a lot more amps. Meaning you can use them in much bigger apps.
TheAddler is offline Find More Posts by TheAddler
Old Sep 16, 2002, 09:45 PM
End User
USA, IN, Carmel
Joined May 2002
2,841 Posts
I took the curcuit boards off of all of my qualcomm packs, and have had no problems. I've flown many hours on these, in the Tinabob, which uses more draw than the boards will allow, still no problems.
cathode is offline Find More Posts by cathode
Old Sep 16, 2002, 11:04 PM
Unicorn
(Cordova)Memphis, TN
Joined Jul 2002
1,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TheAddler
And yes, the Li-Poly are safer. There is a three about them, and the guy who will sell them (electricdude, or something with electric in the handle) Went and saw them at the company. He said along with some way-over abused cells that were just puffed up, there was even one with a nail through it. No explosions. The other BIG advantage with the Li-Poly's is they will handle a lot more amps. Meaning you can use them in much bigger apps.
Just an FYI, the electrodude you are referring to runs www.FMAdirect.com and the li-polys are the Kokams everyone is excited about.

Jay
Jay C is offline Find More Posts by Jay C
Last edited by Jay C; Sep 16, 2002 at 11:06 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2002, 11:46 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
THANKS CATHODE

And here i went and took them to Martin hunters wife to get her to put the Darn thing back on!! The thread i read it sounded like i NEEDED them on.

Mal
Old Sep 17, 2002, 07:37 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CadaverBSE

Just an FYI, the electrodude you are referring to runs www.FMAdirect.com and the li-polys are the Kokams everyone is excited about.

Jay
We are referring to the honorable Fred Marks I believe who was inducted this month and rightly so..! Now was it into the AMA Hall of Fame or another Hall..? I read this on another thread.....

Also FMA Direct will have the North American rights to this Kokam cell .....wow...good for them.......that includes WE in the North, and YOU'S Guys waaaa down South, and ALL in between.....

Will this be THE battery that just blows the lid off this whole electric segment of R/C flying ......imagine what's going to happen to glow flying over the next ten years if this IS the battery ..... color it GONE...!

Which also means these little Mega's will be 2 for $49.99 ..Oh Yeah!

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Old Sep 18, 2002, 12:23 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
WHat about when i need to charge these Batts Do i need this board then?

Mal
Old Sep 18, 2002, 10:09 AM
End User
USA, IN, Carmel
Joined May 2002
2,841 Posts
I don't use the board to charge. I read somewhere that it's not necessary for charging, but serves some other function when used with the unmodified original qualcomm charger.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 12:08 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
ok uhh Unmodified. charger. What kind of charger are you using then?

Mal
Old Sep 18, 2002, 01:51 PM
End User
USA, IN, Carmel
Joined May 2002
2,841 Posts
I use a sony car-charger that I bought off of ebay