HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2014, 01:17 PM
RcBoater
Joined Feb 2014
205 Posts
SPIROS- you can't make a 009 a rocket when it is not designed to be a rocket a $62.00. Time for you to realize the real facts. You want everyone to find a perfect 009 equipment so you won't make an error, correct. We do the dirty work and expense and you jump in and demand results NOW. Why not read your posts or read all the posts from #1 and up like we did. I probably did or done more work on these and not posted as I didn't want to step on toes which is impolite as most won't listen tho thru replies posted on here. That's why I delete some of my posts as not to offend the previous poster. Best to leave the thread! Piros, all yours! After your post and emails to me ,tells me to avoid your posts. When people get like that, time to talk to persons who are more polite, life is to short.
Dennis Manning is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Manning
Last edited by Dennis Manning; Sep 15, 2014 at 01:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2014, 02:13 PM
Norway, Akershus, Asker
Joined Apr 2014
18 Posts
"Resonance" was supposed to be "response", sorry, that's an interesting typo to make, i must have been drunk at the time (or i just have stupid fingers)...

Just a slight correction to micromodder, (i might be reading your post wrong, if so, apologies): making the boat top heavy is the last thing you want to do, and will directly harm the self righting feature. Keeping the weight as far down in the boats hull as possible is what makes the self righting work, (in theory you wouldn't even need the torque of the motor to flip it, if there is enough weight at the bottom of the hull.)

If you're willing to sacrifice looks, you can make any small boat self righting by gluing a buoyant object on top of it, i personally used a ping-pong ball glued to the canopy of a brushless inrunner powered ft007, not pretty, but works.

-Andre
Insufferable Oaf is offline Find More Posts by Insufferable Oaf
Old Sep 15, 2014, 02:51 PM
Joined Sep 2014
14 Posts
I went through all posts,everyone was giving correct information while you were deleting everything you had found out..i respect your experience and everything,but you don't help..you just criticize
spiros is offline Find More Posts by spiros
Old Sep 15, 2014, 05:43 PM
Joined Apr 2014
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insufferable Oaf View Post
Apologies for changing the ongoing subject, but.

I've just noticed new batteries for ft009 popped up at Banggood.
http://www.banggood.com/FT009-7_4V28...-p-942589.html

If banggoods specs are to be believed they are 118grams, about 80mm in length and 2800mah.

Has anyone tried these yet? Cant say i trust the specs myself, but if the battery is even barely of an acceptable quality, then these could be great.

-Andre

I've got two of these 2800 mah batteries halfway here in middle of shipping.......ordered them over a week ago, so I expect another 2 weeks of waiting. As I've got two boats, we'll see which battery, stock OEM, or the new $20 battery is fastest. On the stock battery I get around 7 minutes run time at various throttle bursts.
Windy Heap is online now Find More Posts by Windy Heap
Old Sep 15, 2014, 08:17 PM
Malaysia, Johor, Kota Tinggi
Joined Sep 2014
16 Posts
Just sharing

We here to sharing idea for better upgrade.
Ken Master is offline Find More Posts by Ken Master
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:19 PM
Joined Sep 2014
14 Posts
So,to sum up..has anyone managed to make a brushless conversion of the ft009?and is it still working?
spiros is offline Find More Posts by spiros
Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:02 PM
Kid at heart..
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Apr 2014
139 Posts
Mine worked for a few runs, then things started to break. Overall, the money I spent on the FT009 plus the parts (motor, esc, rudder, shaft, stuffing tube, etc.. I could have bought a an Aquaholic from Hobby King. So I converted it back to stock and now my kids like it much better.
hangtheman is online now Find More Posts by hangtheman
Old Sep 16, 2014, 05:25 PM
Joined Dec 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiros View Post
So,to sum up..has anyone managed to make a brushless conversion of the ft009?and is it still working?
Not brushless but faster with the Titan 21t motor running on 3s 1000mah batteries to keep the self righteousness feature. Having to use a new metal coupler as the T end of the shaft will bust. Been running it for weeks now. Must lube it up after every run or so. Also, need new seperate ESC and rx, tx. Did some post a while back for exactly what to buy.

Might go back to stock motor and battery on 2s as I might need to steal the 3s batteries if I get the Super Mono X boat.
microhelidude is online now Find More Posts by microhelidude
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:40 AM
United States, FL, Summerfield
Joined May 2014
9 Posts
Pinon Gear Change?

Has anyone considered pinion gear changes on the OE motor shaft?
Ondahelipad is online now Find More Posts by Ondahelipad
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
Joined Dec 2007
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondahelipad View Post
Has anyone considered pinion gear changes on the OE motor shaft?
We don't use pinions on this boat.
microhelidude is online now Find More Posts by microhelidude