HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2013, 04:06 AM
Joined May 2011
65 Posts
Discussion
Waypoint navigation

Hi HFT,

Can you share with user when can we expect waypoints navigation feature?

Regards and good luck
Krzysiek is offline Find More Posts by Krzysiek
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:46 PM
Joined Jun 2011
68 Posts
I am days away from giving up on Hoverfly, no waypoints, not worth the money.

There are now a lot of others out there doing a better job, and they care about what the customer wants.

Soon I will have two (black) Pro's and one GPS boards for sale. PM if interested.
ssgtmacgyver is offline Find More Posts by ssgtmacgyver
Last edited by ssgtmacgyver; Aug 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:33 AM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,446 Posts
There are ROCK SOLID GPS waypoint options out there (hint: not DJI)... I still use my HFP for LOS beauty shots but other craft for shots that require a repeatable path.

Jeffparisse.com
workshop is offline Find More Posts by workshop
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:25 AM
Gravity always wins !!!
UK, Essex, Tiptree
Joined Jan 2010
57 Posts
Nothing from Hoverfly yet!!

I am looking at zero tech ys-x6p any thoughts?
Photo Elevate is offline Find More Posts by Photo Elevate
Old Sep 30, 2013, 06:02 PM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photo Elevate View Post
Nothing from Hoverfly yet!!

I am looking at zero tech ys-x6p any thoughts?
I have a YS-X6 Basic Version I'll sell for real cheap.
mspencer is offline Find More Posts by mspencer
Old Sep 30, 2013, 06:44 PM
Flight Instructor
Chico, CA
Joined Jun 2008
684 Posts
I purchased the YS-X6 Basic this Summer. I've been using Hoverfly for a long time and thought I'd try something else. The YS-X6 is a very good controller but I soon found out it wasn't for me. Being able to navigate via cell phone or laptop is very cool but it isn't what I need. Having waypoints is good but for the type of videoing I do I constantly need to change flight speeds and directions to get "the shot." Having a ship flying from waypoint to waypoint takes some of the manual flight characteristics away that I need while flying. It does some cool things like limiting your pitch and bank angles so you don't get too steep but i'm sure Hoverfly will come out with this stuff. I payed $1000 for this controller and found out just a few months later the Pro Version was lowered in price to $1800 which is normally like $4000. It was kind of upsetting. I'm willing to get rid of it for less than $500 bucks. The instructions for a Zero UAV are very poorly written and customer service is horrible. Mine had a bad USB updater (serial to USB). It took me lots of emailing and complaining to get a new one. Even though Hoverfly is behind the ball on advanced features they have been the best in terms of reliability and customer service.
mspencer is offline Find More Posts by mspencer
Last edited by mspencer; Oct 01, 2013 at 12:53 AM.