HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 09, 2014, 05:16 AM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,603 Posts
Listen guys,-I tried 'Sanity' for a brief time....It was awful !
-Too many rules, and someone always wants you to explain why you did,what you did..as if you owe them an explanation !
Our way is much better.....Now they just smile 'n say "oh that crazy (add your name here), and walk away shaking their heads..
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just thinking out loud
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2014, 05:30 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,391 Posts
Sanity is over rated. I'm sure that my neighbors all refer to me as "That crazy airplane guy."

Here are a few of the things that help me cope with reality.
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old May 09, 2014, 06:07 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,603 Posts
Didja' ever notice that some of the best 'medicines' are free ? -family,pets, sunsets/sunrises, just staring at models ?( I've got the Playmate of the Month right in front of me, Kenh3497) !
RCG Plus Member
Old May 09, 2014, 06:11 AM
ARFs Are Me
Traverse City, Michigan
Joined Dec 2005
11,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
Didja' ever notice that some of the best 'medicines' are free ? -family,pets, sunsets/sunrises, just staring at models ?( I've got the Playmate of the Month right in front of me, Kenh3497) !
I couldn't agree more !
TomCrump is offline Find More Posts by TomCrump
Old May 09, 2014, 08:15 AM
Expert in sawdust production
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2007
1,095 Posts
Is it me or is the ratio of pictures of Talley sleeping and Tally actually awake and moving very lopsided?!

Maybe it's Talley's way of coping with Tom's lack of sanity?
flyerinokc is online now Find More Posts by flyerinokc
Old May 09, 2014, 11:26 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,603 Posts
You've seen Talle AWAKE ? - I saw one eye open once...
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2014, 06:23 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,603 Posts
People are interesting....One of my local Airports has been in existence since 1942..-Harford County Air...
They survived the slump of the past decade, and are now in a position to expand.
Airplanes have been flying there constantly...
The Race horse "Norther Dancer" was born and raised 1 mile from the very end of the active runway...The owners of that horse farm oppose the runway expansion, because of "increased air traffic, the inclusion of smaller jets, now, and get this; the noise may 'spook' the animals"...
I spent four hours at the end of the runway, watching skydivers' aircraft activity,and neither cattle, horses,nor pets even look up, as the aircraft arrive or depart.
The county council pooh-poohed the complaint,stating the "noise may have benefitted Northern Dancer- it certainly seemed to cause him no harm".
Case closed.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2014, 08:44 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,479 Posts
Seems only natural to me, as more airports shut down, those that are left will see some more traffic. Concentrated hots spots of activity, if you will.

I looked into renting hangar space here, 5 years ago. I was told in no uncertain terms the Little River Airport, Mendocino county, California, IS NOT INTERESTED in any growth , whatsoever. They WERE interested in taking FAA funds to repave the 6000 ft runway and taxi ways and did. Did I mention there's no fuel?

This is tourist area, but the number one industry is dope. I have a hard time understanding apparent support for one and not the other.

We do have lot of wildlife and forest, here. The deer and birds provide my wife and I with a lot of enjoyment/relaxation. We have 8-10 deer here everyday, along with doves, jays, Band-tail pigeons and several smaller birds. We get huge flocks of Canada geese, down at the shore. Had a bear sniffing around this past winter.
packardpursuit is online now Find More Posts by packardpursuit
Old May 10, 2014, 08:59 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,603 Posts
I'm going to Massey Aerodrome (Md-1) today, for the chili fest. Grass runway, no fence, and smiling people......and Av gas.

A place where anyone who enjoys airplanes,can enjoy airplanes.

No one there interrogates you, believing you're a terrorist, unless you prove otherwise.......Then they shoot you.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2014, 11:08 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,479 Posts
Flying off grass. Now, there's some real medicinal activity!
packardpursuit is online now Find More Posts by packardpursuit
Old May 10, 2014, 01:09 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,603 Posts
Big ol' rumbling radials overhead...not 1,but 2! Cessna 195's coming to the Chili Fest..
I am so lucky to have these places to visit....does my heart good..!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 13, 2014, 10:44 AM
www.****enageair.org
Joined Mar 2006
299 Posts
Hello Earl GAAM's 195 got some air this weekend
! As did the Pup, Bird and WACO
us185damiani is offline Find More Posts by us185damiani
Old May 13, 2014, 10:52 AM
Expert in sawdust production
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2007
1,095 Posts
I love the 195 picture! I have plans & plastic and build article for the Uravitch 195 I plan to build at some point. I need to order the laser cut short kit from Hobby Hanger
flyerinokc is online now Find More Posts by flyerinokc