SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 21, 2013, 06:04 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
It was my first CP and was good to learn on. The problem now is that it breaks every dang time I take it out. I'm getting sick of it. The Walkera has a larger following and hopefully better parts support. However, if I were looking for a FIRST micro CP heli and did not care about changing any settings, I would get the WLtoys V922.
The v922 is nice because it's a cheap RTF model but the TX isn't programmable and I feel that having a 6CH helicopter without a programmable TX is pointless. I'd be willing to spend $150 - $200 for a TX + helicopter setup. Anyway, don't want to get this thread off track. Definitely considering the Solo Pro 100.
aaronmichael is offline Find More Posts by aaronmichael
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2013, 08:06 PM
Joined May 2011
428 Posts
Well I've owned my Solo Pro 100cp for a few months now and think it's ok for someone who is just learning how to fly a collective pitch helicopter, because of the price. I,on the other hand, already knew how to fly a cp heli, and used it to learn inverted flight. I'm finding that the tail blows out when it is inverted, making it very hard to do anything 3D and I'm wondering is this common with 3D helis that have tail motors?
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:56 PM
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
Well I've owned my Solo Pro 100cp for a few months now and think it's ok for someone who is just learning how to fly a collective pitch helicopter, because of the price. I,on the other hand, already knew how to fly a cp heli, and used it to learn inverted flight. I'm finding that the tail blows out when it is inverted, making it very hard to do anything 3D and I'm wondering is this common with 3D helis that have tail motors?
Thanks for the input on the SP 100. Where and how much did you purchase it for? I've heard the tail blowouts are definitely a common occurrence with tail motor, fixed pitch tail blade helicopters. I think some perform better than others but true 3D flying should be done with a belt or shaft driven copter with variable pitch blades. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm just a n00b!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:22 AM
Joined May 2011
428 Posts
I bought mine from the Hobby King USA warehouse and paid RTF $79.99, with shipping it came out to be $92.77. Outside normal flying it's a hundred times better than any fixed pitch heli, but it's a lot more demanding and faster. A fixed pitch heli kinda flies by itself, you have to really fly the solo pro.(I mean keeping it balanced)
mugen 1 is offline Find More Posts by mugen 1
Last edited by mugen 1; Feb 22, 2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:06 PM
Joined Feb 2013
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen 1 View Post
I bought mine from the Hobby King USA warehouse and paid RTF $79.99, with shipping it came out to be $92.77. Outside normal flying it's a hundred times better than any fixed pitch heli, but it's a lot more demanding and faster. I fixed pitch heli kinda flies by itself, you have to really fly the solo pro.(I mean keep it balanced)
Thanks for the feedback!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:37 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,208 Posts
I was wondering how the 100d flys compared to Genius c/p/ Mcp-x. New to c/p and have one. Blade and Walkrea parts are not hard to find. H/K is hit and miss. I don't want to break it if its crazy, but sounds like comon 100 size c/p. ??
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:47 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,208 Posts
Geez ....> looks like I need to just give it a try. I have 260a/ 270a /328 S/P and they work ok. 328 not to crazy about but other two fly fine.

OK, got it into the air. Needs taming but give it a better try tomorrow. Looks like its working pretty decent.
Last edited by dankar04; Feb 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: updated
Old Mar 01, 2013, 05:52 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jppaulino View Post
Solo Pro 100 with Huey Fuselage...used mcpx blades, because i coundn't find any replacements for nine eagles

Attachment 5530314
Grat! Very nice!
Janika12 is offline Find More Posts by Janika12
Old Mar 01, 2013, 06:25 AM
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by artvolk View Post
Here is my attempt for Solo Pro 100D and J6Pro FAQ:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1816520
Great site!! Thanks!!
Janika12 is offline Find More Posts by Janika12
Old Mar 02, 2013, 02:06 PM
Mad Man with a lethal weapon!
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Don't be to presumpsuas, the Tx is a piece of junk. And it proprietary to the Solo Pro 100D. The J6 is the worst Tx to try and program! There is no default program for the Solo... SO DON'T RESET IT! Because there is no mension of the Solo default setting in either manual. I can't get mine re programmed, so it sitting on the shelf!
Ek_trician is offline Find More Posts by Ek_trician
Old Mar 03, 2013, 03:56 AM
Joined Mar 2012
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ek_trician View Post
Don't be to presumpsuas, the Tx is a piece of junk. And it proprietary to the Solo Pro 100D. The J6 is the worst Tx to try and program! There is no default program for the Solo... SO DON'T RESET IT! Because there is no mension of the Solo default setting in either manual. I can't get mine re programmed, so it sitting on the shelf!
Page 8 of the SP100 manual has most of the default settings. I personally don't mind programming the J6 and have programmed it from reset numerous times.
Hazzanz is offline Find More Posts by Hazzanz
Last edited by Hazzanz; Mar 03, 2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:08 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janika12 View Post
Grat! Very nice!
Hobbyking has 300ma nano-tech for S/P 100D. I bought mine there.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 03:03 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,208 Posts
I used this J6 pro last time and flew 270A with it and 100D in normal. Today I take out of box and throddle stick is in thr middle and no racket like before. Did I hit something ? This is mode two and never had a TX not have racket for throddle. Have I turned on something to change throddle stick. 100D kept pulling to one side , before it was ok. It has not been crashed.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 08:50 AM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined May 2002
927 Posts
Check that the mode switch on the back hasn't moved. IIRC, it's behind a cover.

D.
darkith is offline Find More Posts by darkith
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:03 AM
Joined Mar 2012
68 Posts
Yeah, also that nice little mode switch sometimes has the pins break off, in which case you'll need to pick your mode and then remove the spring inside the controller to make it what mode you want. I just had my 180 controller do this last night. Not a huge deal, but make sure you get the right spring.
josephjhaney is offline Find More Posts by josephjhaney