New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2015, 09:00 PM
Find More Posts by John Luciano
United States, CT, Kent
Joined Nov 2009
963 Posts
Discussion
Cant do it

I try to fly just looking at the monitor and boom I crash into the ground.
How do I keep altitude ? I think I can use it to frame a shot at 100 feet up. Flying thru trees or around the field 20 feet off the ground no way. What is the secret ? What can I do to improve it..? I am going to try it with the FreeX next. That has altitude hold. Might make the difference , I do see people doing it with out that aid .
John Luciano is online now Find More Posts by John Luciano
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2015, 09:17 PM
Find More Posts by rocketsled666
If it flies, I can crash it.
Joined May 2012
1,034 Posts
Get yourself a Blade Nano FPV and fly it inside and when you can do that you'll find it easy to do outside with something bigger. Particularly, under and around tables and chairs can be very challenging.

Also, IMO Goggles are superior to a monitor for FPV, particularly racing or flying "close quarters". More immersive.
rocketsled666 is online now Find More Posts by rocketsled666
Old Aug 29, 2015, 09:28 PM
Find More Posts by papabatman
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
11,058 Posts
i too learned on a tv. there is a trick to it first take off LOS get some altitude. then make sure you know where your out fly for a few seconds then look at your plane go back and forth. soon you will get it it could take days and days doing this over and over again tell you have it down. hope this helps
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:05 PM
Find More Posts by John Luciano
United States, CT, Kent
Joined Nov 2009
963 Posts
Looked at this. Don't understand. BNF. If you have your own tran. What transmitter. Looks like operated by cell phone ... How.
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_231466.html
Going to go to a large soccer field tomorrow and try it. Thank u. I have been flying LOS and glancing at screen. Very hard not to look up.
John Luciano is online now Find More Posts by John Luciano
Old Aug 29, 2015, 10:29 PM
Find More Posts by papabatman
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
11,058 Posts
i know. but you will get the hang of it
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman