Find More Posts by MrSatoV
Trying to make sense of it all
Japan, Kanagawa Prefecture, Yokohama
Joined Oct 2009
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
Ok see below.

How to fix reset problem on multiwii flysky board permanently .

I used from ebay the smallest DC booster(0.8V-5V) I could find .It is small and weight less.Remove the 0.1inch pin header and solder instead small wires.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/mini-dc-dc-C...item3f44a47de9
But you can use any 5V booster.
Very easy.... right?
That certainly seems doable. One thing... I already have two boosters (http://goo.gl/Ttcy7o). They are 1v - 5v. Is that OK? They are bigger, but if they work, I'll look for something really small, or order the one you linked to.
I was wondering if something like this wouldn't work instead: http://goo.gl/zCgspo Seems like that would be the simplest, smallest, and lightest solution.

Also, separate topic... I was looking into building a few of the RX modules for other builds. It's a little confusing as to which is which. The one on the FC Hasi sells is what I want. It's great! In addition to pointing out which one (parts list, instructions), is there anything it wouldn't do in order to use it to connect to, say, a CC3D/atom? Seems like since it's PPM it could use all of my 6 channels, so I can't imagine why not. The only other RX I can find commercially is HUGE! Stupid. I can't imagine why a DIYer can make such a smaller board and not them. Do you know? Even if range is an issue, they could use regular antennas instead of the pcb kind and that should fix the issue. So far I have no problem with range on it anyway.
MrSatoV is online now Find More Posts by MrSatoV
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2015, 01:33 AM
Find More Posts by midelic
Joined Apr 2012
4,843 Posts
Any 5V DC booster will work.How ever the second must be integrated in a setup with inductor caps aso check its data sheet for typical diagram..
The multiwii Flysky integrated (Hasi sold)it uses XL7105-CL, Rf module directly NO PPM involved.
At this moment if you want to connect the RX with other FC(naze32,CC3D)and need small size factor you need to build one of my other setup...which outputs PPM. and weight is in 2-3 grams.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2325483
With proper antenna the range is similar with commercial one.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
Last edited by midelic; Jul 10, 2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 07:36 AM
Joined Oct 2009
762 Posts
Quote:
Any 5V DC booster will work.How ever the second must be integrated in a setup with inductor caps aso check its data sheet for typical diagram..
The multiwii Flysky integrated (Hasi sold)it uses XL7105-CL, Rf module directly NO PPM involved.
At this moment if you want to connect the RX with other FC(naze32,CC3D)and need small size factor you need to build one of my other setup...which outputs PPM. and weight is in 2-3 grams.

With proper antenna the range is similar with commercial one.
So basically, nothing gained by using that regulator. I'll just try what I have then.

Thanks for the link too!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 07:49 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,843 Posts
There is nothing fancy here..the current drawn is small(20-40mA) so no need special booster chip.On my new multiwii flysky board version I provide the NCP1402 booster chip(I can find cheaper on ebay) directly on the multiwii board(not external).

Old Jul 10, 2015, 07:58 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,843 Posts
You ca use atm the booster you have just for test,In the future buy that smaller one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/mini-dc-dc-C...de9&rmvSB=true
It is very small(10x11mm).I have 2 installed on my version 1 boards.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by jhitesma
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Mar 2009
325 Posts
Just thought I'd share that I gave the RX's I made a bit of a torture test last weekend by flying my hex and quad with them at Flite Test's flite fest on Friday and Saturday. I was a little nervous given how many pilots were flying at once and flysky not exactly being known for great signal integrity in the best of conditions. Plus I'm still using the stock board trace antennas on my modules.

But they did great! My hot pink quad with a homemade Tau Labs FlyingF4 and homemade RX got a lot of interest since no one recognized the discovery F4 board on top of it (and those who did wanted to know what I was running on it.)

I even got brave and tried to blend some foam by putting the quad up into combat. I may have had a bit of a link issue during combat. Still not sure if it was my pack sagging after too much full throttle chasing planes around or if it was the link but something just didn't feel right anymore and I had to crash it before it came into the crowd as I didn't have 100% control anymore. I still tend to think it was my battery but there were a lot of DSM2 people complaining about link lockouts which got me thinking it could have been RF related. With that many planes in the sky I can see it being an issue.

Other than that the RX's did great in a tough environment! I still need to find time to finish testing the RSSI version. Just been really busy since it was posted a few months ago
jhitesma is online now Find More Posts by jhitesma
Old Jul 15, 2015, 01:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,843 Posts
Thanks for sharing this .I'm glad you were able to test the rx in a tough environment.I would be more happy if you install a small dipole antenna. on the XL7105 board.
A small dipole antenna is easy to make and it will improve reception.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=128
Old Jul 15, 2015, 06:39 PM
Find More Posts by jhitesma
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Mar 2009
325 Posts
I've been meaning to add a better antenna, I've been building my own antennas for over 25 years (though mostly HF/VHF) so it doesn't scare me in the least

I've just had very little time for my hobbies lately and for the flying I normally do the stock antenna as bad as it is has been just fine - so antenna improvement is pretty low on my priority list.

Before the next time I get a chance to torture test like that I'll try to make the time for sure though!
jhitesma is online now Find More Posts by jhitesma
Old Aug 20, 2015, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by ampex_fhm
Joined Aug 2015
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,

seeing that this thread is packed with flysky experts, I have a question:

Cleanflight recently started supporting the serial (I-Bus) control outputs of flysky receivers. Seing that the receivers also support a backchannel to the remote, it got me thinking if an frsky-esque telemetry stream would be possible.

Unfortunately, there is no information whatsoever on the i-bus sensor protocol on the web or elsewhere. Does anyone of you know how the flysky sensor i-bus protocol works or can forward me to some other resources?

Thanks a ton!

aMpeX_fhm
ampex_fhm is offline Find More Posts by ampex_fhm
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:08 PM
Joined Oct 2009
762 Posts
Ooooh, you definitely peaked my interest! I've been wondering if I was going to have to get a Devo7e to get SBUS. And wondering what, if anything was taking advantage of iBUS. This could be the best news ever! I use the RX that has PPM and iBUS on it. In theory, both SBUS and iBUS are MUCH faster than PPM. Do you know if OneShot is supported when using iBUS?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 08:41 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,843 Posts
Did you make your board work ?
You didn't say anything.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:07 PM
Joined Oct 2009
762 Posts
Quote:
Did you make your board work ?
You didn't say anything.
Eh? Oh, I thought I even posted a video! LOL Yes, I did, and it works. Just thrust sucks. I'm not sure if that's the motors, battery, weight, or just settings in MultiWii, I haven't connected to it again yet. It's also just in rate/acro mode - even though I could have sworn I set my 3 position switch to have it. :-\ Not an issue really since practicing with this in rate/acro was what I wanted in the first place. Now I'm forced to. LOL

I still have to replace the fet(s) though. The effects can be seen in the video.

test flight of the Carbon Micro H from Micro Motor Warehouse (5 min 13 sec)

And let me say a big THANK YOU to you and HASI for making this possible!