Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:23 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
Andre6553's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
One min climbing can be very high i once watch my copter climbing full throtle up and in about 30 to 40 sec i lost it through the clouds.
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:26 PM
RTF copters maker
maximus-rc's Avatar
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,185 Posts
only 40m high...but fully loaded with 5DMKIII
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:12 AM
Multirotoriste
France, IdF, Montesson
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
the system will automatically capture home position when enough satellites are locked, the process takes a bit of time after you connect the battery. You can also override the home position by clicking on the home position button in the GCS, the system will then record the updated position as the new home position.
Ok thanck
laverre is offline Find More Posts by laverre
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:04 PM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
193 Posts
Has any one tried Gimbal stabilization with zero UAV ?

If yes how did u power ur gimbal servo on board or BEC
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:03 PM
Registered User
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthtguru View Post
Has any one tried Gimbal stabilization with zero UAV ?

If yes how did u power ur gimbal servo on board or BEC
Ubec for servos
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:14 PM
MULTIROTOR FREAK
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Aug 2011
193 Posts
do u use a Y cable to power the gimbal and giving one signal and ground to the controller.

Can post a small video how the gimbal behaves with YS because my servos do not even move when connected to gimbal
hemanthtguru is offline Find More Posts by hemanthtguru
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:53 PM
Registered User
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthtguru View Post
do u use a Y cable to power the gimbal and giving one signal and ground to the controller.

Can post a small video how the gimbal behaves with YS because my servos do not even move when connected to gimbal
I use a y for power only and run signal lines for each servo from the controller.
Here is a cut from a trial run, my roll servo is twiching a little so I'll have to reduce that setting next time before I fly again and the roll axis is off a bit. It is a really crappy gimbal (STO S550), I've learned you get what yo pay for.
Today's test (2 min 17 sec)
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:06 AM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
Andre6553's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Have you check out the new gopro hero3?

Very intresting specs can record up to 120fps
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:07 PM
Registered User
mlebret's Avatar
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
273 Posts
Nexus 7 - Android 4.12

Is somebody use this tablet to control YS-X6.

I had one and cannot get the parameters from the AutoPilot.

Data, Map and settings access is OK but when I'm in the Parameter screen, when I hit the Get button, all parameters stay at Zero except the latest four (Receiver type, etc...).

Is it a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help,

Marc
mlebret is offline Find More Posts by mlebret
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w2hef View Post
I bought my system from UAV... AUS.... and they have responded to help.. i must be the only guy that's having problems... dam.
Your not Robinson Caruso mate. The system is crap really for the big price tag. The user guide is garbage.
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:49 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
I disagree with you. I'm based in Australia and I've been one of the first people to start using the ys-x6 system from Zero.

I was previously using a DJI WKM and I can say with 100% confidence, the YS-X6 system is much more accurate, and much more robust.

You're right however in the fact that it doesn't have nearly the documentation it needs. This is all new technology here, and we're all on the forefront of it all. There are going to be bugs and there will be missing documentation. It's just the name of the game. If you want a system that works right out of the box with excellent English documentation, go get yourself an AR Drone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyTBK View Post
Your not Robinson Caruso mate. The system is crap really for the big price tag. The user guide is garbage.
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
290 Posts
I have been trying to calibrate this thing all day using the PC GCS software.
1 connected through Wifi and reading the YS-X6 all good.
2 click "Init setup" Flight mode reads "Settings"
3 click "Channel Alignment" move all the sticks and 3 way switches.
4 click "Quit Init Setup"

I never get the neutral stick potions to read MP. Throttle is from 7-90 so ok. R/A/E never read L40-R40. They are all over the place.

Now is the "Manual Servo Position" the RX? And the "Realtime Servo Position" the output? I assume they are? If so why call it Servo for the RX? . Stupid!

So what am I doing wrong to not get the proper calibration?
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Last edited by SkippyTBK; Oct 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 12:02 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
I disagree with you. I'm based in Australia and I've been one of the first people to start using the ys-x6 system from Zero.

I was previously using a DJI WKM and I can say with 100% confidence, the YS-X6 system is much more accurate, and much more robust.

You're right however in the fact that it doesn't have nearly the documentation it needs. This is all new technology here, and we're all on the forefront of it all. There are going to be bugs and there will be missing documentation. It's just the name of the game. If you want a system that works right out of the box with excellent English documentation, go get yourself an AR Drone.
Im Australian as well but I live in Asia. You are very wrong mate. They promote this as an out of box plug in and ready to go system. Not a DIY or opensource project. With the way-points etc it expense kit so we should not have to be drawling for days on this forum to get it to work. I have 4 other multirotor copters with openpilot and APM and these are much easier to setup. I bought this system for mate who is not to technical and thought it would be easier for him to manage. But it is actual worse. Dont give me that we are on the cutting edge excuses because writing out a decent user manual is not cutting edge. Its a MINIMUM requirement at least for a high cost item. Just go back over this forum and look at the many difficulties people have to get it to work. Its not easy at all.
SkippyTBK is offline Find More Posts by SkippyTBK
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:06 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
49 Posts
ext3 port - camera?

I am using the SBUS system - trying to get the ext3/3 port on the ys-x6 to use for a camera trigger. Have a s-led/optical trigger cord plugged in to the ext3 port, and tried assigning a 3 way switch to operate the trigger, but when I do its shifting the roll axis on my gimbal.. ( No idea why since the roll is plugged into a completely different channel and switch) Anyone have any ideas? Everything works perfectly otherwise with the av200 gimbal for auto horizon/tilt..

also - I am using the Futaba R6203SB RX - sbus to ys-x6 .. can one of the 3 extra channels be used for a trigger outside of sbus/ ys-x6 controller itself with the Super T8FG tx?
squamish_chief is offline Find More Posts by squamish_chief
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:21 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyTBK View Post
I have been trying to calibrate this thing all day using the PC GCS software.
1 connected through Wifi and reading the YS-X6 all good.
2 click "Init setup" Flight mode reads "Settings"
3 click "Channel Alignment" move all the sticks and 3 way switches.
4 click "Quit Init Setup"

I never get the neutral stick potions to read MP. Throttle is from 7-90 so ok. R/A/E never read L40-R40. They are all over the place.

Now is the "Manual Servo Position" the RX? And the "Realtime Servo Position" the output? I assume they are? If so why call it Servo for the RX? . Stupid!

So what am I doing wrong to not get the proper calibration?
I have mentioned this before, but I will mention it again. Go to my website and download my Tips document. http://multirotor.co.za/?page_id=964 I have sold a lot of these systems and not one person I have sold it to has had problems setting it up. I suggest that you use the android GCS to set it up. It is best if you use the "Install Guide" on the Android GCS as this takes you step by step through the procedure.

We haven't seen pics of your setup yet. Just 2 things: Do not use the sponge under the IMU and do not locate the IMU under the Main Controller.

Cheers
Rob

Edit:

Below are the steps out of the Install Guide:

Start Install

Check Data is connected. If connected click next

Step 1 : Please press the button "Channel Alignment" and confirm it, and then push/pull all pole positions of the RC Tx to the maximum and minimum of the leftmost/rightmost within 5 seconds. After 5 seconds the AP will finish the auto collection. Please confirm whether the manual operation and real RC operation displayed in "Data Interface" keep coincidency when moving any operating level. Only go to the next step after confirming that they are coincident.

Step 2: Check CH5/CH6 and set FS

Please carefully confirm whether the CH5/CH6 channel is correct: check whether the flight status bar on the GCS interface is switched to "Manual" "Circle Position" "Auto waypoint circling" and "back Landing" when moving CH5/CH6.
Set the FS of RC Tx as CH5=position 3, Channel 6: position 3, Thr is near the middle position and check whther the flight status is "Back Landing" by powering off the RC Tx.

Step 3: ESC stroke calibration

Please get into the settings first (Flight status displays "Settings", break the pole as V shaped to open throttle insurance and push the THR pole position to the maximum within 5 seconds, power on the ESC after completing above operation. Pull the throttle pole back to minimum after a prompt sound from the ESC. After completing the ESC stroke calibration please exit the settings, and get into next step.

Step 4: Set craft styles and parameters

Please read the user manual carefully, fill in correct parameters and recheck it. Push the throttle after breaking the pole and check whether the mixing control method is correct after starting the motors

Step 5: Check the installing directions of the IMU/GPS

Step 6: Complete magnetic calibration in outdoor space
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Oct 20, 2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Added Install Guide Steps
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product DJI WooKong-M Autopilot System for multirotors **Owners Thread** DJI INNOVATIONS Multirotor Electronics 19929 Yesterday 12:04 AM
Discussion Zero UAV YS-X6 Owners Thread and Discussion fajar Multirotor Electronics 2401 Jul 05, 2014 02:34 AM
New Product Test video of YS-X6 Autopilot system pzhang Multirotor Talk 141 Jun 07, 2012 06:50 AM
Discussion Groupbuy for YS-X6 system fajar Australia 14 May 15, 2012 04:35 AM