HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2014, 02:46 PM
United States, OH, Bowling Green
Joined Jul 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatortom View Post
Help! I have searched and searched and I cannot find the basic external dimensions of the DPS-600PB. Perhaps I am using the wrong search terms. Are the unmodified DPS-600PB length, height and width posted somewhere in this forum or anywhere? If not, could somebody please share them? Thank you!
2 1/8" W x 3" H x 11 1/2" L Not including handles.
KFC aka Bill
Keepmfromcrashen is offline Find More Posts by Keepmfromcrashen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2014, 02:55 PM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,973 Posts
Length = 282mm
width = 55mm
Ht = 78mm

The above is just the casing, excluding the protrusions at the back and front.

chewy
chewytm is offline Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:06 PM
United States, PA, New Tripoli
Joined Sep 2010
143 Posts
Thank you! I just bought a pair of DPS-600PBs modded for 24V system. I also posed the same question about dimensions to the builder, and he replied that the pair of them post-mod for a 24V is as follows: 12"L x 5"W x 3"H. He says that the series jumper needs about 1/2" of clearance out front but it is somewhat flexible. So cool, that jives with what you all have stated. Hopefully someone else coming down the pike looking for DPS-600PB dimensions will find this thread ;-)
aviatortom is online now Find More Posts by aviatortom
Last edited by aviatortom; Jun 10, 2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old Today, 11:46 AM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Hey,
i have a problem with my DPS 600 PSU. I bought one and did not open it first, i just soldered plugs in front of the PSU and built a plug to power on the PSU out of servo-leads. Worked without any problem, 206B charging 6S Li-Po with 10A was no problem!

But then i decided to open it, because i wanted to have a look inside to maybe solder the wires internally. I closed the PSU without any modification (realized my soldering bolt was broken) but removed the "springs" on the outside (the 4 metal bands on each site of the PSU) and the "eject-plug" so it was nice and clean on the outside.
Now the PSU still starts but when i put load to the PSU, it becomes unstable, goes under 10V and dies. I trief my 206B with 1A, the voltage goes below 10V and the 206B shuts off. I don't know what i've done to the PSU, it worked perfectly well before opening it. I just opened it, closed it, removed the springs on the outside and now it dies with just 1A of charging. I tried different PSU on the charger without problems, so it has to be a problem of the DPS 600 PSU.
Any help?
(sorry for bad english)
Raddi is online now Find More Posts by Raddi
Old Today, 03:39 PM
United States, MA
Joined Jan 2011
1,105 Posts
What is the output voltage from the PS with no load?
RedOctobyr is online now Find More Posts by RedOctobyr
Old Today, 07:13 PM
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
12.45 Volts. I tried some other chargers with 50W, but same result, couple of seconds and they give low input error or they shut down because of the low voltage from the psu, it looks like it can't handle any load anymore...but i don't know why
Raddi is online now Find More Posts by Raddi