HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 28, 2011, 07:58 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
United States, TX, Garland
Joined May 2005
3,333 Posts
Cool
Ultimate Wicked powered Tigershark

This will be as far as it goes,I doubt I can get it to fly faster than this one should.860watts with very high Eflux.I cleaned up all the lines,no seams,everything was filed in with spackle and sanded.Tail cone was notched and closed up exhaust and then sanded down to a point.Sounds mean just running it up in the house,all I really hear is the whoosh of air being sucked into fan....Joe
fh64_lucky is offline Find More Posts by fh64_lucky
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2011, 09:39 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,940 Posts
Joe,

It looks awesome! Can't wait to see some video of it! I can tell you that you currently have the fastest Wicked powered aircraft in the world on your previous Tigershark.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2011, 12:33 AM
United States, CA, Santee
Joined Aug 2010
44 Posts
power plant

can you give me the particulars on the power plant you are using in this plane? i have tried finding the right combination of don's components but must have missed something. your help is appreciated, i have one on order (delta shark)--should be here 4-6-11.
fatboylast is online now Find More Posts by fatboylast
Old Apr 03, 2011, 01:47 PM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,333 Posts
I got a test flight done yesterday but my video camera died when my buddie started to take the videoAll I can say is "wow!"I wont speculate on the speed or how quiet it was up there but it is the fastest TS I have setup.Check with Don,he can point ya in right direction as to what we are using in this one.Its one of his newer setups,At this point with 2 flights on it now,everything checks out great so far,next weekend I will get video and we can see how fast its flying,I will say its better than 130mph to be safe...Joe
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2011, 01:57 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,940 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboylast View Post
can you give me the particulars on the power plant you are using in this plane? i have tried finding the right combination of don's components but must have missed something. your help is appreciated, i have one on order (delta shark)--should be here 4-6-11.
It is the Wicked 60mm fan unit (5 blade rotor) and a new special high KV wind motor, I have few extra of these special winds if you are interested in trying one out. This setup will need a 60 amp ESC as it is in the 850 watt range. If you do not want that much power the Wicked 4400+ or 4000 will be a nice setup as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 04, 2011, 06:56 PM
United States, CA, Santee
Joined Aug 2010
44 Posts
delta shark

don, the stock delta evidently comes with a 64mm fan. your last post you said 60, is that correct? if that's the case, what is a good way to pad around it to fit in place of the 64mm?
fatboylast is online now Find More Posts by fatboylast
Old Apr 17, 2011, 11:52 AM
Ginger or MaryAnn ??
Joined May 2005
3,333 Posts
Here is the video....

Don,this battery has served me well in the shark all last year,It was the only one that still has some punch in it,but I imagine with a better(new)battery,this thing will go faster yet,but listen to that sound!!!!What a sweet power setup!!Thanks agian,Joe
Dons Wicked Tigershark II.MOV (2 min 27 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:31 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,940 Posts
This one is hard to doppler as it is very quiet. I was getting like 135 mph downwind and about 115 upwind for about 125 mph average. That is a nice speed but seems low to me for that setup I sent you. What is the outlet diameter on that setup?
RCG Plus Member