New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2015, 07:33 PM
Find More Posts by flightpunch34
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
2,081 Posts
Hahaha pat,that was funny...... sounds like an awesome location to get a vid,with gators snapping at the heli :P
flightpunch34 is offline Find More Posts by flightpunch34
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:12 AM
Find More Posts by Border Lord
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00fman View Post
When the play between the radial bearings and the grip is excessive i tend to run a strip of kapton tape over the bearing OD with decent results.
Hi Sp00f (any better?)

Got some Kapton tape to try your idea, but I have run into a snag.
The hole where the bearing fits is oversize, but still tight when you first slide the bearing in where the blades bolt on.
Tried but cannot keep the tape in place as I slide the bearing in.

Any ideas? Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Jeff
Border Lord is offline Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Apr 28, 2015, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by sp00fman
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,522 Posts
It is indeed a bit fiddly sometimes.

Remove or bevel the sharp edge where the bearing needs to enter if there is a noticeable step. Letting the tape overhang slightly before inserting is ok. Dont use to much tape. thickness adds quickly. Also degrease the bearing OD very well before sticking the tape on.
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:04 AM
Find More Posts by Black_Angel
Joined Jan 2015
184 Posts
My stretched BA 450 got another delay...HK send me a new YEP 40 esc, who also was defectjust as the fist one who just get hot and had no bec at all. On the second and the bec burned my RX.. 2 out of 2 bad ithems. Where is the quality control?

Im notice that im ignored in the HK tread of Rob ( i posted same comment there), and there is also no reply on my 2 emails to hobbyking support. Thats ok for me i can just buy a new esc from a company who care to reply their customers, and i will think twice before buy any kind of electronic from HK again. If any company had acted like this in scandinavia wher im from you got coverage in tv and newspaper for that. Its not good to ignore paying customers just so you can runaway with a few $$ becouse they cant be responsible for the quality of the product in their own name. From now i see both hk electronic and hk customer sercice, and hk business moral as low end

BA
Black_Angel is offline Find More Posts by Black_Angel
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:38 AM
Find More Posts by pdooley
You can call me Pat
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Dec 2013
1,188 Posts
I have YEP ESC's in 40,45,90 and 100A. They all work perfect. I have purchased a truckload of electronics from HK and never had any problems except with some dirt cheap servos.
Rob gave me a full refund on those and paid return shipping. I couldn't be more happy with HK.
Look at it from a business perspective- you're a new customer buying one of their most reliable products and you had trouble with 2 in row? They probably suspect you did something wrong and they are losing money on you. You may be perfectly right and did nothing wrong but they don't know that.
It's just a bad situation. Hopefully it works out for you.
pdooley is offline Find More Posts by pdooley
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:59 AM
Joined Jan 2015
184 Posts
Well your really wrong.. im maybe quite new on helicopters,,even im on my third built now, But i flied since 2001 ....elecro and soaring competitions with hi end models just under 4 meters wingspan and 6 servoes etc etc, so im not a new customer with hobbyking. and for shure i know how to connect a esc to a motor , esc, and rx, and if i had not know i has research it to find out how to do it..before do any stupid mistakes.

If ithem 1 was bad..and they just sent out ithem 2 from same batch i would not be surpriced if its a bad procuction line in stoch there or something. But if they had cared to test item 2 before sending it out they saved both me and them time and money.

I also do not like the attitude some have to just try wait you out so you get tired of waiting or tired of complaining. Serious companies replies tgeir customers. Today after 1 week or so i get a reply after do some complains here on RCG.

PS im happy for you if the Yep esc is good for you..for me its a low end product i will not waste any more time on. I use hobbywing esc on my other 450 and had no issues and think its great....so im going for hobbywing again.

BA
Last edited by Black_Angel; Apr 29, 2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:17 PM
Find More Posts by pdooley
You can call me Pat
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Dec 2013
1,188 Posts
ok, my mistake, judging by your previous posts you seemed to be new. sorry for the assumption.
i have a hobbywing 50A plat ESC, works great, just like my YEP's.
pdooley is offline Find More Posts by pdooley
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:30 PM
Joined Jan 2015
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdooley View Post
ok, my mistake, judging by your previous posts you seemed to be new. sorry for the assumption.
i have a hobbywing 50A plat ESC, works great, just like my YEP's.

New on helicopter yes... I used to be active memder in scandinavias leading electro and soaring club..So my knowledge and skills are on soaring and termik...but i alwais had a heart for helicopters. I buyed a huge Mikado Logo around 12 years ago, but it never even started it up, becouse i had no skills on it....and all of us was flying sailplanes. So it ended up in my storage unused...unstarted. Ther was not much internet that time..

Now i found all help and info i need for helis online...now i have 5 of them already: v911, v913, Copterx BA450, Copterx BA 450 stretched, Align 500E DFC

Just for the info: HobbyKingCSNYC (rob) solved my HK issue and refunded My Esc, Yep Card, Rx and shipping...

BA
Last edited by Black_Angel; Apr 29, 2015 at 01:20 PM. Reason: 12 years...not 20
Old May 02, 2015, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by VelocityRC
If it Works, You Better Fix It
North Idaho
Joined Feb 2011
865 Posts
I have noticed a potential problem using a standard 3mm nylock on the blade grip bolt with the Tarot grips with the replaceable arms such as the DFC and split lock 3G head. I had one come loose and I noticed the bolt is a bit short of full engagement into the nylon. I have grip bolts from various MFGs, Align, Tarot and some others shoulder bolts. I prefer to have a shoulder bolt as opposed to a fully threaded one ground to length.

Axial makes a 3mm x 3mm thin steel nylock that provided full thread engagement into the nylon.

P# AXA1052 $2.50 for 10.

You folks with Tarot heads might want to check yours, just looking out for everyone, it's a potential problem. FWIW

Bill S.
VelocityRC is offline Find More Posts by VelocityRC