|Today, 12:56 PM|
Joined Sep 2014
Phoenix RC5 best settings for Radian glider?
I am completely new to RC and flying and have a Parkzone Radian. I want to gain as much experience as possible on the simulator before my first real flight. I have Phoenix RC5 and have heard that the stock settings need some adjustment to get it to behave more like the real thing.
I have seen the alternative settings (below) posted before somewhere, but they do not seem to translate to Phoenix RC5 so easily. Some match, but others are confusing for a novice like me.
I think these settings maybe for an older version of Phoenix, as RC5 has more options. If anyone can translate these to RC5 for me or recommend any other settings to make the experience as close as possible to the real thing, I would really appreciate.
Now updated for V3.0
1. Frontal centre of gravity = 0.039 m (0.128 ft)
2. Vertical centre of gravity = 0.00 m (0.00 ft)
3. Yaw Inertia = 0.12
4. Roll Inertia = 0.05
5. Frontal drag area = 0.002 m2 (0.0215 sq ft)
6. Yaw Damping 15.0
7. [Robustness] = [Something less than 100%].......don't know exactly what though! Stock setting though you can fully nose the thing into the ground on the simulator and not break which is not realistic. Users set at their discretion.
1. Thrust to Weight = 1.1
2. Thrust down offset angle = 0.84 degrees
3. Handlaunch speed = 10.0 m/s (22.0 mph)
1. Wingspan = 2.00 m (6.56 ft)
2. Dihedral = 2.0 deg
3. Wing root airfoil = NACA 2209
4. Wing tip airfoil = NACA 2209
1. Tail Distance = 0.7 m (2.30 ft)
2. Elevator Area = 0.013 m2 (0.140 sq ft)
3. Fin Area = 0.013 m2 (0.140 sq ft)
4. Fin Height = 0.10 m (0.33 ft)
5. Rudder Travel = 24 deg
6. Rudder Area = 0.018 m2 (0.194 sq ft)
7. Flap Travel = 0 deg
8. Swap Rudder -> Aileron Channel = Checked
1. Frontal gear friction = 0.0001 (Doesn't seem to do much though........still doesn't slide on belly very well)
2. Guide wheel travel = 0 deg
Rudder -> Roll Coupling = 110.0
Engine Type = Medium Electric
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Question||Best failsafe settings for electric glider||alexreeves||Electric Sailplanes||10||May 21, 2014 05:57 PM|
|Wanted||Set of three radians for cs360||young_version||Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W)||0||Nov 15, 2013 10:19 AM|
|Discussion||Looking for E-flite UMX Gee Bee (and other UM BNF plane) settings in Phoenix 4.0||Altbob||Simulators||0||Sep 25, 2013 01:44 PM|
|Poll||Best beginner glider? and best battery for a Radian?||fly2bob||Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric)||60||Sep 03, 2011 10:31 AM|
|Discussion||Best settings for Neu 1105 w/ Phoenix ESC||adamg||NeuMotors||1||Jun 15, 2006 08:49 AM|