SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 07, 2014, 12:52 AM
Joined Mar 2014
4 Posts
Discussion
Can I link one Rx to 2 different transmitters

Hi,

I have 2 radios: Aurora 9x and I recently picked up a used Eclipse 7 Pro (for buddy boxing with my son).

I have a couple of planes setup on 9x (both have Optima 7 rx) and I wanted to test the Eclipse 7 to make sure it works properly. So if I have Optima 7 linked to A9x already and I go ahead and link this same Optima 7 to Eclipse 7 pro, would it keep the link and setting for A9x or it would loose that link? I guess the link should stay.

Also I started reading about setting up the training mode. I want to use A9x as master and E7 as slave. Do I need to setup E7 as independent transmitter to match all settings (trim, dual rates, expos, maybe mixes) with A9x before I start using E7 in slave mode? I still need to get Hitec 58320 cable to connect them.
jellysat524 is offline Find More Posts by jellysat524
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:56 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Buddy Aurora 9X with Eclipse 7 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysat524 View Post
Hi,
I have 2 radios: Aurora 9x and I recently picked up a used Eclipse 7 Pro (for buddy boxing with my son).
I have a couple of planes setup on 9x (both have Optima 7 rx) and I wanted to test the Eclipse 7 to make sure it works properly.
So if I have Optima 7 linked to A9x already and I go ahead and link this same Optima 7 to Eclipse 7 pro,
would it keep the link and setting for A9x or it would loose that link? I guess the link should stay.
Also I started reading about setting up the training mode. I want to use A9x as master and E7 as slave.
Do I need to setup E7 as independent transmitter to match all settings (trim, dual rates, expos,
maybe mixes) with A9x before I start using E7 in slave mode? I still need to get Hitec 58320 cable to connect them.
1. No, unfortunately neither the A9X nor the Eclipse 7 Pro have modules.
(The module of an Aurora 9 can be swapped with that of an Optic 6 or Eclipse 7 so user did not have to relink each time.)

2. Yes, please refer to:
. Aurora 9 - Transfer Model Memory from Eclipse 7, Optic 6, Flash 4&5 and others
. Hitec Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. - & Data Transfer A9<>A9 etc.
- Also covers Eclipse 7 Pro & other Hitec RCD transmitters.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9 X AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

See also sub Section "Trainer (Buddy box) cables - DIY " under
"Buddy Boxes, Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Mar 07, 2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Old Mar 08, 2014, 01:28 PM
Joined Mar 2014
4 Posts
Thank you so much.

Speaking of re-linking with A9x and E7Pro, would I loose all settings for a specific saved model if I loose a link to corresponding rx? E.g. if I link to E7Pro and then relink back to A9x would I be able to choose which model this Rx link corresponds to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
1. No, unfortunately neither the A9X nor the Eclipse 7 Pro have modules.
(The module of an Aurora 9 can be swapped with that of an Optic 6 or Eclipse 7 so user did not have to relink each time.)

2. Yes, please refer to:
. Aurora 9 - Transfer Model Memory from Eclipse 7, Optic 6, Flash 4&5 and others
. Hitec Aurora 9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up. - & Data Transfer A9<>A9 etc.
- Also covers Eclipse 7 Pro & other Hitec RCD transmitters.

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, 9 X AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

See also sub Section "Trainer (Buddy box) cables - DIY " under
"Buddy Boxes, Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 01:46 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Thank you so much.
Speaking of re-linking with A9x and E7Pro, would I loose all settings for a specific saved model if I loose a link to corresponding rx?
E.g. if I link to E7Pro and then relink back to A9x would I be able to choose which model this Rx link corresponds to?
The settings for each model remain unchanged when swapping receivers, simply re-do the ID-Setup each time.
Range check, as always before first flight of the day, and go fly.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old Mar 08, 2014, 02:01 PM
Joined Mar 2014
4 Posts
Ok thanks A.T.

If I want to set up A9x as master (which is already programmed for a model) and E7pro as slave, do you I set up E7pro while it is in slave mode via cable or I should set it up independently first and save all settings under a model name and then correct them (if needed) in slave mode?

Also, if I setup a model in slave mode on E7pro from scratch, would I be able to save all settings under specific model name? (I'm planning to use it as slave tx for more than one model). I just don't understand how you would choose a model on E7pro in slave mode since Tx turns on automatically with training cable inserted and doesn't look like you can get into model select menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
The settings for each model remain unchanged when swapping receivers, simply re-do the ID-Setup each time.
Range check, as always before first flight of the day, and go fly.

Alan T.
Old Mar 08, 2014, 04:32 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Ok thanks A.T.
If I want to set up A9x as master (which is already programmed for a model) and E7pro as slave,
do you I set up E7pro while it is in slave mode via cable or I should set it up independently first and save
all settings under a model name and then correct them (if needed) in slave mode?
Also, if I setup a model in slave mode on E7pro from scratch, would I be able to save all settings under
specific model name? (I'm planning to use it as slave tx for more than one model).
I just don't understand how you would choose a model on E7pro in slave mode since Tx turns on automatically
with training cable inserted and doesn't look like you can get into model select menu.
Only one model can be flown at a time, no need to access Model Select or Telemetry screens once cable is inserted.
However, should a mistake have been made during initial programming for the selected trainer model,
user can still access programmable features such as Reverse & Trims for that model

Alan T.