HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 12, 2013, 02:21 PM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
Discussion
Indy Admirals Spring Fling Wind Powered Fun Run - May 11th!

The Indy Admirals are hosting their annual "Spring Fling" event on May 11th. Its an open day of sailing on a gorgeous 9-acre lake in Avon, Indiana. The Town of Avon invited us to come sail that day because they are doing a Relay for Life event and thought we would be a great addition.

Here's a link to a .PDF version of the flyer: http://www.indyhobbies.com/SpringFli...s2013Final.pdf

Should be a fun day! If you've got something unique that you rarely get a chance to sail, this is your venue. Our club does monthly competitive regattas, and those guys will be there too, but just tuning. If you have questions, please PM me.

Its a free day. If you wish to make a donation to the American Cancer Society, that is of course welcomed.

Our club website is: http://www.indyadmirals.org

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/indyadmirals
HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:30 PM
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
Wanted to add some photos of the venue and past events we've held there.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 02:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
620 Posts
I love the bottom statement on the flyer..."If it sails, bring it"

Thats the way to do it!
dobydog6507 is offline Find More Posts by dobydog6507
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:26 PM
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
Thanks! This all started with us asking some club members why they didn't sail in the regattas we have. The answer was that their sailboats didn't fit the classes. Well, it turns out many members have sailboats in our club that they don't bring out for that reason, and because they felt like the monthly regattas were "too competitive" and not relaxing. I get that because I've often felt that way my self. My favorite sailing is just me, a steady breeze and clear thoughts. Very relaxing...
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:17 AM
Joined Oct 2011
620 Posts
Your clubs outlook needs to be adapted by more clubs....it gets more people out on the water.

Wish I was closer.
dobydog6507 is offline Find More Posts by dobydog6507
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:36 PM
Joined Apr 2006
987 Posts
Its a really good bunch of guys. I think I enjoy their camraderie more than the boats sometimes. Sure, there's a couple of guys that can be grumpy at times, but not too much. I credit a lot of the quality of the club being due to having many veterans and those of an older generation too. Always great stories and humility. Does that make sense? If not, its hard to explain.