SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:47 AM
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
Discussion
V911 Aileron Trim probs

Hello all,

I recieved my V911 which is a beaut to fly.
Prob i have is that it wanders to the right. I took it all apart to make sure the servo rods were equal length. I also made sure everything was finger tight, no loose screws or anything.

Took it up and the same thing. So I have to have the aileron trim maximum to the left. This shouldnt be the case so that it hovers is it?
JJ1984 is offline Find More Posts by JJ1984
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:24 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,185 Posts
Servo length doesn't have to be equal. The thing about the v911 swashplate is that it's offset by 45 degrees. One servo is for aeleron the other is for elevator, there is no mixing involved. So just unhook the servo that controls elevator and resize it, ignore the other servo.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:06 AM
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
Arghh so me making them both the same size i prob have disrupted it.

What length should i make the elevator servo rod.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:24 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
4,185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1984 View Post
Arghh so me making them both the same size i prob have disrupted it.

What length should i make the elevator servo rod.
Whoops, i meant aeleron (aeleron = left/right, elevator = forward/back). Unhook the link for the left hand servo (Just wrap your finger around the link and pull it right off the ball.) turn it four times clockwise to shorten it, re-attach it to the swash, try flying it again. Just shorten it if it keeps going right, and lengthen if it keeps going left.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
Thank you. Wicked reply. Im going to give it ago tonight. Cheers
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Dec 2006
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Whoops, i meant aeleron (aeleron = left/right, elevator = forward/back). Unhook the link for the left hand servo (Just wrap your finger around the link and pull it right off the ball.) turn it four times clockwise to shorten it, re-attach it to the swash, try flying it again. Just shorten it if it keeps going right, and lengthen if it keeps going left.
I just got a v911 and binded it to my v939 transmitter. When I power up it immediately starts going to the right, fast. I'll try to figure this thing out using your suggestion. Thanks!
ichibansf is offline Find More Posts by ichibansf
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:23 AM
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
NAd yes awesome reply. It certainly works brilliantly.
I canged the heights until it takes of and hovers straight.

WHat causes the heli to start being twitchy. I have changed blades. The tail motor sometimes struggles at low power. If i power it up its ok. Makes the heli twitch and turn left or right suddenly.