HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:22 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post
You don't trust our government? Really?

Have you been to other countries? Have you seen what they have for infrastructure?

Spend some time in China or India and you will quickly miss our roads, power grids and especially the EPA - yes the EPA. Forget about driving 65mph and limited access highways and expect brown-outs and super expensive electricity. But the pollution is the hardest thing to get used to, it takes weeks to get used to all the pollution. If you stay in Beijing above the 12th floor you will never see the ground.

Did I mention water and sewage? That's another thing you don't miss until you leave America. The line gets blurry between the two. Municipal sewage treatment is a good thing that you take for granted until you are exposed to open sewers being the norm. And the water comes from right where the sewage pours out.

And corruption, oh my goodness, if you think the American government is corrupt you should spend some time in India, Russia and Latin America. Corruption is right in your face there. Almost every public official is fully corrupt and any dealings you have with the government is little more than a bribery shakedown. I have to explain to the Indian and Russian employees of my company that they can't bribe police officers and that it is a major crime to offer them a bribe.

I'm not trying to pick on just China, Russia and India. The same could be said for most countries outside of Canada and Northern Europe - which have huge tax rates and socialized everything.

If you don't trust America, there are plenty of other options for you that have much less regulation. Why don't you give them a try?
Please do not get me wrong. I love my country and feel blessed to be able to live here and understand completely how much better it is here than anywhere else in the world. That does not mean I do not want to make it better or think I can shirk my responsibility to provide for my family now and in the future.

My point is, our government is corrupt and lies to us everyday. Thinking Americans are making sure they are self sufficient and never relying on the government and their lies of hope and change for anything. If you do you will live in poverty because that is where they need you to be in order to control you. If you're happy with a new cell phone and $200 a week welfare then okay, this government is for you . If not, open your eyes and see the damage happening and realize it's all to get your vote, not to make America a stronger nation.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:24 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
America is 'nicer' than it was 5 or 6 years ago
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:25 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
I sincerely hope that Ryan wipes the floor with that amiable idiot,Biden. Then Romney continues to wipe the floor with Obama, in their second debate. I served my country, and traveled the world, and have seen the conditions in other countries. I for one, do not want this country following down the path of destruction Obama has put us on. I want my kid and possible grandkids growing up with a government that follows our Constitution,as written, Not by some bastardization thereof, as its seems Mr Obama wants to. Mitt may not be the be all,end all candidate we would hope for, but he has got to be a better alternative than the pure BS we have had for four years.
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:26 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
present government or inclusive of govt's from previous administrations?
I think it's pretty obvious our country has been sliding into an nation of takers for some time now. This fits perfectly into the liberal agenda of providing entitlement programs for votes. However, the current administration has accelerated our slide at an exponential rate.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:29 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
I sincerely hope that Ryan wipes the floor with that amiable idiot,Biden. Then Romney continues to wipe the floor with Obama, in their second debate. I served my country, and traveled the world, and have seen the conditions in other countries. I for one, do not want this country following down the path of destruction Obama has put us on. I want my kid and possible grandkids growing up with a government that follows our Constitution,as written, Not by some bastardization thereof, as its seems Mr Obama wants to. Mitt may not be the be all,end all candidate we would hope for, but he has got to be a better alternative than the pure BS we have had for four years.
Astonishing naivity regarding this document - 'bastardization' = 'ammendment' - did you not appreciate same
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:32 AM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Astonishing naivity regarding this document - 'bastardization' = 'ammendment' - did you not appreciate same
You missed his point ET. When you disregard the Constitution without bothering to write the amendment, you get what we have today. The Constitution was written to be followed, not ignored when it's not part of your agenda.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:32 AM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
Quote:
I see you did not read the comment or you did not understand it.

ET, your dropping cookies again.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:34 AM
Foamie Freak!
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Obama hasnt proposed any "amendments", he has only stomped on,and/or ignored content already there.....lol
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:37 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
You missed his point ET. When you disregard the Constitution without bothering to write the amendment, you get what we have today. The Constitution was written to be followed, not ignored when it's not part of your agenda.

I haven't seen ONE disregard by the Obama administration

I've see LOT's of claims of same but all erroneous and all easily dismantled by an opposing POV!
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:42 AM
Foamie Freak!
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
I will have to say this is right on the money,along with your previous comments...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:44 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
I will have to say this is right on the money,along with your previous comments...
It's right on the money with his previous - agreed!

They were wrong (like yours) too
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:47 AM
Foamie Freak!
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
It's right on the money with his previous - agreed!

They were wrong (like yours) too
Lol, ok well we agree to disagree then? So, I take it you like the direction our country has taken the last 4 years, and will vote for Senor Obama again?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:49 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Lol, ok well we agree to disagree then? So, I take it you like the direction our country has taken the last 4 years, and will vote for Senor Obama again?
I don't have a vote - I'm a Brit

Would I vote for BO if I did - yep - to keep Romney out - I'm no Obama fan!

I do like the safer world we live in - Bush took us to the brink and Romney is equally scary!

That's about where I am on this one
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:51 AM
Foamie Freak!
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
The divisiveness, the race baiting, the total opaqueness of a supposedly transparent administration, complete 180 of what he ran on? You like these things?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:51 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
The divisiveness, the race baiting, the total opaqueness of a supposedly transparent administration, complete 180 of what he ran on? You like these things?
Read my post above

I'm no Obama fan