HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:58 PM
aok
Joined Dec 2011
43 Posts
Yes, it fly nice, but it dont yaw. (rudder)
aok is offline Find More Posts by aok
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:53 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Hi everyone.. After weeks of trying to link up my pc and android thru router to my newly assembled YS-X6.. I am more and more convinced that my wifi link unit is faulty cos I simply can not get them to talk.. it is becoming frustrating but the price i paid for this feature-rich system tells me to continue trying. here is my problem:

router set-up: LAN IP: 192.168.1.1
router set to b/g only, SSID: YS-X6-11000
wireless security: WPA2-PSK-AES
password: 82890430

when I power up, I get solid blue on FC and wifi module, meaning my wifi connects to my router but no data displayed on my PC CGS and Android CGS
when i go inside the router set-up 192.168.1.1 i can see the MAC address of the wifi but in the DCHP, it is not allocated any ip address.. in turn i get no response when i ping the ip address 192.168.1.254.. but all other device connected to the router appears in the DCHP list except fopr this YS wifi unit.
i also used ip scanner software and ip 192.168.1.254 is dead..

using the serial cable thru COM3, my PC is displaying all data alright so my FC ok.

i have emailed to Peter of zerouav Tech support on procedure on hoe to reset the wifi but no reply so far.

i wish someone has the same experience here so I can finally make this operational.. the bad thing is i bought this direct from zerouav as there is no dealer/distributor right now in singapore.. anyone help please..
sgg05158 is offline Find More Posts by sgg05158
Last edited by sgg05158; Oct 29, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:18 AM
France, Centre, Orleans
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Hi Sgg05158,

Exactly the same problem as yours,... and no solution either, for 3 weeks.

My id number is 10435. I also saw that another guy had the same problem.

Pascal
Lebobob is offline Find More Posts by Lebobob
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
598 Posts
Have you guys logged into the wifi module to check if the serial number is correct?
Salocin is online now Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:33 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebobob View Post
Hi Sgg05158,

Exactly the same problem as yours,... and no solution either, for 3 weeks.

My id number is 10435. I also saw that another guy had the same problem.

Pascal
Hi pascal.. I am sure still a number of us are in the same situation.. i hope zerouav guys acknowledge that this is their wifi unit issue and send us a replacement.

i am just wondering why they never include a factory reset button.. or at least make the wifi unit be software upgradeable.. I do believe the possibility of corruption in software or program in the wifi unit.. please let me know your progress will you??

Tim
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:34 AM
Joined Aug 2012
598 Posts
1. Change the IP range on the WiFi unit.
First be sure that you have connection to the WiFi-link, easiest to use a router and your PC on the existing YS-X6-XXXXX network we have all made up. Then in your we browser, type URL as 192.168.1.254 this wil show you the login screen of the wifi link.
username and password are the same: "admin"

Once inside the wifi link, Change on the top to English for easier reading

At the top right of the screen, go to setup (3rd link accross) and then scroll down and change the local IP to your desired IP address or serial.

Re-power the wifi unit and you should be able to connect.

Any issues, remember that once changed, the wifi module will have the new address, so write it with permanent pen on the bottom of the unit so you dont forget.

Does this help?
Salocin is online now Find More Posts by Salocin
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:41 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin View Post
Have you guys logged into the wifi module to check if the serial number is correct?

Hi Salocin.. I did check the serial number of the FC using serial cable plugged thru COM3 and it is correct. is there a way to check the wifi module serial number?

Tim
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salocin View Post
1. Change the IP range on the WiFi unit.
First be sure that you have connection to the WiFi-link, easiest to use a router and your PC on the existing YS-X6-XXXXX network we have all made up. Then in your we browser, type URL as 192.168.1.254 this wil show you the login screen of the wifi link.
username and password are the same: "admin"

Once inside the wifi link, Change on the top to English for easier reading

At the top right of the screen, go to setup (3rd link accross) and then scroll down and change the local IP to your desired IP address or serial.

Re-power the wifi unit and you should be able to connect.

Any issues, remember that once changed, the wifi module will have the new address, so write it with permanent pen on the bottom of the unit so you dont forget.

Does this help?
Yeah i tried this without success.. no response when I ping the ip address 192.168.1.154.. so i can not go to the setup menu..ip scanner not able to discover this ip address.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
France, Centre, Orleans
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
Hi Salocin,

There is no response to 192.168.1.254. Same if I ping it (destination host unreachable). The number is correct, as I can see it with a network sniffer.

You can see the network on the attached thumbnail.

Pascal
Old Oct 29, 2012, 09:55 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Hi Salocin,

There is no response to 192.168.1.254. Same if I ping it (destination host unreachable). The number is correct, as I can see it with a network sniffer.

Pascal
Hi Pascal... we really have the same problem.. the MAC is appearing in the wireless list connected but not in DCHP (no ip address allocated)..

I will call to zerouav again tomorrow and hope they give a favorable response.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:24 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Hi Salocin,

Pascal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg05158 View Post
Hi Pascal... we really have the same problem.. the MAC is appearing in the wireless list connected but not in DCHP (no ip address allocated)..

I will call to zerouav again tomorrow and hope they give a favorable response.
What Routers are you using? Have you tried to put a hotspot on your tablet/phone?

If you use a TP-Link router, you won't have any problems. Some routers are a mission to use.

Mine is working. I will do IP scan later and see what comes up.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 29, 2012, 10:35 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Oct 2012
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
What Routers are you using? Have you tried to put a hotspot on your tablet/phone?

If you use a TP-Link router, you won't have any problems. Some routers are a mission to use.

Mine is working. I will do IP scan later and see what comes up.
Hi Rob.. I am using a TP link router.. i agree it is very user friendly.. i also tried using my Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and a chniese made ANdroid phone as hotspot.. same thing, wifi link locks in with solid blue LED light but no data streaming.. I also set the chinese made Android phone to static ip 192.168.1.1 but no luck..

i really hope there is a reset button on the wifi unit so at least the settings can be reset just like what every router has..
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:39 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgg05158 View Post
Hi Rob.. I am using a TP link router.. i agree it is very user friendly.. i also tried using my Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and a chniese made ANdroid phone as hotspot.. same thing, wifi link locks in with solid blue LED light but no data streaming.. I also set the chinese made Android phone to static ip 192.168.1.1 but no luck..

i really hope there is a reset button on the wifi unit so at least the settings can be reset just like what every router has..
Okay, I had my LinkSys wrt54 handy

Ok unknown 192.168.1.1 Cisco-Linksys, xx:xx:xx:xx:C6:21
Ok Rob-PC 192.168.1.103 Hon Hai Precision Ind. Co.,Ltd. xx:xx:xx:xx:FC:2D
Ok 192.168.1.254 192.168.1.254 Universal Global Scientific Industrial Co.,Ltd. xx:xx:xx:xx:F0:00

I used Advanced IP Scanner

I could not see it when I went into the connections on the router. Strange it should have showed it. Maybe they have set it up so you cannot see it if you get into the router.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Oct 29, 2012, 01:27 PM
YS-X6 Know why it crashes,blog
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Nov 2007
583 Posts
Hard reset the YS wifi module (rabbit WifiCore)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t#post23005920
Mr_westie is offline Find More Posts by Mr_westie
Old Oct 29, 2012, 02:44 PM
France, Centre, Orleans
Joined Aug 2012
12 Posts
As the module USR-WifiModII is mounted on a proprietary system (zerouav), I'm not sure it's very safe to do this hardware reset.