SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 24, 2012, 10:36 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Kevin,

NICE! 84g with all and a battery is right there with Luis and poor Dave has the heavy one . Lot's of power too.... Looking great, almost ready for some color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzie View Post
Ooooooowwwww, I know that one! It's in IL-2 isn't it? It's either a Yak- or a Lagg- something if I'm right. Did you draw it yourself?
I have also been thinking of making one some time ago. I'd say go for it! (If thats what your plan was)
Hanzie

Edit: No, wait, those had a tailwheel. Hmmmm....

Hanzie,

Don't want to clutter this thread with something non-related, so here is the last you may see of this here. A few hints to sweeten the pot. 15 had tail wheel, 17 had nose wheel, 21 was the pinnicle, but a bit ahead of where I am at.......... Look for a seperate thread at a web site near you soon!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:36 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
Kevin,

NICE! 84g with all and a battery is right there with Luis and poor Dave has the heavy one . Lot's of power too.... Looking great, almost ready for some color!

Hanzie,

Don't want to clutter this thread with something non-related, so here is the last you may see of this here. A few hints to sweeten the pot. 15 had tail wheel, 17 had nose wheel, 21 was the pinnicle, but a bit ahead of where I am at.......... Look for a seperate thread at a web site near you soon!

Fred
THANKS Fred!!!...I should be 84 grams on 3S...At least I hope so!!!..I know that the plane looks a bit rough when going through the "body work" process...Since paint work is what I really enjoy doing I hope to do the T-45 justice!!!...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
No I am not............ So here you go...........

This is just a hint though.

That is all......

Fred

Yak 17???

Kevin
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:48 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
THANKS Fred!!!...I should be 84 grams on 3S...At least I hope so!!!..I know that the plane looks a bit rough when going through the "body work" process...Since paint work is what I really enjoy doing I hope to do the T-45 justice!!!...

Kevin
I can see right past the body work, after all our creations are all a mess of filler, colors, fuzz, and such during most of the build, until the bitter end! I am glad you like the painting. I don't, and that is why my F-84 Thunderjet is stalled at the moment. So close but so far. I don't even have my colors picked out.

So I am waiting to see what you are going to create here, and I am sure we will not be disappointed! Good luck! I know you are going 3 cell, and that was with a 3 blade, clipped GWS rotor, right?

Fred
Old Jul 24, 2012, 11:55 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Quote:
Yak 17???

Kevin
That sure is a real pretty airplane there Mister! It even looks good without those fancy wing tip tanks, I'd say. It would look great in Silver, Green, Camo, or just about any color the Russians used back in the late 1940's and early 1950's. That should be an easy airplane to pick a paint scheme, and how hard are Red Stars to make decals for anyway.

Fred
Old Jul 25, 2012, 04:55 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,422 Posts
The weighting fight will be so good! I bought a 4gr lighter battery from rclipos, 2s 325mah So it will be final weight: 84gr

Kevin,

If you want I can send a pvc canopy for you, I have left here at home. I made a pluga and have the vacuum forming machine here. Your jet definetely deserves it! Just let me know your address and I send it for you!

Quote:
Kevin,

Hanzie,

Fred
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
The weighting fight will be so good! I bought a 4gr lighter battery from rclipos, 2s 325mah So it will be final weight: 84gr

Kevin,

If you want I can send a pvc canopy for you, I have left here at home. I made a pluga and have the vacuum forming machine here. Your jet definetely deserves it! Just let me know your address and I send it for you!
Thanks for the canopy offer Luis!!!...I would definately take you up on your offer and GLADLY pay for your trouble but there's just one thing---I'm thinking that I modified my plane so much with rounded turtledeck/nose that I'm afraid your canopy wouldn't fit...I would not like for you to go to all of the trouble of sending one if it won't fit...

Well---I'm to the point that I'm tired of filling/sanding/filling/sanding!!!..Time to get on with the paint...I plan on shooting a few light coats of primer, sanding between coats...This should expose any more flaws and help seal the foam...

Kevin
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:40 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
Ohhhh yeah!

Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
I got in the micro 6 channel RX this afternoon!!!...Kickin' the AnyLink to the CURB!!!...This new 6 channel RX weighs 2 grams...I can see an extra micro-gram being removed by trimming the shrink wrap......Yep, I'm THAT anal about loosing weight where possible---...Now, if I could only loose my own weight that easily I would be set!!!......

Here's a pic...

Kevin
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:20 PM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Ohhhh yeah!

Here are a few pics of some floats I built from plans using 1mm & 2mm Depron for a ParkZone micro Champ...Primed, as I'll do with the T-45, and ready for paint...

Kevin
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:14 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,200 Posts
Quote:
I got in the micro 6 channel RX this afternoon!!!...Kickin' the AnyLink to the CURB!!!...This new 6 channel RX weighs 2 grams...I can see an extra micro-gram being removed by trimming the shrink wrap......Yep, I'm THAT anal about loosing weight where possible---...Now, if I could only loose my own weight that easily I would be set!!!......

Here's a pic...

Kevin
Keep going.... they can get lighter.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=708854
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:27 AM
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
I got more done on the T-45 tonight...Primed and ready for more filling/sanding etc......Ya gotta get it right or else every time you look at it you will wish that you did more to finish it...

I got the decals printed thanks to Fred B...!!!...I printed one set on clear decal paper and another on white backed decal paper...You need both to apply the decals over white and painted surfaces...

Shooting for a Sunday maiden but that will be pushing it...My 11th wedding anniversary is tomorrow so I'll probably not get much done......

I will coat the plane with flat white when all of the finishing work is done...I'll also paint the model with flat black and flat red where required...Flat finishes dry VERY quickly and allow for quick work...The entire plane will be clear coated with Krylon flat clear...

Kevin
Old Jul 27, 2012, 04:03 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,422 Posts
Post pictures of the progress!
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:03 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
At this point I think we will not see any pictures of Kevin's build UNTIL it is done and ready to show off! I wouldn't because I will bet it is going to be a jaw dropper!

Fred
Old Jul 27, 2012, 05:35 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,200 Posts
That and he better be schmoozing his wife for their anniversary if he wants to be allowed to finish it...
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged