HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:46 AM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
426 Posts
ST Models Blaze Hotliner

Sorry to hear about your Moray! I was tempted to buy one of those... but settled on a DogFighter instead and, recently, a Strega too. Fun class of airplanes, and I have my Spirit and DS to thank for teaching me that speed can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time!

My DS, unfortunately, has seen a couple of bad days, and I'd like to cheer it up with a brand new set of wings. Does anyone know if the DS wings and Blaze wings are close enough to be interchangeable? I'd like to shop around for a good deal (including shipping), and wondered if the Blaze parts give me more choices?
OldeMan is offline Find More Posts by OldeMan
Last edited by OldeMan; Jul 16, 2014 at 02:46 AM. Reason: oops
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2014, 06:12 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2013
620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldeMan View Post
Sorry to hear about your Moray! I was tempted to buy one of those... but settled on a DogFighter instead and, recently, a Strega too. Fun class of airplanes, and I have my Spirit and DS to thank for teaching me that speed can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time!

My DS, unfortunately, has seen a couple of bad days, and I'd like to cheer it up with a brand new set of wings. Does anyone know if the DS wings and Blaze wings are close enough to be interchangeable? I'd like to shop around for a good deal (including shipping), and wondered if the Blaze parts give me more choices?
Don't know anyone with a Blaze but didn't someone say a few pages back that the parts are interchangeable? That surprised me because the connector for the v-tail is supposed to be different but I guess if it's true then the wings should be swappable. Woulda thought the DS wings would be cheaper just because it's HK but worth checking.

That Moray had been through a lot. There was a steep learning curve on launching it (very high wing loading, although I think I remember saying the same thing to you about the Mini Spirit - plus ca change) and it was mostly hot glue. I'll still probably try and hot glue it back together. Once you learn to launch them they are very nice to fly. Is your Strega the FMS/Rochobby one? That looks like an awesome plane. You think it's worth the money? Out here they are not cheap. At least not last time I checked. I've been thinking about getting something with landing gear though and that would be a nice place to start.
CelloGuy is online now Find More Posts by CelloGuy
Old Jul 16, 2014, 06:34 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
The only difference in the vtail is the mounting plate. The dynamic s plate should be able to be made to fit the blaze tail fins with minor surgery
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89
Old Jul 16, 2014, 03:56 PM
Faster is Better
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2012
426 Posts
Thanks for replies. I remember the V-tail mounting hardware is different between DS and Blaze, but couldn't remember reading anything about the main wing set.

As for the Strega, yes, the RocHobby version. It's awesome in the air... has a very powerful feel. A simple prop change brings the speed up to "wow", and a battery change to 5S may be in my future (I'd like to go beyond "wow"). It is, however, squirrely on the takeoff roll -- I'm still getting used to that. Overall -- strong recommend.
OldeMan is offline Find More Posts by OldeMan
Old Aug 01, 2014, 09:41 AM
United Kingdom, England, Basingstoke
Joined Aug 2012
148 Posts
I have crashed my Blaze and tried to source a new fuselage, either Blaze 38, or Dynamic S 14, for what is the same part.
Neither Ripmax or Hobbyking have parts or complete aircraft.
Ripmax today tell me that parts are due in September, but could not explain the huge mark up in cost.
I have chased HK for parts supply, but not hopeful.
Boggles is offline Find More Posts by Boggles
Old Aug 01, 2014, 10:39 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Nov 2013
26 Posts
let us know what happens, im maidening mine at the weekend.. hopefully....
Kingkade is offline Find More Posts by Kingkade
Old Aug 01, 2014, 10:40 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Nov 2013
26 Posts
maybe a 'hype wow' may be next next best item to search? same thing....
Kingkade is offline Find More Posts by Kingkade
Old Sep 14, 2014, 02:43 AM
Germany, BY, M
Joined Jul 2013
1,108 Posts
The Dynamic-S isnt available at HK anymore. What is happened?
SilbernerSurfer is offline Find More Posts by SilbernerSurfer
Old Sep 14, 2014, 03:00 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Apr 2013
620 Posts
The FMS factories are doing a lot of new Durafly planes for HK at the moment. I imagine they're just too busy with the new stuff to get on to making more of the Dynamic-S. Either that or ST Models sued for design infringement. The story was that that was why HK stopped selling the original Kinetic 800. Apparently Multiplex sued because it was a direct copy of their Merlin.
CelloGuy is online now Find More Posts by CelloGuy
Old Sep 14, 2014, 04:44 AM
Hangin' for a strong SW
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
765 Posts
Ou can still get the dynamic s in parts from hk.
slothy89 is online now Find More Posts by slothy89