Jul 06, 2011, 12:49 PM
Can't get enough
This guy flies awesome. I bet with a 5043 prop with some hyperion's would really wake it up even more! Flies inverted great it seems as well. Does some outside loops pretty good too!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2011, 01:24 PM
Wow I think this will be a great additon to the hangar. Can't wait to start some racing!
Jul 06, 2011, 01:36 PM
I really question the timing of this plane. Eflight just put out the sbach which to be honest, just from the video shown here, its going to blow the pole cat out of the water. It does look like a fun little plane, I wont deny that, and heck I may even buy one of them to lol. I guess this is the brushed alternative with a lower price tag for those that cant justify 170 bucks for a UM plane? Maybe eflight or parkzone can explain the differences and why someone would want this over the sbach? I would be interested in reading that.
Jul 06, 2011, 01:42 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsDay
I really question the timing of this plane. Eflight just put out the sbach which to be honest, just from the video shown here, its going to blow the pole cat out of the water. It does look like a fun little plane, I wont deny that, and heck I may even buy one of them to lol. I guess this is the brushed alternative with a lower price tag for those that cant justify 170 bucks for a UM plane? Maybe eflight or parkzone can explain the differences and why someone would want this over the sbach? I would be interested in reading that.
It isn't the same plane....Not an sbach. Looks to me the flight characteristics aren't the same. The sbach requires lots of space and is much faster.
Jul 06, 2011, 01:42 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Quote:
Yeah, the Sbach will blow this outta the water... but I may just buy one cause it is cheap for travelin!
Jul 06, 2011, 01:43 PM
I think it's pretty simple. There are a lot of people just getting into micros and 4 channel planes. They might have a T28 or something and are looking for the next step. The pole cat would be that. They also might not be ready to drop $170 on the Sbach. $99 is a great standard UM price.

You also have people like me who just want nearly all the micros I have the Sbach and love it but I'll get the pole cat too. More relaxing than the Sbach but more aggressive than a Trojan or Mustang.
Jul 06, 2011, 02:39 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
i don't have any of the brushless um and i don't plan on getting any of them. i like the small 1s brushed planes and will very likely get this one.
Jul 06, 2011, 03:51 PM
RAFMAA
it comes down to the fact that i have the sukhoi and a blade msr. so i now how about 10 batteries and a 4 port charger. id rather buy this little racer and add it to the fleet and buy another size of lipos and a new charger ect. its just convenient with this style of micro.
all hail the 1cells!
Jul 06, 2011, 04:39 PM
never missed a crash site
I preordered the pole cat yesterday, and now I wait till the price on the sbach comes down!!! I bought the beast early before they lowered the price. Fool me twice I don't think so. On a different note I have the 26xp also and in the middle of a snap roll the rudder went dead, landed no problem (kinda crabby) come to find out the linkage seperated at the servo. Little glue good as new but i had to open her up.
Last edited by azdrtdog; Jul 06, 2011 at 04:49 PM.
Jul 06, 2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsten
It isn't the same plane....Not an sbach. Looks to me the flight characteristics aren't the same. The sbach requires lots of space and is much faster.
True, its not an sbach but it pretty much appears to be a pattern plane, same as what the sbach is. From the responses it looks like I may have ruffled a few feathers here and it really wasn't my intent. I was just questioning the timing of this release so close to the sbach being released.

I guess it was pretty much a stupid question because in my thinking, you already have the sukhoi xp so why another of nearly the same performance. I am a serious xp lover and just couldn't see the reason to have another plane so similar. But that again just shows, what one man thinks is treasure, doesn't mean another will think the same. I apologize if I stepped on any ones toes, It really wasn't meant like that.
Jul 06, 2011, 07:09 PM
Can't get enough
Quote:
True, its not an sbach but it pretty much appears to be a pattern plane, same as what the sbach is. From the responses it looks like I may have ruffled a few feathers here and it really wasn't my intent. I was just questioning the timing of this release so close to the sbach being released.

I guess it was pretty much a stupid question because in my thinking, you already have the sukhoi xp so why another of nearly the same performance. I am a serious xp lover and just couldn't see the reason to have another plane so similar. But that again just shows, what one man thinks is treasure, doesn't mean another will think the same. I apologize if I stepped on any ones toes, It really wasn't meant like that.
I know you didn't mean it like that I personally don't own the xp, so this will be new to me. I had only 2 flights on my sbach, when it failed (servo), or pilot error. I sent it back. Looks like the ailerons aren't near is big on the pole cat.
Jul 06, 2011, 07:19 PM
I'm looking forward to a PZ video of several Pole Cats racing around pylons.
Jul 06, 2011, 07:59 PM
The lunatic is on the grass
Would be nice if they could sell they blank,without paint.
Then we could paint them each different colors.
Might be tough to see a little number placard when it's buzzing by!..lol

Ridgewalker
Jul 06, 2011, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord chris
it comes down to the fact that i have the sukhoi and a blade msr. so i now how about 10 batteries and a 4 port charger. id rather buy this little racer and add it to the fleet and buy another size of lipos and a new charger ect. its just convenient with this style of micro.
all hail the 1cells!
I understand where you're coming from, but I use the same batteries in my Sbach and Beast as I do in my Sukhoi, T28, etc. So if you really would like to have one of these, don't hold back because of batteries. It just takes a series cable and you're ready to go. They come with a decent charger for the 2 cells too.
Jul 07, 2011, 01:12 AM
RAFMAA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly
I understand where you're coming from, but I use the same batteries in my Sbach and Beast as I do in my Sukhoi, T28, etc. So if you really would like to have one of these, don't hold back because of batteries. It just takes a series cable and you're ready to go. They come with a decent charger for the 2 cells too.
that i did not know.
right then.... thats opened up my hangar a little

Quick Reply