New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2015, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by YeOldeGoat
Joined May 2015
9 Posts
Help me pick motors for my bat bone tricopter

Hi everyone, I just bought the flitetest tricopter frame and I'm looking for some motors. I'm pretty new to this all, and I remember when I bought a 250 last year the motors I got didn't fit in properly (only 1 screw of 4 fit in the frame). I want to make sure I get the right size and power for everything this time.

My build so far:

ESC: Afro 30amp ESC (simonk)
Flight Controller: kk2.1.5 (already have it)
Battery: 2200mah 3s 35c (x4)
3.5mm breakout cable

Motor: Turnigy Multistar 2213-980kv
Props: 10x4.5

So for the motor I want to make sure it will fit the frame without modification (all 4 screws will fit in properly). I also need it to come from hobbyking, since thats where I'll buy everything else. All the recommended builds use other vendors. I want it to have 3.5mm bullet also like the one I chose.

Apparently for fpv and stability I need low kv, and larger props so that's why I chose the ones above...

any suggestions for motors and props? will these work fine?
YeOldeGoat is offline Find More Posts by YeOldeGoat
to remove ads between posts