SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:02 PM
Find More Posts by barracudahockey
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
3,998 Posts
Yea, I had probably the first one in the US and the the only real problem I had was shearing the elevator linkage off on a low pass
barracudahockey is online now Find More Posts by barracudahockey
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:14 PM
Find More Posts by hapyjac2
United States, FL, Tamarac
Joined Apr 2003
57 Posts
Okay, I'm trying to get a handle on what to do with the power board. I had an old Taft Viper version one and beat it to death, with the original power board installed for most of it's life but gave into pressure and eliminated it. I just got the Cobra and was hoping the new ones would be improved and I would not have to go thru that replacement ordeal again. Anyone using the power board with out any issues???
hapyjac2 is online now Find More Posts by hapyjac2
Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by Rangerfan
Scale Jet Driver
United States, TX, Grapevine
Joined Jul 2012
833 Posts
I am but I've only got a few flights on mine. What concerns me is the slop and play in the servos. I'm contemplating yanking all of them and replacing with better digitals so I can add a gyro. And if I do that, I'll probably yank the board.
Rangerfan is online now Find More Posts by Rangerfan
Old Apr 15, 2015, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by HellHathNoFury
Joined Dec 2013
4,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapyjac2 View Post
Okay, I'm trying to get a handle on what to do with the power board. I had an old Taft Viper version one and beat it to death, with the original power board installed for most of it's life but gave into pressure and eliminated it. I just got the Cobra and was hoping the new ones would be improved and I would not have to go thru that replacement ordeal again. Anyone using the power board with out any issues???
As Clint Eastwood used to say... Do you feel lucky... ??? Better to go through that ordeal than picking up the pieces..
HellHathNoFury is online now Find More Posts by HellHathNoFury
Old Apr 15, 2015, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by fishface5
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2014
445 Posts
I have about 13 flights on my cobra with the pcboard and have not had a problem.
I have 2 other taft jets with the boards and no problems so far
fishface5 is online now Find More Posts by fishface5
Old Apr 15, 2015, 07:14 PM
Find More Posts by garryk
Corsair Captain
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Oct 2010
2,813 Posts
If you decide to keep the board, just check it often for any signs of burning. I bypassed the elevator servos from the board but use the rest of it.
garryk is offline Find More Posts by garryk
Old Today, 01:59 PM
Find More Posts by captain MoMo
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
4,067 Posts
I find that this forum and the "experts" are mostly conservative in approach. Also, naturally people report problems and don't report when everything is going well. My experience after many years in this hobby says that the stock PCB is probably good for the majority and some failures as reported in this thread. It's a probability thing. So knowing that determine if you want to take the calculated risk of leaving it and checking for abnormalities preflight or go through the ordeal, which is really not an ordeal / pretty simple to bypass. Or you can see why it might fail and fix those issues, like having some shrink wrap around the soldered areas under the PCB and etc. Having said all that / I bypassed mine under pressure ��
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member