Old Apr 02, 2015, 04:13 AM
Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
3,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
Thank you. I have some reading to do and already have the tools.
How is your EagleTree Guardian going?
Grantham Kid is offline Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2015, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
968 Posts
I am not able to look at the 2 documents you referenced, for some reason I get server not found for both links.

You must make a minor modification to the V2 to connect the right aileron input signal. You only need 1 wire (since you already have multiple GND and 5V connections between the RX and the RX3S). That wire must connect the RX Right Aileron output to the pad labeled TXD on the RX3S board.

The most recent documentation is here

Look at the connection diagram for RX3S V2/V3 and heed the note below the chart concerning the AIL_SW.

Since you are using an RX3S V2 you can use any channel you wish for gain/mode, just connect that channel from the RX to the AUX_IN connector on the RX3S V2.

You might also want to update to the latest firmware if you have not already done that. The first post in the Open FlightStab forum has links to my repository for the the firmware and also to the most recent documentation.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySurferG View Post
Hi,

I have a Turnigy 9x running ER9x using the smartie parts board.

I have successfully installed an RX3s V2 flashed with Open Stab in a single aileron plane and it works beautifully !

I've tried installing a second RX3s V2 flashed with Open Stab in a dual aileron plane with the Left aileron on channel 5, Right aileron on channel 1. I have the V-Tail and Delta dip switches set to REV and the RX3s gives 5 long flashes indicating the RX3s is in dual aileron mode.

Both the Ele and Rud (stabilization & stick operation) are working fine - but the right aileron does not respond properly to the stick - though it appears to stabilize OK. The Left Aileron operates fine and stabilizes OK.

I have not made any hardware mod to the RX3s - the doco //https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mDjC1NHaGSoKw8bjJ9FkFgby2rr6544d-yykV3Xz6dg/pub says that the mod is only needed for V3.

I put the RX out of channel 1 (right aileron) connected to the AUX on the RX3s and then from Ail-R on the RX3s to the right wing servo.

I have the RX out of channel 5 connected to the AIL on the RX3s and then from Ail-L on the RX3s to the left wing servo.

This was as per the doco on http://http://www.cbhmodels.co.uk/rx3s.htm

I'm wondering if I need to make the hardware mod to the V2 that is required for the V3 ?

OR do I NOT use the AUX for the right aileron input from the RX to the RX3s ? and just connect the right wing servo to AIL-R on the RX3s. And if so can I use Channel 6 into the RX3s AUX and use gain as per my one aileron plane ?

Thanks,

SSG
JohnRB is online now Find More Posts by JohnRB
Old Apr 02, 2015, 09:57 AM
Find More Posts by captain MoMo
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
4,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
How is your EagleTree Guardian going?
I love my Guardians - perfect for me 3DHH flights and 2D landings.
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2015, 04:03 PM
Find More Posts by flylow2011
Joined Nov 2011
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
I love my Guardians - perfect for me 3DHH flights and 2D landings.

I am confused ???
3DHH is used for landing , taking off, especially with gusty wind??? right
2D for inflight as stabilizer ??? right
flylow2011 is offline Find More Posts by flylow2011
Old Apr 02, 2015, 05:06 PM
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
3,225 Posts
You have a choice of what to program into it for your 3 way switch.
I use Stabilization, OFF, 2DHH which is fantastic for landing. Each mode has its' own selectable settings via computer.
I like the fact you can adjust gains in the air if need be.
Old Apr 03, 2015, 05:19 AM
Find More Posts by captain MoMo
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
4,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
You have a choice of what to program into it for your 3 way switch.
I use Stabilization, OFF, 2DHH which is fantastic for landing. Each mode has its' own selectable settings via computer.
I like the fact you can adjust gains in the air if need be.
I use just 2D for landing. What is different with 2DHH? Is it better than just 2D?
captain MoMo is online now Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 03, 2015, 06:18 AM
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
3,225 Posts
I guess it is a matter of preference. I noted that a number of people on different forums loved 2DHH for landing so I use it with my TekSumo. I have found it to be excellent for the number of times I have used it. Hands off landings. It impressed my mate enough that he is telling others how it works and may get one himself. No rudder on the TekSumo but HH looks after that. Just reduce throttle and it lands.
Just try it I guess captain.
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Apr 03, 2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2015, 06:26 AM
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
3,225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylow2011 View Post
I am confused ???
3DHH is used for landing , taking off, especially with gusty wind??? right
2D for inflight as stabilizer ??? right
2D also is wing leveling and Stabilization. . Get into trouble and just let the sticks go. The plane auto rights itself instantly.