New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2015, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by scottheli
Joined Mar 2009
201 Posts
Bob. are you saying you put the BL tail motor on the new F49 board and it did not play well, or the stock F-45 board and you are waiting for the F-49 board. The reason I'm asking is because Banggood is selling an F-45 fully BL with I think an F-49 board all already installed for like $109. I do not think the BL tail will make mine fly better, I just hate the noisy brushed tail and my brand new one sounds like crap. Oh, and camera wise, I decided to wait and camera up another bird later on because the quad market seems to rule there. I'm just waiting on a fresh battery and maybe install another Extreme fly bar. Steve, thanks and I think your right. The banggood batteries are not the best so a 30c is on order. Scottheli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2015, 11:05 PM
Find More Posts by Patrick Olds
United States, CA, Red Bluff
Joined Mar 2013
110 Posts
Hi Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman12350 View Post
BTHirsk, when he did his conversion to fully brushless, used a completely different receiver to provide signal for the new servos and the BL ESCs. He used a Turnigy ESC for the tail (as well as the main), I think a 10 amp one, and then the Turnigy 1811/2000 kV BL motor for the tail. To my recollection he said this worked well, but it was a lot of work for him.

Steve
Hey, check out my post over on the 200 side. See what you think of the lights? That's the 200 with the 2 ESC's in anyway cool huh. Pat
Patrick Olds is online now Find More Posts by Patrick Olds
Old Apr 07, 2015, 09:35 AM
Joined Mar 2013
110 Posts
Loose Blades

Quote:
BTHirsk, when he did his conversion to fully brushless, used a completely different receiver to provide signal for the new servos and the BL ESCs. He used a Turnigy ESC for the tail (as well as the main), I think a 10 amp one, and then the Turnigy 1811/2000 kV BL motor for the tail. To my recollection he said this worked well, but it was a lot of work for him.

Steve
Hi, Steve, I have a whole lot of play, very loose, where the blades clamp to the new upgraded Think RC rotor head? The washers that come with the kit don't seem to do much good, what's going on with that? It does fly, but to fast or hard turns and the blades will hit. What's going with this? Thanks Pat
Old Apr 10, 2015, 09:20 AM
Joined Mar 2009
201 Posts
Use an extra washer on top of the blades, one that covers the root and will hold them, then tighten them how you like. I make mine where they will not fall when you turn the heli sideways, but you want them to give in a crash. Scottheli
Old Apr 10, 2015, 07:27 PM
Find More Posts by bassman12350
Beating air into submission!
United States, CA, Twain Harte
Joined Feb 2014
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottheli View Post
Use an extra washer on top of the blades, one that covers the root and will hold them, then tighten them how you like. I make mine where they will not fall when you turn the heli sideways, but you want them to give in a crash. Scottheli
Pat, I used a tempered spring washer, flattened with a hammer, to take out the slop with my blade grips. These have worked flawlessly and I have tightened the screws so the blades are like Scottheli advises - - tight enough they won't fall if one turns the bird sideways, but they give in a crash. If you can't locate 1/4" I.D. thin spring washers, the fabric washers (paper hole reinforcers) for sheets of paper work great. you may need to use a couple on each side.

Steve
bassman12350 is offline Find More Posts by bassman12350
Old Apr 10, 2015, 07:55 PM
Joined Mar 2013
110 Posts
Hi, Thanks, Guys I did just what you said to do and looks good, but can't fly now too much wind right now. I thought I was missing something with the upgraded rotor top. So now all set to go! I'll just half to fly my little stand by, 200. lol. THANKS AGAIN!!!!! Pat
Old Apr 12, 2015, 01:21 PM
Find More Posts by FRENCHguy
Joined Jan 2013
15 Posts
Hello everyone

I don't know if the question has been asked (surelly ^^)... but they are a lot tof page and the "search engine don't find my reply.

Can you tell me the main shaft dameter and longer please ?

I have a old Walkera Dragonfly #4 and it's not easy to find the parts.. (or it's expenssive)

I will try to put the MJX F45 rotor head on it

Thanks for your reply guys !
(i hope you will understand my "FrenGlish")

Dorian
FRENCHguy is offline Find More Posts by FRENCHguy
Old Apr 13, 2015, 07:37 AM
Joined Mar 2013
110 Posts
Xtreme batteries

Hi, Guys, Steve, I bought 2 of those 2200 mah batteries from Xtreme. Was advertise to be a replacement for the battery that came with the F45. But they are way to long to fit in the battery tray and the wire is way to short with the wrong plug on its end? Looks like would be great, just to big. So now I have 2 of them ,brand new $50,00 +, and nothing to do with them. Anyway what are you using? I did get in a short flight with all the new stuff on it! Just a little to much wind and I need to dial it in a little bit more. Very Happy with it so far. THANKS AGAIN Pat
Old Apr 14, 2015, 08:49 PM
Joined Mar 2009
201 Posts
I am using the Lion Power brand 7.4v 2200mah 25c battery from banggood for less than $15, but it is a year old with about 60 flights and is now weak, so I am waiting on the same one just with 30c burst for emergency power. It too was cheap. So far it worked well and that was a year of abuse and just now failing. I will not abuse the next one and see how it does. I can't see buying an expensive battery that can fail too if not treated properly. So, for $15, you can't beat it. Chinese new year slowed the slow boat to going on 2 months since order placed. They waited 1 month to ship, so I should see it soon. I hope MJX or some aftermarket company like Xtreme builds a new FBL fixed pitch head so banked turns become possible. I think the MJX F-49 board for fully BL is a nice upgrade too. So far, from what I've gathered, the 300 size market is wide open, so we'll see who jumps on it. Maybe some one will do a scale fuse with lights too. I added the Hobby King cheapo set to mine and it looks better than the motorcycle strip lights I had on it, but at the same time it is harder to keep orientation at night so I fly just at dark so you can still see the heli and the lights, plus the winds calm down then. Scottheli
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:57 PM
Joined Mar 2013
110 Posts
Hey, yeah, Scottheli, I got those batteries from Xtreme, through Amazon, suppose to be a replacement for the 7.4v 1500mah ones but their way to big and heavy, also wrong plug ends on them? But I just rebuilt my old F45 with a brushless motor and Xtreme rotor head, hadn't been flying the old F45, as I went over to that 200srx and had to rebuild it with 2 ESC's to get rid of that POD thing. Also some Rakonheli upgrade parts so it fly's good now and with the DELight kit looks pretty good too. It's over on the 200 post thing, if you want to see it. Pat
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:18 AM
Find More Posts by bassman12350
Beating air into submission!
United States, CA, Twain Harte
Joined Feb 2014
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Olds View Post
Hey, yeah, Scottheli, I got those batteries from Xtreme, through Amazon, suppose to be a replacement for the 7.4v 1500mah ones but their way to big and heavy, also wrong plug ends on them? But I just rebuilt my old F45 with a brushless motor and Xtreme rotor head, hadn't been flying the old F45, as I went over to that 200srx and had to rebuild it with 2 ESC's to get rid of that POD thing. Also some Rakonheli upgrade parts so it fly's good now and with the DELight kit looks pretty good too. It's over on the 200 post thing, if you want to see it. Pat
Hi Pat,

It's relatively easy to put longer wires and the correct ends on the new batteries. Your LHS might even have the wires with ends pre-made as the end on the original battery is a pretty common one for 7.4 volt power. Just cut the end off the new battery wires (leave enough to solder onto) and use heat shrink tubing over the solder joints. People who have gone to the longer 2000 mah/2200 mah batteries have put some velcro on the frame to hold the battery and also, due to the length, have removed the stop at the front of the battery tray. Hope this info helps.

Steve
bassman12350 is offline Find More Posts by bassman12350
Old Apr 17, 2015, 07:29 AM
Joined Mar 2013
110 Posts
Batteries

Quote:
Hi Pat,

It's relatively easy to put longer wires and the correct ends on the new batteries. Your LHS might even have the wires with ends pre-made as the end on the original battery is a pretty common one for 7.4 volt power. Just cut the end off the new battery wires (leave enough to solder onto) and use heat shrink tubing over the solder joints. People who have gone to the longer 2000 mah/2200 mah batteries have put some velcro on the frame to hold the battery and also, due to the length, have removed the stop at the front of the battery tray. Hope this info helps.

Steve
Hi Steve,
Yeah, a guy could easily put longer wires on those batteries, half to be sure and get the right ends. Also could put some Velcro on the bottom of the Helio and maybe a Velcro strap to help hold it in place more in the middle of it, would help with the extra weight, for balance and all, Would be out side, but on bottom really wouldn't see it! So your right lots of ways to do it. Best part I ended up getting them for nothing, when I complained to Amazon about their miss leading add. So I'm ahead all the way around.. I'm still not happy with all my adjustments on it yet, but it's a work in progress. Going to rebuild it with a new bottom plate, drive gear, and new board. Maybe I should just get a new bird and start all over again? lol. THANKS AGAIN, Steve. Pat