New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2016, 11:56 AM
Find More Posts by Mcswiney
McSwiney
Joined Jun 2015
23 Posts
Discussion
Hi guys I need a new boat.i like 1meter fiberglass

My brothers law borrowed my one meter sailboat last fall and when I asked for it back I got it was misplaced!!!!!!!!so I would like a one meter fiberglass sailboat. I like to sail in Salem harbor so it must be good in rough water. My old boat could beat a 6knot current . I would like the new boat to do the same. I also need a new radio with nicads or lipo batteries.i love the Marblehead class boats but everyone at Reds pond in Manchester sails 914,s I think. I don't have the time or cash for a Marblehead class boat due to everything for sale here is $5000, I can get him to cough up $450 for a replace ment boat so it comes down to a regazze,sea wind or vellA what do you gentlemen recommend?i can build somewhat and cost can go up but I want it for spring sailing at reds pond.the 914 is ok but to expensive all built and it's small. Help guys my old boat was just what I wanted and I built it to do anything but from what I see there aren't too many sailboats out there that aren't all plastic.i like wood and carbon fiber. But what do you recommend?
Thanks all
Myles mcswiney
Mcswiney is offline Find More Posts by Mcswiney
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2016, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by hiljoball
Canada, BC, Strathcona
Joined Jul 2011
899 Posts
Before you decide, take a look at the Dragon Flight 95 thread. Almost 1 meter, sails very well, and under $400.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2437398

John
hiljoball is online now Find More Posts by hiljoball
Old Feb 06, 2016, 12:34 PM
Find More Posts by Scratchy101
Canada, BC, Greater Vancouver Regional District
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Certainly the DF95 fits the bill (other than the 6 knot current).
A 1M RC monohull sailboat will not reach 6 knot under most conditions and you are fooling yourself if you think it will (just search for GPS speed in this forum).

Have a look at this thread, as it has very similar requirements:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2474418
Scratchy101 is offline Find More Posts by Scratchy101
Old Feb 06, 2016, 02:16 PM
Find More Posts by thorsail
Chicago , Illinois
Joined Jul 2008
1,064 Posts
Myles
First of all CR914s are considered good boats-if your going to race at Reds
Pond you would want the same one design as they sail.also,Reds is pretty
much the epicenter of Marblehead sailing-and I don't think it's always just
the new high-tec designs , they sail older Ms, which can be had for reasonable money if you look around.Same for 914s, can be had for brother
-in-law $.
Old Marbleheads are a hoot to sail-no matter where you are at-if you want
decent waterline length and heft,and beauty,find an old M.
having said that there are a bunch of used US 1 meters in the classifieds here on RCG right now-very good prices.
also keep an eye on the classifieds at www.theamya.org
there are extensive threads here on Vela's, Seawinds and Regazza's.
I have a Ragazza-the boat itself is good ( actual fiberglass) but the sails
are all but useless and the rigging could be better. ( I just saw one for $200
I think it was here in RCG.....)(EDIT--it is on page 2 in the boat listings )
lastly--these DF 95s may be the next hot thing-check them out.
keep up the research and keep asking questions !
Allan
thorsail is offline Find More Posts by thorsail
Last edited by thorsail; Feb 06, 2016 at 02:42 PM.
Old Feb 07, 2016, 12:39 PM
Find More Posts by ShaZamm
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2016
79 Posts
Amazing there is such a forum at all on model sailboats. I'm a sailboater, also have owned an America's Cup committee boat... built at the Graves yard in Marblehead in 1947. I haven't yet found interest to the RC sailboats, new to me, I do sail my Lightening class sloop occasionally, and spend a lot of time sailing also my GS 43..around and about New England waters.
ShaZamm is offline Find More Posts by ShaZamm
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 07, 2016, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by Mcswiney
McSwiney
Joined Jun 2015
23 Posts
Has anyone ever built a t52marblehead class boat?how much time is involved?i have extensive construction with planes,so I'm not a novice .for$675(is that right)I think a marble head class boat is the answer to my prayers.how complete is the kit? Does it come with a sail winch and if it doesn't how much are they. How many hours are needed.is the deck attached? I don't mind a little work but a 914 is outrageous time wise.does anyone have a Marblehead class boat for sale at a decent price?im having trouble finding used boats.there are a lot of toys out there but I want a boat that sails the bottom off!!!!!! I have a aero marine 90 cat for sale with a pico .80 i have never started in it and proper hardware controlling it. With 3 or 4 octura palanced beriliam props.it went a little to fast one day with 40 percent nitro and I blew up the pico .90 so I went with a .80 racing picco for more rpm. It is decaled professionally and sprayed with imeron paint.but I like the Marblehead class boat.it suits all my needs a finished used boat would be nice for the right price.help gentlemen!!!!!
Mcswiney is offline Find More Posts by Mcswiney
Old Feb 08, 2016, 02:54 AM
Find More Posts by pompebled
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
6,072 Posts
Myles, you've got a PM.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is online now Find More Posts by pompebled