Extreme Flight 65" Turbo Duster

Extreme Flight's newest Legacy Aviation Series ARF is a WILD Turbo Duster. Warning - This ain't just any old lazy crop duster!

Splash

Extreme Flight 65" Turbo Duster

Extreme Flight is now shipping their newest Legacy Aviation Series creation - The Turbo Duster!

Inspired by the latest turbine crop dusters, the Turbo Duster is a great sport scale and aerobatic model from Legacy Aviation. It is constructed of premium balsa and ply and covered in genuine Oracover/Ultracote. The Turbo Duster Uses 6 medium metal-gear servos, such as the Hitec Hs-5245MG, and includes big double-hinged flaps for all sorts of mixing possibilities.

Paired with our Torque 4016-500 motor and Airboss80 ESC, the Duster has unlimited vertical power on 6S 3000-4000mah lipo batteries and 16x7 prop. NOTE: The Duster is designed for low-pitch props, 7" pitch and lower.

The Duster makes a great rugged and friendly sport model, it can fly a variety of conventional and 3D aerobatic maneuvers, and it loves making low passes like its full-scale crop duster relatives. A carbon wing tube, carbon landing gear, lightweight and strong airframe, easy handling, quick assembly, easy-access hatch, and a complete high-quality hardware set add up to a fun and rewarding model aircraft you will be proud to own.

If you want a truly flexible airplane, order the optional composite color-matched float set (Coming Soon!). Custom-designed for the Duster, our floats are light, strong, include a complete double water-rudder setup, and you change the model back-and-forth from land to water in under 5 minutes with just one hex driver. NOTE: The float set requires one additional mini servo to operate the water rudder.

Legacy Aviation 65" Turbo Duster (3 min 9 sec)

WOW! It looks like those huge flaps and ailerons can be mixed to create Quad Ailerons, Quad Flaperons, Crow Flaps, and all kinds of interesting flight modes. Stay tuned as there will be a formal product review of this Extreme Flight Turbo Duster this Spring. I'm planning to have one flying and floating at SEFF 2016 this Year, but I suggest you get your own on order now. Check out Extreme Flight's website for more information on the Turbo Duster.

Last edited by kingsflyer; Jan 07, 2016 at 11:13 AM..
Old Jan 07, 2016, 11:39 AM
Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
Extremely Twisted
United States, LA
Joined Apr 2014
2,735 Posts
Reserved
Eagle2Nitro is offline Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
Old Jan 07, 2016, 11:49 AM
Find More Posts by blucor basher
ExtremeFlight - 3DHS - Legacy
United States, TX, Tyler
Joined Jun 2003
24,678 Posts
Reserved!
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Old Jan 07, 2016, 11:58 AM
Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
12,566 Posts
I have seen all the EF planes and this was one of my favorites. I do have childhood memories of watching crop dusters do their thing in the skies over my part of the country. What a cool bird.
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Jan 07, 2016, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
21,647 Posts
not reserved. people should feel free to make use of this post space at will...

(plane is awesome, btw)
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Updated Hatcam - Apr2016
Old Jan 08, 2016, 03:03 PM
Find More Posts by FlyCush
Joined Nov 2007
481 Posts
The flat spin was the tightest, and fastest I have seen in a video, period.

This includes 3d planes.

I want one and I am glad to see the final product made available.

Thanks Team Extreme!
FlyCush is offline Find More Posts by FlyCush
Old Jan 08, 2016, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by bcredneck
Canada, BC, Cranbrook
Joined Feb 2014
950 Posts
Im starting a duster with a telemaster 66 wing/ stabs since they are close to scale seeing the same size crop duster do that made my day even if my control surfaces will be 1/4 the size
bcredneck is offline Find More Posts by bcredneck
Old Jan 08, 2016, 11:53 PM
Find More Posts by jk6672
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
5,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
I have seen all the EF planes and this was one of my favorites. I do have childhood memories of watching crop dusters do their thing in the skies over my part of the country. What a cool bird.
I still watch them in my neck of the woods. They are all yellow and they dive right in after power wires and pull up steeply before surrounding roads. If I happen to be driving down the road I pray not to get sprayed if I happened to cross under their paths.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Jan 09, 2016, 07:12 AM
Find More Posts by iadamz
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
837 Posts
Ok I've got a serious problem. I need this plane. There are many of us who learned how to fly Rc planes using 3D planes only. Forgiving stable predictable and linear. Problem now is that I'm terrified to fly any non 3D, trainer type scale type plane. They have no throws., limited flight envelope. Ive never had to fight and loose to a plane that will stall, and fall out of the sky just cause I flew it past its envelope. From flying helicopters and directly to 3D type planes, having a scale plane that drops a wing and crashes cause the turn was too slow is something I'm scared to experience. In fact it's a difficult thing to explain to fellow flyers who see me fly then wonder why I tell them I can't test fly their trainer planes for them.

So before today, owning and flying a scale type plane with floats no less was just not going to happen. The confidence I would have in being able to wring this out with less fear of a silly stall, clean inverted, etc. Now we have a whole new class of planes that allow for confidently adding a traditional hobby experience. The 3D planes all start to look alike.
iadamz is online now Find More Posts by iadamz
Old Jan 09, 2016, 09:20 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
12,566 Posts
One day I had the T-tops out and got a healthy dose of crop dusting!
Administrator
Old Jan 09, 2016, 10:19 AM
Find More Posts by Gregertman
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
2,326 Posts
That explains a lot. Now we know what happened to you.
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Jan 09, 2016, 10:25 AM
Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
EXTREME FLIGHT CEO
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iadamz View Post
Ok I've got a serious problem. I need this plane. There are many of us who learned how to fly Rc planes using 3D planes only. Forgiving stable predictable and linear. Problem now is that I'm terrified to fly any non 3D, trainer type scale type plane. They have no throws., limited flight envelope. Ive never had to fight and loose to a plane that will stall, and fall out of the sky just cause I flew it past its envelope. From flying helicopters and directly to 3D type planes, having a scale plane that drops a wing and crashes cause the turn was too slow is something I'm scared to experience. In fact it's a difficult thing to explain to fellow flyers who see me fly then wonder why I tell them I can't test fly their trainer planes for them.

So before today, owning and flying a scale type plane with floats no less was just not going to happen. The confidence I would have in being able to wring this out with less fear of a silly stall, clean inverted, etc. Now we have a whole new class of planes that allow for confidently adding a traditional hobby experience. The 3D planes all start to look alike.
The Turbo Duster and coming Turbo Bushmaster are among the most gentle and easy to fly planes I've ever experienced, no bad habits. The fact that they are capable of flying most aerobatic maneuvers just adds to their appeal. I believe a lot of folks are going to be surprised this Spring when guys start showing up at the flying field with these things.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Old Jan 09, 2016, 10:56 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
12,566 Posts
Quote:
That explains a lot. Now we know what happened to you.
Administrator
Old Jan 10, 2016, 08:51 PM
Find More Posts by gabe221
Tree hopper
United States, TN, Dresden
Joined Sep 2013
6,807 Posts
All I can say is there's nothing like it !!
gabe221 is offline Find More Posts by gabe221
RCG Plus Member