New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2015, 08:08 AM
Find More Posts by jiyi
Joined Dec 2014
199 Posts
FAQ
P2 Flight Controller FAQ and problem shooting

Hello friends,

We found some testers here for our new products P2 flight controller about 2 months ago (original thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2298602), and now we already received all feedbacks from testers.

First of all, we would like to say thank you to all testers, who spent their time and energy on testing our products, and thank you to those people who help others to setup and solve problems for our flight controller.

Through this test activity, we understand that we still have a lot to do to improve our products, software and documentation support. Some of testers and users gave us very good suggestions and solutions. We would like to keep improving and supplying good and economical products to RC fans.

Now we have updated our firmware to fix some problem and updated our manual in English. We also prepare some installation videos for beginners. Please see below links for updated user manual and installation videos:

User Manual: http://www.jiyiuav.com/downloads/P2(...anualV1.05.pdf
Software download:
For window: http://www.jiyiuav.com/downloads/P2tiaocan.zip
For IOS: http://www.jiyiuav.com/downloads/P2Tuning-20150126.rar

Installation video:
P2 flight controller Installation Tutorial (6 min 6 sec)

Remote controller calibration
JIYI P2 flight control parameter settings Remote Calibration (2 min 0 sec)

Accelerometer calibration
JIYI:P2 The accelerometer calibration (2 min 0 sec)

More videos, please visit our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjn...mklWvlpbXS0YJw

Later, we will post some FAQs in this thread to help users to fix problems. If you still have problem during the intallation of our flight controller, reply in this thread or send email to us:

Amanda@jiyiuav.com
Andy@jiyiuav.com

We will reply to you ASAP.
jiyi is offline Find More Posts by jiyi
Site Sponsor
Last edited by jiyi; Jul 02, 2015 at 02:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2015, 01:39 PM
Find More Posts by skyair88
Joined Oct 2014
10 Posts
When is OSD release?
skyair88 is offline Find More Posts by skyair88
Old Apr 05, 2015, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by ptquad
DP Designs, llc
United States, MI, Roscommon
Joined Feb 2015
35 Posts
Yes please
ptquad is offline Find More Posts by ptquad
Old Apr 07, 2015, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by Moondo Choi
Joined Jan 2015
4 Posts
When can I buy the p2 pro controller ?

I had a p2 controller and that is well working . Very stable . So I want to buy the p2 pro controller . but I can't find the p2 pro selling site. When do you produce the p2 pro? and When can I buy the p2 pro ?
Moondo Choi is offline Find More Posts by Moondo Choi
Old May 20, 2015, 02:20 PM
Find More Posts by isalfi
Joined Mar 2014
26 Posts
You can buy from ali express
isalfi is offline Find More Posts by isalfi
Old Jun 08, 2015, 06:28 PM
Find More Posts by Crossrock
Australia
Joined Feb 2014
46 Posts
Jiyi p2 faq

Hardware Installation Questions

What type of aircraft does P2 flight controller support?
A: P2 supports Quad-rotor I4, X4 / Hex-rotor I6, X6, IY6, Y6, we suggest aircraft wheelbase not exceed 750mm. The controller does not support helicopter and airplane.

How to install P2 flight controller?
A: Please install P2 on or near the weight centre of aircraft, make sure the arrow on P2 is pointing to the of nose of the aircraft. Please refer to the manual for details. Manual download: http://www.jiyiuav.com/en/content-188.html?siteid=2

Why does my aircraft flip over when take off?
A: 1. Please check that the rotation direction of the motors and the propellers are correct.
Please check that the ESCs are connected in the correct ports of the flight controller.
Please make sure you choose the correct mixer type of aircraft in the software.

Does the P2 flight controller need power from BEC ESCs?
A: No, the P2 flight controller has a power module, there is no need to power from BEC. ESC s with BEC will not affect the usage of the P2.

Why cant I enter the compass calibration mode?
A: 1. Please make sure your transmitter is calibrated correctly, and the stick movement direction of each channel is the same as shown in the software.
Please assign CH6 as GO HOME position.

I already calibrated the compass, why is the self test in the software still saying need compass calibration?
A: 1.You may have calibrated the compass incorrectly, please calibrate the compass again.
If you do the calibration indoors, please keep away from magnetic and metal objects. We suggest calibration in performed in an open space outdoors. Please do not launch the aircraft from a metal object.
If an error still appears after these operations, the compass module may be damaged. Please contact us for support.

The self test shows passed but I still cant unlock/arm the aircraft, why?
A: 1. Please make sure your transmitter is calibrated correctly and the stick movement direction of each channel is the same as shown in the software.
If the aircraft is in GPS mode, you need to wait until the GPS finds enough satellites. (LED single blinking). If the aircraft is in Stable mode and in an area without a good GPS signal (such as indoors), after getting GPS lock the LED turns from double blinking to single blinking, it means the flight controller is ready to arm. If after arming the motors are not spinning, please refer to question 8.

I am sure I unlocked/armed successfully, but the motors are not spinning, why?
A: P2 flight controller will give motors 10% of throttle as idle speed after arming. If the motors are not spinning after arming, please follow below:
Please make sure each ESC and motor is working properly.
Please make sure each ESC is calibrated correctly, please calibrate again if necessary.
It is known that our P2 flight controller has some compatibility problems with some ESC (like some of XXD and Simonk ESC). After powering on the aircraft, the ESCs will not give a normal tone after pre-flight self-test. (Please refer to your ESC manual). To solve, try powering the flight controller and ESC separately: e.g.
Power the P2 with a USB cable first, and then power the aircraft via battery, after the ESC self-test is successful, remove the USB cable from the P2.
B. Disconnect the POW cable of the P2 flight controller, power on the aircraft, and then connect the POW cable to the P2.
We will solve this problem in next firmware update.

Which mode do I use on my transmitter?
A: Please set your transmitter to airplane mode.

Why does my aircraft drift to one side in GPS mode?
A:
Please calibrate the accelerometer again.
Please make sure you are using a good quality transmitter, and calibrate the transmitter and ESC correctly.
Please set the GPS antenna as high as possible, and away from the motor and ESC to avoid interference.

The aircraft is shaking when flying and doesn't keep a stable at altitude, what to do?
A: Please slightly reduce the pitch value till aircraft is stable.

The aircraft is circling when hovering, what to do?
A: 1. Please make sure the arrow on the P2 is pointing to the of nose of the aircraft. 2. Please recalibrate the compass. 3. The electronic compass may be suffering from interference, please fly in a open space outdoor.

Does the P2 flight controller support OSD and ground station? Can I use a third party OSD and ground station?
A: P2 flight controller supports OSD and ground stations released by JIYI company. Third party products are not supported.

Software Questions
What operation system does the P2 flight controller software support?
A: Our software supports Window XP, 7 and 8, both 32 bit and 64 bit, and IOS X operation system.

Why cant I install the P2 flight controller driver?
A: 1. Please do not use GHOST operating system to install the driver. You can try to install in other computers.
2. Please see 0ReadMe file before installing the software.

Why cant I connect the P2 flight controller in the software? The software can not read data from the flight controller?
A: 1. Please make sure you install the driver correctly.
After connecting the controller to computer, please wait till the LED on PMU lights, then click connect in the software.

What is the auto landing and alarm in the low voltage fail safe setting? How do I set it?
A: Alarm means the LED will be a blinking alarm when the battery voltage become low. When the voltage of the battery drops to the first alarm setting, the LED will triple blink, and when voltage drops to second alarm, the LED will blink rapidly. You must land the aircraft immediately. We suggest setting the first alarm at 3.7V and the second alarm at 3.5V.
Auto landing means when the battery voltage gets lower than the second alarm voltage, the aircraft will land below its present position. However, the flight controller cant detect if the area below the aircraft is suitable for landing or not so we suggest setting the alarm and land the aircraft manually when reaching the low battery voltage.

What is the meaning of display voltage and measure voltage in the voltage calibration? How do I set it?
A: The display voltage is the battery voltage detected by the PMU of the flight controller. Measure voltage is the real battery voltage. The display voltage and the real battery voltage may differ. We suggest you measure the real voltage by a multimeter, fill in the measured voltage and click Calibrate to finish the voltage calibration.
This is not a mandatory setting, you can arm and fly your aircraft without setting any voltages.

What is the fly feeling and return to home? How to set it?
A: Our P2 flight controller has a unique function of one key switch for fly feeling. We have soft feeling and sport feeling available. In soft feeling mode, the aircraft responds softly and gently, which is very suitable for a beginner. In sport feeling mode, the aircraft responds fast and more suitable for an experienced user. For a PWM receiver, you need to set the fly feeling in the software and save it to the flight controller. For SBUS, PPM receiver, you can use CH7 to switch between modes.
The Return Home setting is the flight height when you activate the return home. The default flight height is 20M. When return home is activated, the aircraft will fly up or down to 20M, and then fly back and land on the position where the aircraft was unlocked/armed.

What is headless mode?
A: Headless mode is also called Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC). The flight controller will record the nose of aircraft as fixed front direction when it is armed. No matter what direction the nose of the aircraft faces the aircraft will fly according to stick input. e.g. forward is always forward no matter the direction of the nose. Pulling back on the stick will bring the aircraft back to you.
If the aircraft is armed in stabilized mode with a GPS lock (as suggested) you can change in and out of all 3 modes without disarming.

How to upgrade to a new firmware? Do I need to calibrate again after upgrade?
A: 1. Please connect the P2 flight controller to your computer and making sure you have good internet access then find the P2Uploader and open it.
Click upgrade and wait till the download is completed.
The upgrade program may ask you to power off the flight controller and re-connect during the upgrade. Please make sure the flight controller is totally powered off including the power from aircraft and USB and then connect to the computer again. Please wait till the upgrade finishes.
After the upgrade is finished, please recalibrate the transmitter and accelerometer.
Crossrock is offline Find More Posts by Crossrock
Old Jun 23, 2015, 02:17 AM
Find More Posts by JIYI UAV
Joined Dec 2014
31 Posts
P2 pro Official version

JIYI P2 pro new official silver version.
JIYI UAV is offline Find More Posts by JIYI UAV
Old Jun 29, 2015, 03:29 PM
Find More Posts by Kawi5024
Joined Jun 2015
16 Posts
I can't get my p2 to contact my computer windows 7 says unrecognizable devise.
Kawi5024 is offline Find More Posts by Kawi5024
Old Jul 02, 2015, 02:36 AM
Find More Posts by jiyi
Joined Dec 2014
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyair88 View Post
When is OSD release?
Hi, Please follow our facebook mainpage JIYI Robotics Co., Ltd.
for the latest news. I have also posted some pictures here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post32047764
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 02, 2015, 02:47 AM
Find More Posts by jiyi
Joined Dec 2014
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondo Choi View Post
I had a p2 controller and that is well working . Very stable . So I want to buy the p2 pro controller . but I can't find the p2 pro selling site. When do you produce the p2 pro? and When can I buy the p2 pro ?
Hi sir,

our P2 pro have already released, you can buy it from:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/product/B00YXAGV24

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...240270125.html
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 08, 2015, 04:59 AM
Find More Posts by andresgaldon
Joined Aug 2015
1 Posts
jiyi p2

hello, because only tear engines with usb , then fly very well .
andresgaldon is offline Find More Posts by andresgaldon
Old Feb 07, 2016, 04:42 AM
Find More Posts by brat002
Joined Feb 2015
48 Posts
Where to get android groundstation?
brat002 is offline Find More Posts by brat002