HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 21, 2014, 02:08 AM
FBC
Joined Nov 2008
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Any wire should work for that. You should be able to jumper it with some strands of servo wire no problem. You will need to solder it though, glue will not give you a good connection.

Andrew
Thanks a lot. I'll do it in that way. Thanks again.
FBC is offline Find More Posts by FBC
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2014, 08:52 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,908 Posts
Startup/Shutdown Automated Timing with Spektrum Airware

Here are the transmitter settings using a Spektrum DX9 sequence and two mixes for an E-flite Carbon Z Cub. This setup also provides a throttle cut capability for safety replacing the Throttle Cut function. You may need to tweak some settings as indicated on the sheet depending on the airplane sound file and ESC used.

I set this up on switch H and it works perfectly. If you are using a ESC like Castle and can fine tune the low idle and startup, you can adjust the startup for slow prop spin before the engine "coughs" to life.

Very exciting result.

PS It remains to be seen if the sequence function will become available on Spektrum DX7 and DX8 as they upgrade those radios to the new format.
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Aug 21, 2014, 02:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
Here are the transmitter settings using a Spektrum DX9 sequence and two mixes for an E-flite Carbon Z Cub. This setup also provides a throttle cut capability for safety replacing the Throttle Cut function. You may need to tweak some settings as indicated on the sheet depending on the airplane sound file and ESC used.

I set this up on switch H and it works perfectly. If you are using a ESC like Castle and can fine tune the low idle and startup, you can adjust the startup for slow prop spin before the engine "coughs" to life.

Very exciting result.

PS It remains to be seen if the sequence function will become available on Spektrum DX7 and DX8 as they upgrade those radios to the new format.
Tony,
Many thanks to you for putting this together! I do not have a DX9 myself, but an older JR. I am not sure how much of this may be useful, but I am definitely going to give it a try. I will be putting this up on the manuals page shorty if you don't mind. I think it will help a lot of people out there.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 21, 2014, 04:36 PM
Arrowhead
Joined Dec 2010
1,225 Posts
I'll be giving this a shot, for sure! Thanks for sharing.
CF105 is online now Find More Posts by CF105
Old Aug 22, 2014, 08:49 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,908 Posts
You are welcome. I am going on travel again, but next week I am going to program the sequence for the Merlin for the Parkzone Mosquito. This will give me an idea of what parameters must be changed from model to model.
tclaridge is offline Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Aug 23, 2014, 05:42 AM
United States, IL, Cypress
Joined Sep 2013
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
You are welcome. I am going on travel again, but next week I am going to program the sequence for the Merlin for the Parkzone Mosquito. This will give me an idea of what parameters must be changed from model to model.
I just installed the 4.1 with 4 speakers and amp in a 1700mm P-47 and a 1700mm redtail. I am doing it manual because I cant figure out any other way to do it with spektrum and I have a new DX9. So I am definitely interested in your work on this. Thank you for what you have shared thus far
benjack71 is offline Find More Posts by benjack71
Old Aug 23, 2014, 05:51 AM
United States, IL, Cypress
Joined Sep 2013
31 Posts
Ok, so as mentioned earlier I installed two of the version 4.1 with amp and four speaker set up. One in 1700mm redtail mustang the other in 1700mm P-47. Mustang is great, no problems, it is loud, loud, loud. P-47 not so great. The sound keeps cutting out. The amp will cut out or the module, usually its the amp. I turned the amp down and it seems to almost fix it. The main board isnt cutting out with its two speakers as much but still cuts out enough I have to keep the sound turned down over halfway for it not to. The amp is turned down over half as well. I have checked and double checked and I can not find anything wrong with the set up. Like I said the mustang is fine it works great. These tests have all been done with canopy off in an airconditioned shop.
benjack71 is offline Find More Posts by benjack71
Old Aug 23, 2014, 06:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjack71 View Post
Ok, so as mentioned earlier I installed two of the version 4.1 with amp and four speaker set up. One in 1700mm redtail mustang the other in 1700mm P-47. Mustang is great, no problems, it is loud, loud, loud. P-47 not so great. The sound keeps cutting out. The amp will cut out or the module, usually its the amp. I turned the amp down and it seems to almost fix it. The main board isnt cutting out with its two speakers as much but still cuts out enough I have to keep the sound turned down over halfway for it not to. The amp is turned down over half as well. I have checked and double checked and I can not find anything wrong with the set up. Like I said the mustang is fine it works great. These tests have all been done with canopy off in an airconditioned shop.
That should not be happening. What you are hearing is what would happen if the PTC fuse was hitting the limit. The way it works is it is rated at 1.8A continuous. It actually heats up to the temp equivalent of 1.8A, and then cuts out to protect the card. IT SHOULD NOT happen at all, and if it did, it would happen on a hot day, to raise the temp artificially.

That tells me there may be something wrong with the PTC fuse. If it does not straiten out I can replace the fuse, send you a new fuse if you are comfortable with a soldering iron, or I can tell you how to bypass it. It is there for protection from over voltage and backwards connections, but if everything is working OK, and you are not worried about the protection, we can bypass the PTC fuse.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:13 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,479 Posts
Andrew I have the 4.1 with one TT-25 and it functions fine. I bought a new TT-25 and no joy. The two will not play at the same time. I checked the TT-25 on the same pin as the original and it works fine but when you plug either in as a second speaker with both positive leads inward the second one does not work. Is this a bad card or am I doing something wrong?

Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:21 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiusedtoBe View Post
Andrew I have the 4.1 with one TT-25 and it functions fine. I bought a new TT-25 and no joy. The two will not play at the same time. I checked the TT-25 on the same pin as the original and it works fine but when you plug either in as a second speaker with both positive leads inward the second one does not work. Is this a bad card or am I doing something wrong?

Alan
Hi Alan,
Let's swap that card out for you. If it is not working on the one plug, it sounds like it may be a problem with the amplifier chip. Test out both speakers/transducers on both ports. If it is just the one side, it has to be an amplifier problem. Once you verify it for me, send me a PM and I will walk you through the RMA process and get a new card in the mail to you first thing Monday if we can.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 24, 2014, 07:05 PM
Volt-action...
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Apr 2005
239 Posts
Hi Andrew,

Have you put a TT25 on Depron foam? Is it too stiff/dense - if you want more bass, would you use a softer foam like EPP?

Thanks,
John
monjo is online now Find More Posts by monjo
Last edited by monjo; Aug 24, 2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 09:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjo View Post
Hi Andrew,

Have you put a TT25 on Depron foam? Is it too stiff/dense - if you want more bass, would you use a softer foam like EPP?

Thanks,
John
Hi John,
Yes, use epoxy. It sounds great on Depron, but you may want to double the thickness where you mount it. I have not tried it in the air, but on the ground it is great. Tone is a little lacking, but volume is through the roof.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 06, 2014, 01:56 PM
Volt-action...
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Apr 2005
239 Posts
I have 4 flights on my Hangar 9 Spitfire (81" wingspan) and she sounds and flies great! Wonderful product and service... the best of the best. Thanks again Andrew!

v4.1 Mrrcsound system, with aux amp
2 standard TT25's
2 bass transducers.
Getting 101dB at 1 meter. (Based on info in this thread, I could probably get it louder by removing some balsa sheeting, but I'm happy with the current sound.)

For more information and pictures, go to this post in the Spitfire thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=825
monjo is online now Find More Posts by monjo
Last edited by monjo; Sep 06, 2014 at 02:44 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2014, 12:34 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monjo View Post
I have 4 flights on my Hangar 9 Spitfire (81" wingspan) and she sounds and flies great! Wonderful product and service... the best of the best. Thanks again Andrew!

v4.1 Mrrcsound system, with aux amp
2 standard TT25's
2 bass transducers.
Getting 101dB at 1 meter. (Based on info in this thread, I could probably get it louder by removing some balsa sheeting, but I'm happy with the current sound.)

For more information and pictures, go to this post in the Spitfire thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=825
Thank you for the report and kind words!!! Glad things are working well for you on the system.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 10, 2014, 04:43 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
545 Posts
Hi guys!

Andrew! I´m very content with the Hispano Suiza V8 in my PZ SE5a.

SE5a MrRcSound (3 min 54 sec)

The link is now sctive
Cheers Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Last edited by lassehellsten; Sep 11, 2014 at 12:32 AM.