SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:51 AM
Great Britain
Joined Dec 2008
1,641 Posts
pictures? nothing at your web address either
MrBen. is online now Find More Posts by MrBen.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:26 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
Here are some pictures

Cyclops-E (EPO Foam) Specifications and Performance

Cruise Speed ~ 32 knots
Max speed ~ 110 knots
Stall speed @5.1 lbs ~ 12 knots
Climb Rate > 2000 ft/min
Wingspan ~ 101 in
Wing area ~ 598 sq in
Fuselage Length ~ 52 in
Configuration options included in kit: T Tail & V Tail, Belly Wheel
Materials: EPO Foam - Wings, Fuselage and Tail; Carbon Fiber - Tail boom, Wing spars and Tail support components; Plywood - Internal structure & support; Wood, Plastic – Misc. parts.
Asia Tech Drones is offline Find More Posts by Asia Tech Drones
Last edited by Asia Tech Drones; Apr 24, 2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:08 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,370 Posts
so were these made in the moulds Wayne designed and paid for?
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:14 AM
Joined May 2010
959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
so were these made in the moulds Wayne designed and paid for?
Oh oh. Story time? Background please!
Deadstick 8409 is online now Find More Posts by Deadstick 8409
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:18 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jan 2013
20 Posts
Do you have any pictures of an actual built plane instead of those 3D renderings? Thanks
UAV.APM is offline Find More Posts by UAV.APM
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:30 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,509 Posts
nice!
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Last edited by rclab1; Mar 24, 2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:33 AM
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
No these were made in MY moulds.....They are not the Techpod....But keep following this thread.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:40 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,586 Posts
Wow, blatant rip-off! Not nicely done Asia Tech Drones! Do you guys do ANY design by yourself?
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:47 AM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,509 Posts
....one word, "COMPETITION".....
Last edited by rclab1; Jan 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:49 AM
United States, RI, Cumberland
Joined Mar 2008
249 Posts
they even mention the tech pod in the first post and the they havent even delivered the techpods yet. Once the design for the tech pods were sent to china you could had kissed them goobye
Qnzkrew is offline Find More Posts by Qnzkrew
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:59 AM
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
Glad you asked.....Story time it is. This is a "Cut and paste" clip I took out of an email describing the current situation between Hobby UAV (Wayne Garris) and EVUAS (me John Smith) and now Asia Tech Drones S.A. Wayne tried to get me banned from DIY Drones and this was one of many other actions taken. Lawyers included. Sorry it's so long but it was a three year running story....

" I am certain that this email is not the kind you want to read first thing in your morning but never the less It certainly
needs to be told. Someone in your position needs to get the gravity of what’s being sprayed out there to your
followers / members etc. of the DIY Drones readers, followers / members and the whole FPV/UAV world as we know it.

As of late, I have been working with XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX team on launching my “Cyclops”
which is based upon the EVUAS Inc. owned and developed “Techpod” that Wayne Garris falsely claims is all his
own. I wanted to fill you in on the truth of what and where things are at with regards to the Techpod Vs. Cyclops
and it’s origins.

Wayne has “Duped” the Kickstarter supporters, FPV/UAV community, DIY Drones members, etc. into thinking he
was the sole guy involved with the development of this product. Plain and simple he was a paid contractor for
EVUAS to do this work. I started EVUAS back in 2009 and Wayne was offered a partnership in the company.
Documents were sent for him to sign but he never did execute them. So he was hired to do design work on
EVUAS products and was paid as a contractor to do so. Paid for a couple of years plus many other benefits
were provided him. I have the copies of all expense receipts and the 1099 forms I sent to him and the IRS to
prove so. I filed the EVUAS Corporate tax returns. Have the K-1’s to show as well. EVUAS used to sell the first
version of the Techpod on eBay that was a wood Fuselage based plane with EPP foam cut wings. This point and
many others is very easy to verify and I encourage anyone who is going to get involved with this situation, to do
so. Just go on the DIY Drones website and in the upper right hand search box, just type in Techpod. Click through
the links that come up and after a few pages, it will become pretty darn clear what went on and “Who” all was
involved. I can’t make this up or fabricate it...it is just the way it is. Out of almost $200,000 of investment into
EVUAS including a truck, inventory, electronics, tools, computers, foam cutter CNC, etc., etc., etc., all of which I
bought for EVUAS to use for the development of this and other planes and product designs including the “Maple”
Autopilot, now Wayne has decided that he does not need me or the company who paid for all this and has gone
“Rouge”. To add insult to injury; After I bought and paid for, shipped the Prototype Techpod to Wayne, he went out
and did the Kickstarter program totally on his own without my input or approval and basically lied to the group and it’s supporters. He has started his new website and has ported my website traffic (EVUAS.com) to his (HobbyUAV.com).....Wayne is a talented engineer but unfortunately a fraud and a cheat on the other hand. I do and will still have great respect for his work and talents but not applied in an honest and forthright way, basically negates all the positives. Spending more money on Lawyers is always an option and it may well end up at that. I am trying to attempt to avoid this if possible...So that’s the quick and “Dirty” story....Unfortunately ALL TRUE.

So on to a more meaningful discussion: I have renamed the plane“Cyclops”. I have made a couple modifications to the design that Wayne ended up with. I am offering both “T” and “V” tail version included in the kit. I have also included a wheel option in the kit too. The customer can cut the foam plug out and glue this in if he wants or not. You can switch back and forth
between “T” tail configuration or the “V” tail config at your choice. Both options are included in the kit. I am starting with a ARF
kit first then will offer a RTF version in the next few weeks after the ARF kits go on sale. Max and I have also been working
on a fully composite version of the plane too. This actually will be done in a few weeks from now. The production foam moulds are being
made for the EPO version at this time. Production samples will be done in 3 days after that. I’m trying to get them both done before Chinese New Years comes around. "

Since this email I have been reinstated but found that all my posts and pictures that were there for years on the DIY Drones site have been erased like it never existed....Only two out of dozens remain but you can see the timeline on what is left and tell that this was back in 2010 when we were selling the original Techpod via ebay store. So if you have any other questions just ask. I'm an open book. Thanks for asking.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:06 PM
Joined Jan 2013
430 Posts
It started out as the same EXACT airframe from the same exact plans. It flies the same or better. I have fixed all the major weak points that were shortfalls on the Techpod. Wayne was in a hurry to get his version out. Wayne used World Models to build his. I did not use them. Yes Wayne Garris was the designer and I (EVUAS Inc.) paid him to do this job. I have the 1099's to prove it.
Last edited by Asia Tech Drones; May 25, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:06 PM
USA
Joined May 2010
4,509 Posts
edit....(great plane here)
Last edited by rclab1; Mar 24, 2014 at 09:35 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:09 PM
United States, RI, Cumberland
Joined Mar 2008
249 Posts
Anyways..... i want one lol
Qnzkrew is offline Find More Posts by Qnzkrew