HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:05 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Discussion
Romney's Geopolitical Whiff!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/willia...b_1953140.html

Even as President Barack Obama struggles to deal with several crises, and to recover from his sleepy Denver debate performance, Romney continues to struggle with having a critique, let alone a coherent policy!

On Iraq, Romney actually criticized the US withdrawal!

On Afghanistan, Romney's language seemed vague and conditional, but critical of Obama's plan to withdraw by the end of 2014. So much for the thought he might want to get out of a bad situation!

On Libya, Romney had little of substance, after disastrously claiming last month that the Obama Administration sympathized with the people who attacked the US mission in Benghazi and embassy in Cairo!

There's no excuse for Obama's poor debate performance, but he undoubtedly had other things on his mind.

Like major developments in Iran, where the economy is in danger of collapse after months of tough international sanctions against the Tehran regime's nuclear program.

Like the specter of war between Turkey and Syria after repeated border incidents spurred by the deaths of five Turkish civilians, killed by a Syrian mortar shell.

Like his dispatch of major US naval forces to flash points the far western Pacific in the South China Sea and the East China Sea.
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:23 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Like his realization that his Middle East foreign policies are unravelling before his very eyes only weeks before the election, and the Libya situation is coming apart on him to the point where it's looking like a Nixonian coverup.

Maybe that's why he was distracted.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/0...st-news/190212
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:55 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
From the article:

Quote:
On the multi-dimensional crisis in Syria, Romney declared: "The President has failed to lead in Syria." But he neglected to say what he would do.
Since when was it the job of the US president to ''lead'' in any foreign country? Americans should ask themselves how they would feel about any other country ''leading'' in the US, and how they would react if it were to happen. Would they take up arms and attack the foreign ''leader,'' like folk in the middle east are doing now?

Here's another article:

Quote:
The speech that Mitt Romney gave Monday ought to make every American nervous about what he and his ideological team would do if permitted to direct U.S. foreign policy. What a debacle.

Despite the years of improvised explosive devices and the thousands of dead American troops, Romney insists that "there is a longing for American leadership in the Middle East...
Does anybody actually believe this?

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:51 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Romney wants the job - the kudos - the status - the legend in history and his name writ large the world over.

Think about it - he's got money - success in business - he's content with his religion and marriage - family, got the big house and cars and all, so what's left before he departs this earth!

Hey I know - politics - perhaps I could even be President of the USA!

Now that's a loose cannon and it's scary stuff to contemplate!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:55 AM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,715 Posts
That speech of Romneys told me little to nothing will change in US foreign policy's.
After watching it live I became convinced he keeps his plans obscure for good reason.
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:57 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
Romney wants the job - the kudos - the status - the legend in history and his name writ large the world over.

Think about it - he's got money - success in business - he's content with his religion and marriage - family, got the big house and cars and all, so what's left before he departs this earth!

that's right. That's exactly how it works here. If this guy thinks he can make a difference in our country, then he has every right to run.

4 years ago this President was a junior Senator from Illinois with zero foreign policy experience, and now you're touting him as some foreign policy wizard?
Tim Jonas is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:00 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard View Post
That speech of Romneys told me little to nothing will change in US foreign policy's.
After watching it live I became convinced he keeps his plans obscure for good reason.
I am confused, is Romney keeping his plans "secret" or is the President keeping them secret. After all we have spent a week talking about what Romney said when the President offered NOTHING in his side of the debate.

Clearly Obama's policies have been a failure yet what is he doing to do differently. We have no idea. So before we rag on Romney who at least gave us a 5 point plan... lets find out from the Prez, what in the heck are you going to do?
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:42 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Jonas View Post
that's right. That's exactly how it works here. If this guy thinks he can make a difference in our country, then he has every right to run.

4 years ago this President was a junior Senator from Illinois with zero foreign policy experience, and now you're touting him as some foreign policy wizard?
Well compared with the one before he's proved a positive genuis
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:08 AM
Mr Mootsie
Pepperell, MA, USA
Joined Jan 2001
2,565 Posts
Quote:
That's the difference, then. I am not comparing him to anything before or after. His actions and performance stand alone.
Tim Jonas is offline Find More Posts by Tim Jonas
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:14 AM
Huntington Beach
Joined Aug 2000
728 Posts
Quote:
Really? Like running around the world licking the sphincter of every foreign dignitary he can get his hands on while negotiation away U.S. influences and power? The world doesnít like any more than before; their laughing at us.
Buran is offline Find More Posts by Buran
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:22 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
683 Posts
Quote:
Check your calendar, bro, its twenty-twelve. That guy isn't in office and isn't even in the running. Let it go, man, just let it go.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:45 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buran View Post
Really? Like running around the world licking the sphincter of every foreign dignitary he can get his hands on while negotiation away U.S. influences and power? The world doesnít like any more than before; their laughing at us.

they're (sorry....)

No repeat of 9/11 (or anything like it...) suggests that he's a tad sharper than the last guy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:46 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Check your calendar, bro, its twenty-twelve. That guy isn't in office and isn't even in the running. Let it go, man, just let it go.
Check yours - there's an election coming up next month and a candidate as inept as Bush hoping for a job
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:53 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Quote:

OR.......

Take a young kid who never had a job, was raised by Communist parents, becomes a radical "community organizer", and then one day wakes up and says to himself:

Somewhere in Kenya, there is a rock missing it's commie. Perhaps soon, Obama will bring his old rock and set it on the White House lawn.
Then again, he doesn't have to hide under it any more now that being commie and in politics at the same time is "the shizzle!".
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:53 AM
Registered Broncos Fan!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
683 Posts
Quote:
Check yours - there's an election coming up next month and a candidate as inept as Bush hoping for a job
Yeah, but hopefully his last four years as POTUS will be evidence enough for the voters to remove him and give someone else a chance to slow down this train wreck.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E