HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2011, 12:18 AM
Joined May 2011
5 Posts
Discussion
RS4 Sport 2 Problem

I posted this in cars so i thought id post it here because it seems more logical V.V

Post 1: Faint

Hellooo, so the other day I braught a HPI RS4 Sport 2 Nitro with a GSM 2000 motor in it. I had a few issues since. I braught a new air filter and a new radio (step brother lost his one :/) so i swapped out the servo's and battery pack so on. so all the radio control's all work fine (i,e throttle/steering) but i dont believe i configured it correctly (keep reading)

So I couldnt get it going so I went and got a new glow ignitor, this fixed my issue so i got the car started/kicking over with the ignitor in it, but it sounds like its reving really low. I open the throttle up completly and it still sounds alot lower than its meant to be. How do I tune this so its normal (guides so on). So im happy i got it to run (ive had problems with the pull start so im constantly pulling it apart and repairing it).

Once I remove the glow ignitor though, it cuts out. once it kept going for about 2 seconds then it cut out again, so i called m toys toyworld, and he informed me that it could be either of 2 things, the glow plug is dead or the mixture is too rich. so how do i, fix this :S

Post 2: Buy a new glow plug They are about $8.00 I like O.S.

http://www.hpiracing.com/instructions/instruct-s2.htm

Here is the Manual. Start buy turning the high speed needle all the way in .then back it out 3 turns try starting there. turn it in in small steps less then a 1/4 turn . I would replace the pull start with the roto start unit from HPI.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMVD8&P=ML

Post 3:

Thanks for the reply yeah I pulled my pullstart apart and its working fine (for now) Im at work and i cant really test it till i go home. but thats all fine now, ill probably still get a new one. also, i asked about getting an 'easy start' but i was told they wont fit my motor.

Thanks ill get a new glow plug tomorrow

and for the tuning, ill do that and see if i can get it to work at all.
Fa1nt is offline Find More Posts by Fa1nt
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined May 2011
5 Posts
So I had it working, with the ignitor, but not ive decided, after all the cofuffle of getting a new pullstart which is llike, $50? and a new glow plug which is, 10. im going to get a whole new motor for about $100 (i think its a 2.5cc (.15ci)). so that will solve all my problems
Fa1nt is offline Find More Posts by Fa1nt
Old May 15, 2011, 10:29 AM
Joined Jun 2008
731 Posts
if your new to nitro it can be a pain to learn
look for nitro tunning and breaking in vids

buy a name brand engine also
redlined_b16a is offline Find More Posts by redlined_b16a
Old May 15, 2011, 01:47 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007