SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Jul 10, 2011, 07:10 PM
Registered User
cliffkot's Avatar
Joined Jun 2010
652 Posts
Record Time

What is the record time with a 4GB chip?

Does anyone know the weight of both the original and jumbo versions?

I did check the first few posts and could not find the answer. if I missed something, I apologize.

Cliff
cliffkot is online now Find More Posts by cliffkot
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2011, 07:30 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
1 Posts
So what fw should i use on my #11 - one of the rev2's posted in this thread or the jumbo one? as for ts I personally dont care if its on or off by default - however it would be easy using the txt editing trick in the root dir instead of reflashing each time you want it on and off.
krimson is offline Find More Posts by krimson
Old Jul 10, 2011, 07:32 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffkot View Post
What is the record time with a 4GB chip?

Does anyone know the weight of both the original and jumbo versions?

I did check the first few posts and could not find the answer. if I missed something, I apologize.

Cliff
Record time of a 4GB chip will vary a bit depending on the variable bit rate the camera uses based on the scene complexity. But it should be more than 3 hours but less than 4 hours.

I haven't seen any weight numbers for the Jumbo... maybe some one who has one will weigh and post here? The original small version weighs about 17 gms or so.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 10, 2011, 07:35 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
So what fw should i use on my #11 - one of the rev2's posted in this thread or the jumbo one? as for ts I personally dont care if its on or off by default - however it would be easy using the txt editing trick in the root dir instead of reflashing each time you want it on and off.
The firmware is the same for both Original and Jumbo #11 sizes. There is no text editing trick to turn time stamp on/off with the #11... it has to be done by flashing in the proper firmware.... maybe you knew that and were just stating wishfull thinking?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 10, 2011, 08:29 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Record time of a 4GB chip will vary a bit depending on the variable bit rate the camera uses based on the scene complexity. But it should be more than 3 hours but less than 4 hours.

I haven't seen any weight numbers for the Jumbo... maybe some one who has one will weigh and post here? The original small version weighs about 17 gms or so.
The real limitation is the battery. On the Jumbo it's 80-120 minutes.

I am surprised in reading some of the earlier posts about the life of the batteries. Is it really only about 6 months?

If so, I'll be ordering two new cameras in about 5 months, because replacing batteries seems like more than $50.00 labor to me.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Jul 10, 2011, 08:41 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
The real limitation is the battery. On the Jumbo it's 80-120 minutes.

I am surprised in reading some of the earlier posts about the life of the batteries. Is it really only about 6 months?

If so, I'll be ordering two new cameras in about 5 months, because replacing batteries seems like more than $50.00 labor to me.
I think the inquiry on the capacity of a 4GB flash card was assuming an external power supply were used, but if not, then you are correct.

You'll be lucky to get 6 months cycle life on these cheap batteries, and only then if you don't shoot a lot of video.

Rreplacing batteries is pretty easy, actually. Don't toss your cameras if they just need a new battery! Or if you do, toss them my way!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 10, 2011, 09:13 PM
Drifting off the reservation..
JumpySticks's Avatar
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I think the inquiry on the capacity of a 4GB flash card was assuming an external power supply were used, but if not, then you are correct.

You'll be lucky to get 6 months cycle life on these cheap batteries, and only then if you don't shoot a lot of video.

Rreplacing batteries is pretty easy, actually. Don't toss your cameras if they just need a new battery! Or if you do, toss them my way!
Will do!

The speed at which technology changes, we'll probably have keycams with a 360 degree view in 6 months.
JumpySticks is online now Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Old Jul 10, 2011, 11:11 PM
Agricultural flyer
mixer421's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffkot View Post
What is the record time with a 4GB chip?

Does anyone know the weight of both the original and jumbo versions?

I did check the first few posts and could not find the answer. if I missed something, I apologize.

Cliff
My Jumbo weighs 25gm according to Mrs Mixer's kitchen scales.
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Old Jul 11, 2011, 01:56 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
.......Generic eBay cards from eBay should be avoided at all cost... many are rejects.
This is a good piece of advice which i will follow in the future.. i just ran H2testw on my eBay generic microSd card.. here's the report:

The media is likely to be defective.
1.8 GByte OK (3825600 sectors)
13.3 GByte DATA LOST (28067904 sectors)
Details:1 MByte overwritten (2048 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
13.3 GByte corrupted (28065856 sectors)
1 MByte aliased memory (2048 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000074bf8000
Expected: 0x0000000074bf8000
Found: 0x00000003cd400000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 2.16 MByte/s
Reading speed: 8.34 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4


so the only surprise is how i was ever getting any good videos

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jul 11, 2011, 04:40 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post


This is a good piece of advice which i will follow in the future.. i just ran H2testw on my eBay generic microSd card.. here's the report:

The media is likely to be defective.
1.8 GByte OK (3825600 sectors)
13.3 GByte DATA LOST (28067904 sectors)
Details:1 MByte overwritten (2048 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
13.3 GByte corrupted (28065856 sectors)
1 MByte aliased memory (2048 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x0000000074bf8000
Expected: 0x0000000074bf8000
Found: 0x00000003cd400000
H2testw version 1.3
Writing speed: 2.16 MByte/s
Reading speed: 8.34 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4


so the only surprise is how i was ever getting any good videos

Steve
Every new card should always be first tested with H2testw. If the card doesn't pass the test it should be returned for replacement/refund.

Testing with H2testw has been recommended many times in this, admittedly very long, thread.

Also, like Tom says, avoid generic memory cards at all costs. They are never worth it. Always keep to known brands like SanDisk, Kingston or Transcend.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Jul 11, 2011, 04:42 AM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
NightRunner417's Avatar
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Ground skimming with the 808HD #11 Keycam

For the heck of it, this is my very latest. This was my first time of learning to ground skim in FPV using the DragonLink LRS. Enormous fun, everyone should try it! :-)

EasyStar FPV 7-6-11: Learning Ground Skimming, Flown With DragonLink! (9 min 25 sec)


The cam is the 808HD #11 with an external lipo cell mod for unlimited runtime.

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Jul 11, 2011, 09:42 AM
AMA Member since 1984
Joined Jan 2010
41 Posts
I wonder if the developers are ever going to fix the continuous
close and continue on this thing.

I emailed them several times requesting this, and am still waiting.
RcNutDave is offline Find More Posts by RcNutDave
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:16 AM
Registered User
United States, NJ, North Caldwell
Joined Nov 2010
23 Posts
Ordered a 808 #11from hxelepro360 today. Lets see how long it takes.
BeefandGravy is offline Find More Posts by BeefandGravy
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:44 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post

This is a good piece of advice which i will follow in the future.. i just ran H2testw on my eBay generic microSd card.. here's the report:

...
13.3 GByte corrupted (28065856 sectors)
...
so the only surprise is how i was ever getting any good videos

Steve
Was that test done before or after formatting with SDformatter? Just curious how the formatting process went with such a trashed card.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jul 11, 2011, 03:51 PM
Registered User
Joined May 2011
34 Posts
I recently mentioned I have a malfunctioning #11 V1 camera. I thought about buying a true actioncam but didn't after all. I ordered a jumbo #11, the Audi to be exact.

Unforunately the SD card wouldn't click in place, instead, it jumped out immediately. The case had no screws at all. But I managed to get it open a little without damaging the case.

With the Audi jumbo #11, you need to put some pressure on the chrome part (on top and below) just at the edge with the black part of the housing. Then you can pull back the chrome part from the black housing.

With a flash light I examined the housing on the inside and see how the housing is clicked together. I don't think it's easy to separate the 2 black parts of the case without damaging the housing. The simple trick to remove the chrome part, doesn't work with the black parts.

Fortunately you can reach the 'click'-part of the SD slot. With a needle I lifted the little strip on top of the slot. After that, de mechanism worked again. Don't know for sure if it was the little bit of lifting that did the trick but I didn't do anything else. And 'lifting' doesn't mean lift it a millimeter but much less; don't force it out of shape!
wfvn is offline Find More Posts by wfvn
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Samurai with key cam AeroNut45 Electric Plane Talk 2 Oct 30, 2010 11:40 PM
Found found beladog FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Oct 30, 2010 01:01 PM
Discussion Any sign of True real time HD FPV gear....not secondary HD CAM ???!! khaled_abobakr FPV Talk 8 Oct 10, 2010 07:13 AM
Mini-Review Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!! imsofaman Auto Gyros 7 Sep 10, 2010 07:10 AM