SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 13, 2010, 09:20 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2009
119 Posts
Discussion
First Solo Ever

Hello everyone,

Today, I made my second flight and first solo(s) on the SSX II. It was a nice sunny day and the winds were about 5mph, albeit low 40's (Fahrenheit). The flights were easy and uneventful, which is what I preferred! This was my first build and it was a great feeling to have flown it solo it such a short period of time. The RealFlight model is so realistic that I felt comfortable with take off and landing; although I did have experienced pilots ready in case things went awry. Woohoo!

Jeff
rcHeli101 is offline Find More Posts by rcHeli101
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2010, 09:08 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcHeli101 View Post
Hello everyone,

Today, I made my second flight and first solo(s) on the SSX II. It was a nice sunny day and the winds were about 5mph, albeit low 40's (Fahrenheit). The flights were easy and uneventful, which is what I preferred! This was my first build and it was a great feeling to have flown it solo it such a short period of time. The RealFlight model is so realistic that I felt comfortable with take off and landing; although I did have experienced pilots ready in case things went awry. Woohoo!

Jeff
Congrats man!! What a great day to fly. I wish I could have joined ya, but I was stuck in the office. The walk to the car at Lunch was a killer. All I could think of was hitting the field. Glad it went well!

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jan 16, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,439 Posts
Glad to hear it went good!
You picked the perfect plane to solo on also!
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Jan 17, 2010, 10:41 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcHeli101 View Post
Hello everyone,

Jeff
Congratulations Jeff, I am glade you were successful.

James Karpy

President Millennium R/C
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member