HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:36 PM
How close are those trees?
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2008
1,883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
the 4 cell stock system is much better than most , in the 90 mph range w/ a good hi c lipo. as always clearencing and balancing the fan will go a long ways toward long life.

chuck.
Yep I was thinking in the high 90's?

I'm keen to get this one built but work is getting in the way at the moment!!
Goody63 is online now Find More Posts by Goody63
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,043 Posts
Flat spins

Hey guys,
Tried my hand at some flat spins. Inverted and normal. My buddy didin't find the zoom, but you can watch it in 1080p on large player, you can see more clearly.
Kevin
Squall flat spins (2 min 13 sec)
kmdunnster is offline Find More Posts by kmdunnster
Last edited by kmdunnster; Nov 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:25 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,108 Posts
well kinda hard to see but sounds like fun . just picked up 2 airframes w/ tv at the camarillo store at 49 each. plan on using that tv hard, i figure at that price the first one is disposable

chuck.
chas650r is offline Find More Posts by chas650r
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:29 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas650r View Post
well kinda hard to see but sounds like fun . just picked up 2 airframes w/ tv at the camarillo store at 49 each. plan on using that tv hard, i figure at that price the first one is disposable

chuck.
Definitely! This is the great thing about when a popular airframe hangs around for a long time...eventually, they an afford to sell them relatively cheaply.

What are your plans for the power system?
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:30 PM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,933 Posts
Guys,
Anyone looking for a new/in box VT unit? $10+ship takes it. Drop me a PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:32 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,108 Posts
pm sent
Old Nov 24, 2012, 02:36 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Definitely! This is the great thing about when a popular airframe hangs around for a long time...eventually, they an afford to sell them relatively cheaply.

What are your plans for the power system?
i have a 6904 at about 750 watts for starters. but the other thing i will try is a cs70 10blade , not sure how it will put up w/ the tv unit in the tailpipe, they are known to not do well restricted.

whats in yours?

chuck.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:41 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,933 Posts
VT unit is on hold for Chuck...
Chuck, if you find another one in the mean time, no worries but you have first dibs on this.

Guys, did anyone else buy the latest package as "Kit + VT unit"? Mine came with the VT unit but no linkage hardware. Did they just forget to throw the linkage in the box or was I supposed to order that seperately? I'm going to give them a call tomorrow morning.

Chuck,
The HET fan at that power level should make for a very entertaining Squall!.

Have you picked a motor for the10 blader?
As for mine, I'll berunning a CS10 blade as well, still waiting for the motor from HK. I'll keep everyone posted.

I have two motors to try on different cell counts;
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18542
and
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18543
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Chas, if the end of the vt thrust nozzle isnt 61mm you wont have a very flyable plane i dont think
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:37 PM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,108 Posts
rodger that, it's at exactly 61mm i am following the cs thread and have 1 active in another edf.

mrgtx, funny, i have both motors in stock , need to do some assambly and balancing then i can test. i am hoping that the 2300 may work in the squall on 4's so i can keep the auw down and cell size up . if not i will go to the hi kv and torture some batteries no 5's as i have way to many 4's as is.

ought to be fun!

as far as the rods go , none in my box either, and the box doesnt say they are needed items , so i am after them at h/p also. they have always been good on things like this in the past, we will see. and ya i want the tv unit if we get the rod issue dealt w/ , thanks.

chuck.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:59 AM
Garden Grove, CA
Joined Feb 2011
254 Posts
Morning New over here in the Squall world. just had to share i built a squall last week. HET 2W20 / HET 6904 / Ice 100 lite / 4s / Thrust vectoring. Carbon fiber rods all over the place.....Weighs in at 40oz.

It has stupid vertical power. And is right at 120mph level. I could probably get it faster if i ditch vectoring and us a small cone and all that.

Anyway Just had to share and thanks everyone for posting their builds. Spend a week reading before i got out glue.
parpar1 is offline Find More Posts by parpar1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:02 AM
Garden Grove, CA
Joined Feb 2011
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
VT unit is on hold for Chuck...
Chuck, if you find another one in the mean time, no worries but you have first dibs on this.

Guys, did anyone else buy the latest package as "Kit + VT unit"? Mine came with the VT unit but no linkage hardware. Did they just forget to throw the linkage in the box or was I supposed to order that seperately? I'm going to give them a call tomorrow morning.

Chuck,
The HET fan at that power level should make for a very entertaining Squall!.

Have you picked a motor for the10 blader?
As for mine, I'll berunning a CS10 blade as well, still waiting for the motor from HK. I'll keep everyone posted.

I have two motors to try on different cell counts;
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18542
and
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18543
Mine were tapped to the side of the box. I did not see the rods until i started to cut the box up for trash. Very easy to miss.
parpar1 is offline Find More Posts by parpar1
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:02 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
Mine were tapped to the side of the box. I did not see the rods until i started to cut the box up for trash. Very easy to miss.
thanks for that! i know that trick and still missed them, the way i had the box setting on the bench they were hidden behind the front edge.

chuck.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:07 AM
chuck
santa barbara, CA
Joined May 2009
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parpar1 View Post
Morning New over here in the Squall world. just had to share i built a squall last week. HET 2W20 / HET 6904 / Ice 100 lite / 4s / Thrust vectoring. Carbon fiber rods all over the place.....Weighs in at 40oz.

It has stupid vertical power. And is right at 120mph level. I could probably get it faster if i ditch vectoring and us a small cone and all that.

Anyway Just had to share and thanks everyone for posting their builds. Spend a week reading before i got out glue.
how big of a battery did u use? i have had a few different auw setups and really liked the lighter one but...... i want lots of power to use w/ the tv this time and that will take the bigger battery, hope it still works ok a bit porky

chuck.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Nov 2012
15 Posts
sorry but i dont know what all the fuss is about the phase 3 f16 . i had one after a couple of fantoms which were slow , noist but stable. had 4 funjets on 4 cells , very good, just a bit small and non-scale. i think the f16 s a bit over rated
boxster is offline Find More Posts by boxster