HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Apr 2007
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg2go View Post
Actually you can put them in the wrong way!

The included male to male leads have only one end with a keyed Futaba style connector. The other end can go on either way.

So have you confirmed that the black wire is nearest the board (both sides)?
I´m using JR RX so there is no way to connect FUTABA end too it. And yes I did checked and even switched them
TimeWheel is offline Find More Posts by TimeWheel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:36 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
Just about finished my wiring harness but have a question. I am running an external bec so have clipped the positive from the esc to the Rx, i remember reading a while back that i should also clip the ground to prevent a ground loop. Is this correct?
Hi nogas,
yes, that´s correct! only connect the signal to prevent a ground loop.
otherwise the loop is: battery - esc - osd - rx - bec - battery (minus-wires).
cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
Old Flying Bastard
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jun 2011
394 Posts
Does anyone suceed to use a compass with osd ? Gps based heading is kind of useless with heli & multicopter when hovering or flying slow.

I'd really like eagletree realease a protocol trought serial to receive flight controler sensor data ( Compass, Gps, attitude ).

We already have good tilt compensated compass data in multiwii or others, why not let us using them ?
Kipkool is offline Find More Posts by Kipkool
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:42 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thint1 View Post
Hi nogas,
yes, that´s correct! only connect the signal to prevent a ground loop.
otherwise the loop is: battery - esc - osd - rx - bec - battery (minus-wires).
cheers Thomas
Thank you Thint1.
nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:52 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
Kip,

They are working on a x-copter project.

I don't know any details, but it is in its' infancy stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipkool View Post
Does anyone suceed to use a compass with osd ? Gps based heading is kind of useless with heli & multicopter when hovering or flying slow.

I'd really like eagletree realease a protocol trought serial to receive flight controler sensor data ( Compass, Gps, attitude ).

We already have good tilt compensated compass data in multiwii or others, why not let us using them ?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Jul 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
Australia, NT, Katherine
Joined Apr 2009
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipkool View Post

If you want heading in the hover you are going to need a Magnetometer.
nrg2go is offline Find More Posts by nrg2go
Old Jul 16, 2012, 04:52 AM
Old Flying Bastard
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jun 2011
394 Posts
That's why I asked if there's some tilt compensated compass that works with. Compass = Magnetometer.
Kipkool is offline Find More Posts by Kipkool
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:32 AM
Australia, VIC, Warrnambool
Joined Feb 2012
165 Posts
Hey all,

Trying to get my fpv setup reliable and bulletproof and have had problems with cheap sunsky video rx and uhf interference.

I ended up getting 2 x new 1.3ghz racewood rx from RMRC to fix this problem.

I just tested them both and with these video RX with my eagletree osd i get a blurring/ streaking of the white of the text across the width of the screen.

if i plug my sunsky rx back in, looks perfect.

Any ideas what this could be? I've attached pics so you can see what i mean.

Thanks heaps!
neo__04 is offline Find More Posts by neo__04
Old Jul 16, 2012, 06:27 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo__04 View Post
Hey all,

Trying to get my fpv setup reliable and bulletproof and have had problems with cheap sunsky video rx and uhf interference.

I ended up getting 2 x new 1.3ghz racewood rx from RMRC to fix this problem.

I just tested them both and with these video RX with my eagletree osd i get a blurring/ streaking of the white of the text across the width of the screen.

if i plug my sunsky rx back in, looks perfect.

Any ideas what this could be? I've attached pics so you can see what i mean.

Thanks heaps!
You May need to change the numbers

Set OSD Text White Level: Adjusts the white level of the OSD Pro text and graphics. Normally, this does not need to be changed from the default
setting of “7.” However, if you see “white streaks” or other anomalies associated with the text display on your video screen, decreasing this value
may help.
· Set OSD Text Black Level: Adjusts the black level of the OSD Pro text and graphics. Normally, this does not need to be changed from the default
setting of “4.” However, if you see “white streaks” or other anomalies associated with the text display on your video screen, increasing this value
may help.
EugeneFlorida is offline Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Jul 17, 2012, 09:07 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
I've got the ET up and running and am starting to play around with it. Is there any templates for info positions? or is it just a case of adding it all my self? Also how do i add the graphical readouts? i can only add numerical at the moment.

I also went to run the servo wizard but it asked me to set the cruise throttle and servo positions. How do most do this? Just make a note of where they hold sticks for the desired speed? and will it matter if i disconnect the motor for this process, (doing this in the house after the kids go to bed and although i love the sound of a brushless motor winding up, my family strangely doesn't share the same love at 10pm)
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:16 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
I've got the ET up and running and am starting to play around with it. Is there any templates for info positions? or is it just a case of adding it all my self? Also how do i add the graphical readouts? i can only add numerical at the moment.

I also went to run the servo wizard but it asked me to set the cruise throttle and servo positions. How do most do this? Just make a note of where they hold sticks for the desired speed? and will it matter if i disconnect the motor for this process, (doing this in the house after the kids go to bed and although i love the sound of a brushless motor winding up, my family strangely doesn't share the same love at 10pm)
Just add yourself, I usually take a screenshot of somebody else's I like and make it the same, on the software you can select Graphical or numerical values to display.

You set the stick like you would when you are cruising, don't worry if this is not perfect, when you go fly you can go into a cruise and then go into menu and reset cruise postions, disconnecting the motor is fine,

Dion
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:00 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Just add yourself, I usually take a screenshot of somebody else's I like and make it the same, on the software you can select Graphical or numerical values to display.

You set the stick like you would when you are cruising, don't worry if this is not perfect, when you go fly you can go into a cruise and then go into menu and reset cruise postions, disconnecting the motor is fine,

Dion
Thank you Dion, i'll have another play tonight. No doubt i'll have more questions later.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:38 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
Nogas,

When you set climb postion; Take note of a stick position that puts you into a reasonable climb.

Going full throttle can give you undesired results.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 09:03 PM
United States, FL, St Cloud
Joined Dec 2011
75 Posts
Are we able to change the ft/km to read as miles yet?
Pathfinder22 is offline Find More Posts by Pathfinder22
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:18 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder22 View Post
Are we able to change the ft/km to read as miles yet?
not to my knowlege