HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2014, 04:08 PM
oshawa ont canada
Joined Feb 2010
38 Posts
Discussion
Carb lifting off dynamite .15

as the title states,cant seem to solve this problem.i have run my boat (proboat fastech nitro)numerous times this season,runs very well.as of late,i have had numerous incidents where the carb keeps lifting off the intake.the first sign of trouble was earlier in the season while after an afternoon of running,i noticed the screw which clamps on the dowels to hold the carb in place,was loose.i removed it and used threadlock to keep it tight.ever since then,the carb keeps working itself off while running.i have had the engine out numerous times,reinstalled the carb and screw and it was good and tight.just this afternoon the same thing happened.im getting a tad frustrated.if anyone has any tips or a solution,it would be greatly appreciated.thanks.
bigcam406 is offline Find More Posts by bigcam406
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:57 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,940 Posts
It may have developed a taper or damaged the carb from overtightening. They only tighten the opposite side of the nut.

I just thought of something that might do the trick. It's been awhile since I've been around any Dynamite .15's but if the tightening nut is on the right side, see if you can put it on the left by turning it around. What I'm tihnknig without being there is that maybe, just maybe that when the nut is tightened on the right side that when you tighten down on it, it's pushing the carb up.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Last edited by Ron Olson; Aug 25, 2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:17 AM
oshawa ont canada
Joined Feb 2010
38 Posts
thanks for the response.i'll try what you suggest.i find that when i reinstall the carb,its really a struggle to press back on,very tight.takes alot of effort.i find it hard to believe that i have overtightened it and caused a warp.but what you say makes sense.i was thinking of doing a carb swap(i have another Dynamite sitting around) to see if that works.i'll try your solution first,and if not,try the carb swap.i'll let you know.thanks again.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:51 PM
oshawa ont canada
Joined Feb 2010
38 Posts
i removed the clamps and screw completely today.i found that the problem was the clamps wernt positioned properly,how they got moved i dont know.anyways,the carb was pushed on with no problem were as before,it was a pain to push on.tightened the screw and all seems good for now.we'll see when i run it this weekend.thanks.