SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:50 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,858 Posts
Discussion
Batterys - HING Long

OK Whear do you get your batteys for the HIng long tanks 8 cell flat packs.with the tamya plugs? So far I have seen them in the lepard 2 tanks and abrams . can any one help. ?
It says on the pack DJY NJ-AA750 MAH 9.6 V

Ok to me it says nickle hidry 750 milly amps 9.6

OK Correct me if I am wrong. BUT is is 8 AA batterys with 4 on top with 4 on the bottom. WE use to use something like this many years ago but we set them up as saddle packs in the old pan cars. If any of you use to run them or still do you will get the idea. BUT this is set up with double a battlery instead of the C -- cells we use to use.

ON what I am looking for I am not sure on whear to go. I keep finding the hump packs with the c cells.

I have been having problems with the tanks and finely figure out what was going on so now I am looking for some advice. DON Thanks
Rustbucket is offline Find More Posts by Rustbucket
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:22 PM
I meant to do that!
United States, IN, West Terre Haute
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
What tank did that come from? Heng Long 1/16 tanks use a 6cell 7.2v packs not that pack there.
Oracus is offline Find More Posts by Oracus
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:39 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,858 Posts
tanks batterys

Hello OK I have agree with ya on what your saying about the HL tank batterys Untill tonight I was thinking this abrams was a HL But is says on the bottom made in china . THE TO top off my other problems I was thinking I could pick up this battery any whear in any hobbie shop I am not learning that is not the case. THE other two tanks were built on the same chassic. So now what do I do if I cant fine any batterys . I have a couple of ideas but I dont want to go there. So now I am hoping some one can come up with my problme . THE Abrams is all stock. I have 3 batterys but I am not sure on how good they are. What I was doing picking up use tanks from shop that others brough back and I was picking them up for my own but had to do some work to them but was not counting on this problme.? I built the M 88 tank retirver by useing the same chassic and it runs good. the same with the M 42 duster both are scratch from the decks up . Tanks are new to me been playing around with them for about a couple months so I am learning as I go. Was a scale ship builder for about 20 year plus untill I had to get away from it then went onto tanks . So when it comes to Rc problems and answers I am no stranger but now with this battery problem I am not sure now ?? DON Thanks
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:43 PM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,858 Posts
MY walker and pershing use that battey that your talking about the 6 V 7.2 and I was thinking this tank was an HL . FOR that is all that shop was dealing with at the time . THEY were just wanting to let go of what they had so I got in on some of deals.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:28 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Something like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Practical-New-AA-9-6V-1800MAH-Ni-MH-Rechargable-Battery-Pack-1-/350585948356?pt=US_Rechargeable_Batteries&hash=ite m51a08d08c4
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:56 PM
I meant to do that!
Joined Apr 2007
1,210 Posts
Also checkout http://cheapbatterypacks.com/customp...ks.aspx?mid=20 custom pack builder.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:49 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,858 Posts
OK THE one that is on E bay is what I am looking for . BUT I dont do deal with E bay at all. Dont even have an account with them. . THE second link may be some use to me .I am wondering whear abouts in Oregon they may be . since it is an 503 that tells me they are in Oregon some whear I hope they be with driving of the Portland Area? Thanks I will let you know one what happen.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:49 AM
Portland Oregon
Joined Aug 2006
4,858 Posts
HELLO Future note for any one looking for different type of batterys > I foiund the battery I needed at a place called battery plus here in Portland al little more then what I wanted to but it is worth it .. I Could have pick it up with the charger but I did not need one so I was able to pick it up with out 10 cheaper then if I would have got it with one. Also found out that radio shacks are now handleing them as well. IT figures xmas is not to far off so that stuff should be coming out for a wile . So any way thanks for all of the tips but I wanted to pass this information out to any one looking for a different battery like i was . DON THE Rustbucket