SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old May 27, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,916 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dunlop View Post
What Andrew was suggesting was to plug 1 amp into the balance on one 5s and the other amp on the 2nd balance...that way it should pull an even load from each 5s pack,so I think we're ok there...my only concern is if the balance leads on the lipos are capable of handling the load of the sound system
Thanks, Bob
It should be, yes. They system only draws about 1.7A at 12v from each. So I don't see why the leads would not handle that.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2013, 09:53 PM
Fokker,I didn't even kiss her
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Apr 2011
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
It should be, yes. They system only draws about 1.7A at 12v from each. So I don't see why the leads would not handle that.

Andrew
Cool,thanks Andrew...just need to do some measuring and figure out where to hide all the speakers
Bob Dunlop is offline Find More Posts by Bob Dunlop
Old May 27, 2013, 10:22 PM
Fokker,I didn't even kiss her
United States, VA, Fredericksburg
Joined Apr 2011
1,323 Posts
Andrew, how's your WW1 sound chip coming along?
Bob Dunlop is offline Find More Posts by Bob Dunlop
Old May 27, 2013, 11:31 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre View Post
I've got the 1875mm Liberty Belle w/fmsvprops. Can you show some pics and explain your install? Thanks.
Here you go. Your installation may vary. You will notice the little bits of black foam tape at the corners of the speakers. I had drilled extra holes, since they are deep in the wing. Then I read (fortunately before I flew the plane) that you should not make extra holes, as it disturbs the cooling effect. So I taped 'em up, and slanted the walls of the hole to allow airflow.

I am using a 3s 1000 battery, installed in the nose for the sound unit power, which helps with the CG (3 oz.). Also had to add about 4 oz. of lead in the nose. The extra weight actually seems to stabilize the plane in flight, and there is no noticeable loss of speed, as if you need a lot of speed for a four engine bomber anyway. The sound is great, and it got a lot of attention and interest.

Because the holes might compromise the strength of the wing, I imbedded three strips of carbon fiber, as seen by the channels inner wing area.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old May 28, 2013, 12:28 AM
Avionics tech
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jun 2011
2,301 Posts
CarToon - Doesn't multi-engine sound require multi sound boards? Where is your rcvr mounted? With extra weight up front, any problems with nose overs?

Be sure to see my new video posting (minus sound unit) over in the Liberty and Memphis Belle threads. Looking forward to your video as well.
52Sabre is offline Find More Posts by 52Sabre
Old May 28, 2013, 03:54 AM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,518 Posts
It's a single sound board with the multi engine chip, but it needs two speakers. If you look at the first photo, the receiver is in the upper middle part of the photo.

Normally, with the correct CG (it does take some fiddling with), I don't have a nose over problem. But then, I fly off of a 600 foot asphalt runway. Also, I use two 2200 3s batteries.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old May 28, 2013, 07:44 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,916 Posts
The new forum is up!!! I will be creating a few threads, feel free to stop over, we will start posting there. This thread should soon be moved over to the new forum!!!

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old May 28, 2013, 07:46 AM
Avionics tech
Joined Jun 2011
2,301 Posts
CarToon - Ahh . . . I see it now. Black and hidden in the wires. Got so used to seeing an orange one. But, very nice my friend. I may just do that. Thanks for posting the pics. Didn't know there was a special chip.
Last edited by 52Sabre; May 28, 2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old May 28, 2013, 07:48 AM
Avionics tech
Joined Jun 2011
2,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
The new forum is up!!! I will be creating a few threads, feel free to stop over, we will start posting there. This thread should soon be moved over to the new forum!!!

Andrew
Give us a link.
Old May 28, 2013, 07:56 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,916 Posts
Just a little ways down in the vendors forums.

http://www.rcgroups.com/mrrcsound-845/
Site Sponsor
Old May 28, 2013, 10:10 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,916 Posts
Thank you all for your input in this thread. It has become very large with lots of information in it. Now with a MrRCsound forum we should be able to keep things a little more organized. I am closing this thread, but it will remain here for reference. Thank you for your support everyone!

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread