HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:42 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,553 Posts
But don't the Wemo's give optimal powers in the relatively low revs of mid 35k rpm's? To no more than 38k sort of areas. And 'cheapies' need more rpm to try to match them... maybe due to blade issues/losses. That just seemed to be the general theme's I saw from looking over the masses of results people have/post.
So it would seem that their fan is more efficient/stable (stronger blades? balanced.).
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skyzone Goggles - Button Shield
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:53 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
But don't the Wemo's give optimal powers in the relatively low revs of mid 35k rpm's? To no more than 38k sort of areas. And 'cheapies' need more rpm to try to match them... maybe due to blade issues/losses. That just seemed to be the general theme's I saw from looking over the masses of results people have/post.
So it would seem that their fan is more efficient/stable (stronger blades? balanced.).
Wemos get spun just faster and faster and just keep putting out higher numbers. The primary cost is the bigger motors to turn them. Its only been the recent alloys that have taken one of Wemo's crown but they don't come close in weight or cost.
ExtremeRC.Com tested and available combos with a 70mm mini.
For 4S drivers I'd recommend;
HET 2W18 Typhoon motor:
4s2500mah: 14.64 Volts / 54.2 Amps / 795 Watts / 45,160rpm / 1.46kg thrust

For 6S drivers;
HET 2W25 Typhoon motor:

6s4000mah: 22.89 volts / 61.4 amps / 1407 watts / 53,700rpm / 2.1kg thrust

ARC2848-1 motor:

4s4400mah: 14.75v / 94.9A / 1400W / 52,440rpm / 2.02kg thrust

ARC2858-1 motor:

4s2600mah: 14.5v / 41.5A / 600W / 40,620rpm / 1.15kg thrust

*6s4000mah: 21.63v / 86.7A / 1877W / 56,460rpm / 2.5kg thrust / 360kmh EFFLUX!!
Maxthrottle is online now Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jan 17, 2012 at 03:02 AM. Reason: 4S motor recommendation added
Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:30 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Ok so its a 30mm can. The end numbers is what counts and may be more is needed for 3kg. The Wemo Mini at 12g heavier than the 2849 stock but will put out 4kg at speed.
Can't wait to wake this puppy up.
what do you mean by, its the end # that counts?
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:17 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mray View Post
Though I don't have a 4S plane...I purchased a 3d 6S plane.
Sorry didn't notice this post and I'd start talking to some one there for confirmation. There are a lot of motors floating that appear the same in length but are different in can size.

Could you measure the purple section only not the over all length.

I have one of the original F-35 FW motors that is 49mm long end to end with a can that is only 25mm. It looks the same as the purple but has the same spec as the HK motor with the only difference being the cone on the end.

The RC-Castle gold motor, tagged as a FW motor, is a 2849 with a 30mm can.
Your purple motor can't be the same as V8s because yours has the cone on the end to make up that length. So yours must be different, may be internal with more poles to add winding length but... not likely.
Do a thrust test to see how close it comes.

The original 2839-2800kv still posted on their website was an even smaller motor that they initially released for the F-35. If they rewound that to be a 2839-3000kv that appears to be what is being used for the Standard sport 4S version; appearance still unknown.

So we need more RC-Castle PnP, BH and R2F 3D version recipients to post some figure.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:37 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
Re

I am supposed to get my BH plane tomorrow afternoon so I should be able to post some numbers then.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Jan 17, 2012, 02:42 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
what do you mean by, its the end # that counts?
Motor size e.g. 2849 doesn't tell all. One can be shorter but has better bearing and performs better, or one can't perform the same because they have fudged the length because considering the cans one is I think 25mm long while the other is 30mm. But unless you count the number of stators and have a wind length you can only make assumptions.

So the only way to know is put the same fan and setup on the motor and spin it up to see the numbers they produce. Not Watts but end thrust and efflux. Watts can be a poor measure, though useful for other reasons, because you don't know if all the energy is being focused to the rpm of the fan. It may be going up in heat on a connector or low gauge wire or shorter winding on the motor that give higher or lower watts but can still result is better or poorer performance.

That's why at a glance some including I commented with skepticism that they were not going to get 3kg out of 45amp at 22.2V on the 6 blade plastic fan. And the reverse if it did 3kg then there would be concern about how hot the wire and ESC were being loaded. Speculation by informed guessing. Your thrust test on what appears to be a larger version motor still didn't achieve the numbers.

If I were buying from the three vendors I'd want to know if the provided motor will come even close to what is said on the box, 3kg; Not the differences in the motor dimensions. If performance differs a lot below the numbers and we establish they are using different motors then I'd start asking what did Freewing actually release vs what they have sent.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Jan 17, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:36 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,784 Posts
Thanks max, that was where the concern caught my eyes. I know you just can't tell by motor looks how the motor will perform, but the motors are indeed different. So like you said once people start testing and there is a difference in performance between motors then something is up if those other 3D MOTORS are pushing less than my freewing 2849 2300kv/ rc castle motors.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:12 PM
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Thanks max, that was where the concern caught my eyes. I know you just can't tell by motor looks how the motor will perform, but the motors are indeed different. So like you said once people start testing and there is a difference in performance between motors then something is up if those other 3D MOTORS are pushing less than my freewing 2849 2300kv/ rc castle motors.
Truth be told we won't know till Freewing updates their site. This will allow the vendors, and just speculating here, to just say thats what Freewing sent, and we wouldn't know one way or the other until Freewing actually posts the released product. I guess that's the down side to not having a primary vendor if the manufacturer doesn't maintain a presence with the public themselves. If the plan was all along to leave it to the vendors to select a power setup then there could be several versions that perform very differently. We'll have to just wait and see.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-16C
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Sep 2011
265 Posts
From what I know, Freewing change to new motor that is 2849 2200kv. That is what stated on the box. I brought 2 spare motors from them.
genghiskt is online now Find More Posts by genghiskt
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:02 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,784 Posts
Well the post a page or few back contradicts what you say, freewing has upgraded to 2849 2300kv. That's the 1st I've heard of 2849 2200kv. The box shows 2839 2200kv.

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...1photo%202.jpg
Last edited by v8truckin; Jan 17, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,784 Posts
Welp my spare plane showed up today. HK to Cali in 2 business days...! Man that's fast. Only problem is I guess I ordered the PnP by accident n didn't realize it, oh well. Thank good I get home before my wife. its going to the closet or attic.

Motors are the same exact motors I have in her now. 2849 2300kv.
Last edited by v8truckin; Jan 17, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:39 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,339 Posts
Started my build and I have seriously jittery 17g on my left elev. It has a white wire while the right one has an orange wire so I am guessing that my bad one is a normal not reverse servo. The jitter is so bad I would say that is more like a flop. No way I'm flyin with that. Let's see, BH legendary customer service or buy HS 85 MGs. There seems to be a lot of slop in the metal gear train. I would have to pull 2 extensions and use 2 elevator chanels? You guys with kits does the elev wire run under the fan to the central compartment in the belly? Put in a spring for nose wheel thanks for the tip Max/v8.
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,784 Posts
If you go to the attachments page and look at all the pics you'll find a pic of where the wires should run.

No prob on the spring. It does make a difference, just make sure the spring doesn't interfere with the gear coming down. You have to have place right so the gear doesn't bind and when it does retract the spring still provided tension and compression.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:48 PM
Throttle Bender
Joined Jun 2008
1,339 Posts
Thanks I'll look. I had to cut a couple of coils off the spring so it wouldn't exert too much pressure during gear extension.
merlinfan is offline Find More Posts by merlinfan
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:52 PM
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,784 Posts
I had jittery on my tv yaw servo, really really jittery. Replaced it with a spare servo.