Old Aug 06, 2010, 05:58 AM
Find More Posts by solentlife
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
11,117 Posts
Discussion
Binding / Range Checking Fly Sky 2.4Ghz 9ch

I bought the FS-TH9X system and on here as other forums asked about range testing ... I got an answer on another forum that explained the button and how to use.

Anyway - I sent an email to Fly Sky themselves for definitive answer as the manual info is more related to FM than 2.4Ghz ...

Here's the correspondence ....

To: flysky-cn@hotmail.com
Subject: Range Testing of FS-TH9X 2.4Ghz radio Control System
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:34:31 +0300

Please can you email back the Bind and Range Test instructions for the FS-TH9X RC system. The manual has no detail about this.

I am concerned that my receiver antenna may not be in best position and need to test.

Regards

Nigel C. Luther

and here's the reply :

Dear Nigel,

The binding steps is as below:
1.Connect the bind cable to Bat channel of receiver
2.Turn on the transmitter
3.Turn on the receiver
4.There are two lights flashing
5.Press the bind button, the outside light won't flash
6.The inside light will flash,the outside light will turn red
7.Take off the bind cable and turn on the transmitter again.

We have no range test instuction, usually we test the range with servo. Two person, one take transmitter and another take servo with receiver.When operate the transmitter the servo has reaction, it means they works well.

Hope it will help you!

Best regards!

Sxxxxx

Now this is frightening as a) the bind process is wrong ... you need to have Bind button pressed while switching on TX and keep pressed till bind is completed ... matter of few sec's .... b) they don't know the Tx module has a range check function via the bind button !

Maybe it's why they don't print it in the manual !! But at least it confirms one thing ... forget the Bind plug position on Receiver ... use the Batt plug position.

Well ... I'm still happy enough with the system !!
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2010, 03:01 AM
Find More Posts by roberth7681
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I bought the FS-TH9X system and on here as other forums asked about range testing ... I got an answer on another forum that explained the button and how to use.

Anyway - I sent an email to Fly Sky themselves for definitive answer as the manual info is more related to FM than 2.4Ghz ...

Here's the correspondence ....

To: flysky-cn@hotmail.com
Subject: Range Testing of FS-TH9X 2.4Ghz radio Control System
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:34:31 +0300

Please can you email back the Bind and Range Test instructions for the FS-TH9X RC system. The manual has no detail about this.

I am concerned that my receiver antenna may not be in best position and need to test.

Regards

Nigel C. Luther

and here's the reply :

Dear Nigel,

The binding steps is as below:
1.Connect the bind cable to Bat channel of receiver
2.Turn on the transmitter
3.Turn on the receiver
4.There are two lights flashing
5.Press the bind button, the outside light won't flash
6.The inside light will flash,the outside light will turn red
7.Take off the bind cable and turn on the transmitter again.

We have no range test instuction, usually we test the range with servo. Two person, one take transmitter and another take servo with receiver.When operate the transmitter the servo has reaction, it means they works well.

Hope it will help you!

Best regards!

Sxxxxx

Now this is frightening as a) the bind process is wrong ... you need to have Bind button pressed while switching on TX and keep pressed till bind is completed ... matter of few sec's .... b) they don't know the Tx module has a range check function via the bind button !

Maybe it's why they don't print it in the manual !! But at least it confirms one thing ... forget the Bind plug position on Receiver ... use the Batt plug position.

Well ... I'm still happy enough with the system !!
hi
can anyone tell me where to buy a binding cavle from as i have lost mine during moving house. im just new to flying so dont know much
thanks
roberth7681 is offline Find More Posts by roberth7681
Old Aug 14, 2010, 09:28 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
11,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberth7681 View Post
hi
can anyone tell me where to buy a binding cavle from as i have lost mine during moving house. im just new to flying so dont know much
thanks
I have sneaking feeling that it's a loop-back cable only. I'm travelling at moment but as soon as I get home - I will check it.

I noted when in my hand - it only has two pins in the plug, third is missing. That gives me thought that it's basically just shorting out two pins.

But please don't take this post as gospel as it's from memory only.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 04:58 PM
Find More Posts by jeter.kurtis
Joined Jul 2015
3 Posts
actual range?

What is the actual range that the transmitter is capable of communicating to the receiver at.
jeter.kurtis is offline Find More Posts by jeter.kurtis
Old Jul 26, 2015, 01:29 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
11,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeter.kurtis View Post
What is the actual range that the transmitter is capable of communicating to the receiver at.
Out of sight with full range Rx ..... tests by various people have consistently shown well over 1 mile ....

I use both FlySky and FrSky gear in my 9x's and 9xr's ..... and both give more distance than I will ever use. One YouTube video has a guy driving a car away from his pal .... gets to over 2 miles. In fact he didn't go far enough to not have control !

Nigel