Find More Posts by PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
8,269 Posts
Discussion
A Question For You Libelle Jockeys

How much flight time do you get from a fully-charged 300mAh NiMH pack?

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:17 AM
Find More Posts by Slope P
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
1,175 Posts
At least one hour no prob......
Slope P is online now Find More Posts by Slope P
Old Apr 18, 2015, 01:01 PM
Find More Posts by dawsonh
Flagstaff, AZ
USA, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Mar 2003
3,917 Posts
I would say at least an hour of continuous aerobatic flying... longer if just cruising around.

I bring an extra pack to the slope and have used it when flying the Libelle exclusively. I do have my "critica voltage" alert set at 4.4v.

Dawson
dawsonh is offline Find More Posts by dawsonh
Old Apr 18, 2015, 03:18 PM
PGR
Find More Posts by PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
8,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsonh View Post
I do have my "critica voltage" alert set at 4.4v.
What voltage alert are you using in something as light as a Libelle, Dawson?

I don't really think I need such a thing because my RX works down to 2.1V. The analog servos I'm using won't operate at that voltage, but they don't just stop working suddenly and usually give plenty of warning that it's time to land.

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Apr 18, 2015, 05:44 PM
Find More Posts by dawsonh
Flagstaff, AZ
USA, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Mar 2003
3,917 Posts
I have a Tranis transmitter and a XR4 telemetry receiver. Pack voltage is sent to the transmitter. An alert is "spoken" at low (4.6v) and critical (4.4v). Of course I could set the warnings at any voltage. I think I will change the warnings to 4.4v and 4.0 v respectively. 4.4 volts is pack friendly. 4.0v is probably also OK. I like to keep my packs as healthy as possible.

With analog servos you can "feel" a low voltage and land in time... Unless you go so low that your (digital) receiver blacks out.

I got digital servos for my new Libelle. They don't brown out nicely out like the analogs if you go "low." Digitals crash and then have to reboot... and that might take a while. I may have to test that.

Dawson
dawsonh is offline Find More Posts by dawsonh
Old Apr 19, 2015, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by cityevader
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!!!!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
3,537 Posts
I use those little packs in many planes. Multi hour is "easy" to do if one has the endurance to do aerobatics for hours on end.
FWIW, 300mA is kinda low. 480mA packs (confirmed with my charger after a loooong flying day) are available from Alofthobbies.com for hardly a few dollars.

Oh yeah, i like analog servos in all my planes.
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader