HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Well......
I am happy with the $15 CS10 just as it comes. I don't pay one cent more for adaptors etc, mine run totally fine just as they come (6 of them now). They might not be PERFECT, but I don't care, they run totally fine.
I buy $12 motors..... have 4S (F-15), 5S (Meteor/Habu) and 6S(Su-35) uses of those (all the same series $12 L2855 motor).
$27 total for each case.....

4S give 1.45Kg thrust, 5S 1.6Kg, 6S 1.8Kg.... of course varying currents which specific motor KV can alter the thrust/Amps if you want to also, and if you want more thrust you can get that too. And maybe they are a bit wasteful (yes they are - by 10% or so?), but as much as I hate to fly shorter time frames I am happy as long as I get 4 mins out of anything (that is high % WOT used). More than 4 minutes of one plane non-stop is a bore anyway! LOL
(Well I can bare out to 5 or 6 mins).

So for ALL of my uses I am paying under $30 for that better sound and each of those Cells and thrust levels. I can't even buy the Wemo fan unit itself for that! So to me these CS10's are totally fine.
Though if I compare them to a $6 70mm Haoye etc, which gets more thrust for less Amps, but with a terrible sound, then I have paid more for the sound quality 'gain'. $27 CS10 versus $20 Haoye..... still outrunning a Wemo/HET fan cost alone. And the $7 (and extra current draw) is worth it for the sound.

As for flying weight.... I totally DISAGREE with the premise that more weight is a negative. I consider it is a negative if you wanted a plane that can do things the 'real' version could not.... eg far more manouevarable, lower wing loading than the real one had. But I don't want that....
I want to fly a plane that ACTS like a real one, and SOUNDS like a real one.... if possible. eg An F-15 doe not run out 150metres (10x scaled up 15 metre model take off run) and leap into the air and go vertical!! But most models do that sort of 'incredible' take-off. The real aircraft also cannot land and stop within 200metres (20m model)... and have kilometres of landing approach, of a drawn out descent rate etc.
If you have a heavier model then you do head more towards that realism. And they land totally fine.... I have never had a 'bouncey' landing model, that is relative to HOW you land (and other factors too). Every one of my planes are a fair bit over the typical weight people post about.... and I think that gives better flight performance (penetration) and realism. Models are almost always TOO LIGHT.
that is exactly what caught my attention . a low cost edf with a sweet turbine sound . im going the same route as you low cost electronic . but before i do i want to see one in action i have a completely stock banna hobby 70mm edf f18 if the CS with the HK 2855/3800 can give me the same performance (speed) id be happy to cough up the 30.00 or something bucks , if not my f18 is staying with the stock set up , i dont care if the edf is a knock off of someone elses design.i see it as a low cost edf going into a low cost edf plane . lets move on from this tit for tat , im only interested in what this edf can do with a 4s
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2012, 03:10 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-racr View Post
you, Mark, and my self included, are investing our time and money to find out how to get the most out of it.
It is an excellent design; just not Change Sun's.

...It just bugs me.
But apparently not enough to stop you from using it...

ON TOPIC CONTENT:

Guess what the mailman brought today? Yup, the motor I need to complete my CS10 equipped RCLander F9F!

Woot!
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Last edited by tracknoob; Apr 27, 2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
AKA Terry Till
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
But apparently not enough to stop you from using it...

It was provided to me free for testing, before it was brought to my attention of its pedigree. It's not being used.
Here, Johnny come lately:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=108
I've said what I wanted and am willing to let this drop. Are you?
ex-racr is offline Find More Posts by ex-racr
Last edited by ex-racr; Apr 27, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:25 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-racr View Post
It was provided to me free for testing, before it was brought to my attention of its pedigree. It's not being used.
Here, Johnny come lately:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=108
I've said what I wanted and am willing to let this drop. Are you?
There is nothing for *me* to 'drop'; I merely made a single, one-time, accurate observation, based on your own statement.

Now, you say you are not using it (out of protest, one presumes?)

Whatever.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:36 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,607 Posts
Hey guys, could you please take your bickering too somewhere else, it is very boring
Why not start your own CS70 argument thread
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Apr 27, 2012, 06:44 PM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Good idea, and from the looks of it it would be a very active thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
ON TOPIC CONTENT:
Guess what the mailman brought today? Yup, the motor I need to complete my CS10 equipped RCLander F9F!

Woot!
The CS-480/2500 is a Great motor track, I have two. Look for the balancing shallow drill marks on the metal tail cone(factory balanced). One of mine has 4 marks and the other has 1.
Make sure you run it on Low Timing!
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Last edited by RugFlyer; Apr 27, 2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 07:26 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
The CS-480/2500 is a Great motor track, I have two. Look for the balancing shallow drill marks on the metal tail cone(factory balanced). One of mine has 4 marks and the other has 1.
Thanks for the tip!

As a true noob, I only recently found out that low timing does not mean 'low performance'; that in fact if the motor runs there, then that's the correct timing and only go up if you have issues.

Thanks for the tip!
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:30 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugFlyer View Post
Good idea, and from the looks of it it would be a very active thread.

Why do you need to run it on low timing, is it because of the pole count ot something else?
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Apr 27, 2012, 08:56 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Why do you need to run it on low timing, is it because of the pole count ot something else?
yes the pole count determines timing and switching rate the more poles the higher they need to be
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:54 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jun 2006
5,453 Posts
Alright boys....
Here it is. Be online store tonight.

http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...aa84fe0d4ffab4

http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...aa84fe0d4ffab4
Tamjets is offline Find More Posts by Tamjets
Last edited by Tamjets; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Oct 2009
1,300 Posts
Just wondering what everyone is using for spinners on this since the super-flexible factory one is rubbish?

Is it ok to fly without one?
nighthawk0077 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk0077
Old Apr 28, 2012, 01:45 AM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
yes its ok to run without the spinner, the spinner is only for aesthetics, thats said with tams washer you can safely run the stock spinner otherwise its very difficult to get the spinner centered to the rotor for a smooth run and even if you do it can move and cause an out of balance
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:49 AM
"LiPo-Blaster"
Duluth, GA
Joined Apr 2009
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamjets View Post
Both links are for the 4mm shaft & spinner washe combo.

I think this is the link you meant to post for the 4mm shaft: http://www.tamjets.com/original/prod...aa84fe0d4ffab4
RugFlyer is offline Find More Posts by RugFlyer
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:26 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,387 Posts
Well my motors finally showed! Got a pair in the 262 and man they sound sweet.
No ear splitting whine, just WHOOSH!!!

Now just gotta figure out the esc's in it. Both fire up perfect on 4S, but on 5S one refuses to arm? Programmed em both prior, at the same time, can only think one didn't take.

Max, as for Lockheed, do a little reading on the P-38 Lightning, and folks who try and use it for a model. Lockheed charges for the use of "their" product, just ask Horizon.
"LOCKHEED MARTIN, P-38/F-5E Lightning 400 ARF, associated emblems and logos, and body designs of vehicles are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lockheed Martin Corporation in the USA and/or other jurisdictions, used under license by Horizon Hobby, Inc."
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:46 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,557 Posts
GG,

which motors did you just receive for the 262?

The L2855-2300Kv?
anlucas is online now Find More Posts by anlucas