HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:05 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3n0 View Post
another question....assuming my esc is adequate (HV-110 !) and my prop remains the same (Aeronaut CAM 14x8) then going from 3s to 4s should be ok right ?
For sure ! Im switching to 4s,using a 60amp esc with 6 amp built in bec. just be sure to take the weight out that is some where in front behind motor ..
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 12:25 AM
Registered User
United States, MI, Pontiac
Joined Jul 2006
297 Posts
oh good...ty
X3n0 is offline Find More Posts by X3n0
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 03, 2013, 09:24 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
i really love this glider ! Out of all the planes i have,it is the best quality,most stable,fast and yet floats forever, i have a new one in box, but thinking i may get another because there out of stock most of the time Just cut the foam on bottom of new nitroplanes diamond to take out the two lead weights. all ready now for the 4s 2600 lipo and 60amp esc with 6amp built in sbec !
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Jan 04, 2013 at 01:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:24 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Okay got my new esc,got the weights taken out, and got my new 14x8 carbon blades,time to build this baby ! will use a 4s 2600mah 50c lipo.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:39 PM
insert witty phrase here
Joined Aug 2006
380 Posts
Fastfwd,
GET PSYCHED!!!

I use a range of batteries, depending on what the conditions are and how I want to fly.
3S 3000mAh 45-90C - slope soaring, with just a little motor help.
4S 2200mAh 45-90C - light weight thermalling, low wind
4S 2650mAh 60C - motor gliding. Motor up -> glide down, or a little more mass as the wind comes up for better penetration
2X 2200mAh 45-90C - FPV, out & back, or up to touch the clouds

cheers,
Brian
TooSLow2Care is offline Find More Posts by TooSLow2Care
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:38 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSLow2Care View Post
Fastfwd,
GET PSYCHED!!!

I use a range of batteries, depending on what the conditions are and how I want to fly.
3S 3000mAh 45-90C - slope soaring, with just a little motor help.
4S 2200mAh 45-90C - light weight thermalling, low wind
4S 2650mAh 60C - motor gliding. Motor up -> glide down, or a little more mass as the wind comes up for better penetration
2X 2200mAh 45-90C - FPV, out & back, or up to touch the clouds

cheers,
Brian
yes !!! I have one built but i want another and maybe another after it lol LOVE this glider
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:41 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
what is your cog with a 4s 2600 lipo ? i seem to be just a touch nose heavy at 83.25mm (i like a bit nose heavy) but just curios where others have theres setup.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:47 AM
insert witty phrase here
Joined Aug 2006
380 Posts
In the wind like that, I keep it closer to 80mm
82.6789mm according to my calibrated fingers
(~82.5mm) with the 2600 4S

Cheers,
Brian
TooSLow2Care is offline Find More Posts by TooSLow2Care
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:11 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
got the new diamond out of the box today.. the stinking decals on wings just peeled right off lol, ohh well time to get the tape and paint out. on a good note she has new 60 amp esc and 4s 2600 50c lipo in it now. Just waiting on new servos for the flaps,and will have two diamonds ready for the skys
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:23 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,821 Posts
Where do they have Diamonds2500 in Stock?


Thanks:-)
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:31 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
Where do they have Diamonds2500 in Stock?


Thanks:-)
Looks to be currently in stock..

http://www.nitroplanes.com/at-22093-...0-rtf-24g.html
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:37 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Camarillo
Joined Jul 2012
390 Posts
Wing Ballast



I removed the steel wing ballast from my D2500.

As mentioned earlier, the pair weighs in at just slightly over 50 grams.



Was thinking about making them removable using 10x1mm rare earth magnets and plywood.



I could then remove them with a stronger magnetic.

With the additional plywood and magnet, the steel slug still fits recessed slightly.



Anyone think I would ever want to reinstall them?

Barry
Barry2020 is offline Find More Posts by Barry2020
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:08 PM
Spearheading an Alliance
BravoGolf's Avatar
United States, CO, Aspen
Joined Oct 2010
794 Posts
Decals

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
got the new diamond out of the box today.. the stinking decals on wings just peeled right off lol, ohh well time to get the tape and paint out. on a good note she has new 60 amp esc and 4s 2600 50c lipo in it now. Just waiting on new servos for the flaps,and will have two diamonds ready for the skys

I got a little chuckle out of this as I have been following this thread for quite some time and there have been several posts in the past regarding the difficulty etc of removing the decals. Seems like people are 50/50 on the decasls, some like em some can't stand them. I'm indifferent and just left them on. But will probably remove them at some point in the future.

The other BG
BravoGolf is offline Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:29 PM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoGolf View Post
I got a little chuckle out of this as I have been following this thread for quite some time and there have been several posts in the past regarding the difficulty etc of removing the decals. Seems like people are 50/50 on the decasls, some like em some can't stand them. I'm indifferent and just left them on. But will probably remove them at some point in the future.

The other BG
they were all crinkled i just put a piece of packing tape over it and pulled it off,decal came with the tape
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:37 PM
Spearheading an Alliance
BravoGolf's Avatar
United States, CO, Aspen
Joined Oct 2010
794 Posts
decal removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
they were all crinkled i just put a piece of packing tape over it and pulled it off,decal came with the tape
Thanks, I'm clear on that, I just thought it was funny that someone got one that was so easy to remove.

The other BG
BravoGolf is offline Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Art-Tech EF2000 any one have it j3tman Foamy EDFs 2 Oct 24, 2009 10:42 AM
Discussion art tech spitfire bomb! (: kieran3008 Electric Warbirds 2 Oct 15, 2009 06:57 PM
Help! Art-tech Yak 54 Center of Gravity Midknight69 Electric Plane Talk 3 Oct 14, 2009 10:21 PM
Discussion art tech spitfire ***** kieran3008 Electric Warbirds 0 Oct 12, 2009 03:21 PM