Old Jan 28, 2016, 06:44 PM
Find More Posts by Dan the man
Sydney Kingsford, Australia
Joined Feb 2004
473 Posts
Discussion
Requests for the new generation EF 48"EXP class planes

Hey Guys,

Given the back bone of my 3D fleet is the EF 48" EXP series over the years I've gotten an appreciation of how great these planes are.

Like all great aircraft families it starts with a solid design that has evolved over the years. I'm not trying to be over gracious but as far as I am concerned the EF Extra 48" EXP has to stand as a truly classic airframe.

That being said there is always room for improvement. This might be a bit late to incorporate into a new generation 51" slick but here are my requests,

*Construction. The Laser 48" EXP is built like an A-10 warthog. I reckon this should be standard across the range.
*Harrier and post stall recovery. For me this is where the 3DHS Extra 47" SHP pulls away from the EXP range. Don't get me wrong the EXP's aren't bad. They are actually very good. However it is practically impossible to screw up the Harrier and post stall recovery with the 3DHS Extra 47" SHP. In a perfect world I'd like to see that level of harrier user friendliness in the EXP range.
*Power system that can utilise a 13" prop on 4S. I reckon it will make the post stall stuff easier particular if you are a novice.
*Also in the stab I'd like to see the back member (where you put the control flaps that glue in) reinforced with Carbon fibre. The reason I say that is the EXP range is great and bullet proof on the standard power combo. However it truly shines on 900W+. I had an elevator failure on the Extra EXP when I was running this combo (albeit I think it had a bit of damage). However for me having a carbon fibre reinforcement would ensure the stab would never fail.
*Also keep the elevator and rudder servos in the back of the plane!
*Keep the precision and tumbling velocities of the current planes.

They are my requests put in the spirit of pushing the envelope let's put some requests in.

All the Best

Danny
Dan the man is offline Find More Posts by Dan the man
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2016, 12:59 AM
Find More Posts by Motojunk
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
831 Posts
My request is make them cost a penny so I can have them all with a couple spares of each, lol. (joking, obviously. They are priced more than fair)
Motojunk is online now Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Jan 29, 2016, 02:46 AM
Find More Posts by FloBau
Germany, BW, Weinheim
Joined Sep 2012
975 Posts
What could be improved is the construction of the elevator. It's always a huge pain to fit the elevator in its slot.

Every time I fit it, get it out again, walk around the plane to be sure, have to measure it and so on. There is the possibility to have like rails in the slot, that doesn't allow the elevator stab to shift.

And I want a Sbach, because I've always liked the colour scheme.
FloBau is offline Find More Posts by FloBau
Old Jan 30, 2016, 08:45 PM
Find More Posts by Dan the man
Sydney Kingsford, Australia
Joined Feb 2004
473 Posts
FloBau,

Concur on that elevator. It's the one thing you have to be really careful of in the build.

When it comes to the build it's the only real weak point. The rest of it is spot on.

Danny
Dan the man is offline Find More Posts by Dan the man