New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by Whirlybird2012
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Mar 2013
1,489 Posts
Help!
AT6-Where to cut for flaps

Does anyone on the MotionRC team know where to cut the wing so that the flaps can operate? I'm talking about the long cut that most likely needs to be made parallel to the trailing edge, on the top of the wing. I figured out what to do with the sides.
Whirlybird2012 is offline Find More Posts by Whirlybird2012
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2013, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by Mark.MotionRC
Joined Jan 2013
34 Posts
AT-6 flaps

WB,
We recently spoke live and I believe you have resolved this issue. If you still need assistance please give is a call or email.

Mark
Mark.MotionRC is offline Find More Posts by Mark.MotionRC
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by Whirlybird2012
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Mar 2013
1,489 Posts
Thanks Mark for the unbelievable support from Motion RC. I'm getting ready to order another plane, partially because my confidence in your support is so high.

The solution was to very carefully cut the flaps on the ends where it is obvious, right up to the foam hinge. Then also being careful, "score a line" with the tip of a sharp exacto that is parallel to the seam in the foam. That seam is sort of a continuation of where the aileron hinge starts in the op of the wing. The distance between the seam and the line I cut is about 8cm.

I also scored the underside of the wing on the flap hinge very gently using just the tip of the blade. I added hinge tape and it is done. They work great!

The servos need a "reversing Y connector" to work properly because of the mounting style in the wing. I tried to turn the servo around and did not like the fit.

The AT6 flies fantastic!
Whirlybird2012 is offline Find More Posts by Whirlybird2012